HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
April 23 Pictures

^^^^ Its hard to see into the interior but this looks like it could be a double wall between units.
It is hard to tell from that angle--just looks like they're inline with each other?

Man, those HVAC guys must get sore jaws from chewing all that double bubble to pack those vents though...

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 2:49 PM

Can't wait until things green up and then the pics of our emerging new riverfront will really pop.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Can't wait until things green up and then the pics of our emerging new riverfront will really pop.
I super agree. Looks like they should start the intial work for the lower level of the parkade any day now. hope its still green when it starts to rise out of the ground. Its a pretty big parkade though.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 12:30 AM

April 25, 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ Four cranes... but probably not for very much longer.

^^^^ Concrete work underway. They were still pouring concrete at 5:30.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 4:25 PM

Nice shots Alt, haven't seen 4 cranes up for a long time

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 1:18 AM

April 30 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ I saw at least 8 cement trucks in the 20 mins I stopped while on my way home today. The footings look enormous. Some rebar can be seen in the footings, but it looks like they pour the concrete right into the holes in the dirt. I wonder if the idea is that they want to pour the footings into compacted and undisturbed ground. I imagine the rough "walls" of the footings with no form voids helps to anchor and stabilize them.

^^^^ Looks like the crane is coming down. They can't really been seen in the picture but there are 4-5 guys up on the jacking rig. They were walking right out onto the extended platform. I was feeling woozy just watching them from the ground.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 10:01 PM

Alt, you're the visual Center of this thread and past you, there ain't much else. Please keep up the great work. It's much appreciated from afar!

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 10:33 PM

To skyscrapers, on a page....

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
... Please keep up the great work. It's much appreciated from afar!
No problem! I go past there almost every day. One of these days I'll try to take a real camera, not just a cell phone. I will also try to document the Meridian project and the second Urban Capital project, should either proceed (I have no reason to think they won't). Meanwhile, May 2:

^^^^ Crane mostly down now. I think the perforated siding on the Remai is collecting a lot of dust from the adjacent elevated road. Maybe a good (sideways) rain will clean it up.

^^^^ Not wasting any time on the parkade. They are usually working on the weekends too.

Last edited by alt_center; May 3, 2018 at 2:57 AM.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:16 AM

May 7, 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ I think it will take many cement truck loads to pour that footing.

^^^^ Removing the ramp.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post
^^^^ I think it will take many cement truck loads to pour that footing.
Approximately 400 m3 of concrete will be getting poured into that raft slab for the core on Wednesday. So probably somewhere around 60 trucks will be used.

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 2:31 PM

Does anyone know where sales ended up for No1 Riverlanding condos? I know I have seen a few up for "resale" on some real estate sites....people flipping already i guess...but just wondering if they sold all their units with the addition of the 4 floors?

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Does anyone know where sales ended up for No1 Riverlanding condos? I know I have seen a few up for "resale" on some real estate sites....people flipping already i guess...but just wondering if they sold all their units with the addition of the 4 floors?
The show-suite is open on weekends, and according to their website, there are still some units available (although it appears the website is updated very infrequently).

http://www.no1riverlanding.com/floorplans/

Some floorplans state 1 or 2 units available. If one assumes 3 units available when the number is not mentioned, it comes out to approx. 13 or more. I think living on the 2nd or 3rd floors would be like living in a fishbowl (although I have no idea what floors the available units might be on).

That it is not sold out does not worry me very much re. the probability of their Broadway project proceeding.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 2:50 PM

Thanks...that was my concern....that Capital Pointe might delay any thoughts on proceeding with the proposed Broadway site, if there were too many units still for sale in Riverlanding. But I would agree, Alt Centre...if there are only 10-15 units left in a 120 unit project, then I think that speaks well to the demand/market.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Thanks...that was my concern....that Capital Pointe might delay any thoughts on proceeding with the proposed Broadway site, if there were too many units still for sale in Riverlanding. But I would agree, Alt Centre...if there are only 10-15 units left in a 120 unit project, then I think that speaks well to the demand/market.
especially to a market that hasnt had a large tower(s) built in decades.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 9:19 PM

The pathetic reality is that this tower has fewer units than many of the sprawling twig complexes in the burbs.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 9:47 PM

Thanks...that was my concern....that Capital Pointe might delay any thoughts on proceeding with the proposed Broadway site, by Prairie Guy.

WTF? Please explain the relevance. Is Saskatoon really just one ball in the sack of Saskatchewan?

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
Thanks...that was my concern....that Capital Pointe might delay any thoughts on proceeding with the proposed Broadway site, by Prairie Guy.

WTF? Please explain the relevance. Is Saskatoon really just one ball in the sack of Saskatchewan?
Hey man we don't need that attitude here. Prairie guy is not a developer nor am I. Saskatoon and Saskatchewan as a whole are small markets and there is probably no market more similar to Saskatoon than Regina. So yeah one ball in the sack, sure. If you were to kindly point out that Capital Pointe likely has no real relavance due to the shady nature of the developer in question then that would have been acceptable. Don't be a jerk, if you want to be like that then go post on another forum no one wants to read your nasty posts.

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 3:10 PM

Quote:

I took this as a mistake by prairie guy meaning Urban Capitol not Capital Pointe

Old Posted May 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan