HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 10:16 PM
Pure Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
Nutrien is going into the omega building that is to be the tallest building in sask! I’m guessing we’ll hear a press release soon
Omega building? What building is that?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 11:03 PM

So are we to assume phase three will be commencing this year then? If Nutrien is moving in they won't be wanting to wait for too long for this to be finished.

What is the official height of phase 3? an we dare to dream for 100m?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
So are we to assume phase three will be commencing this year then? If Nutrien is moving in they won't be wanting to wait for too long for this to be finished.

What is the official height of phase 3? an we dare to dream for 100m?
Proposed is 95m.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 11:10 PM

I don't mean to sound patronizing in any way when I say this, but I think Saskatoon is adorable. I love how River Landing is changing the skyline and enhancing it's profile. I sense a really cool vibe in toon town.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
I don't mean to sound patronizing in any way when I say this, but I think Saskatoon is adorable. I love how River Landing is changing the skyline and enhancing it's profile. I sense a really cool vibe in toon town.
I've hosted people from Ontario, Quebec, Australia, and elsewhere. They've all been surprised by Toon's charms.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 1:55 AM

Nutrien is using a glossy rendering with their corporate logo on the tower, but I can find a terribly high quality version to post:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4275597/n...river-landing/

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 2:42 AM

Sorry I said Omega building because it's going to look like a monster on the river. Definitely going to see some new sexy postcard shots from Diefenbaker park. One thing about Regina is that you can see the skyscraper for miles away- something you don't see in Saskatoon because of our lower downtown. I hope this changes that! Fingers crossed this pushes up plans for World Trader Center, and I'm guessing there's also some condo developers pushing up plans. The most exciting part is that the old building will definitely lower their rates and incentivize more suburban offices to move downtown. Win Win Win Win. This has got to be the biggest thing to hit the downtown in 20 yrs. I hope we see some people buy and build condos downtown on spec now. Here's some sexy pics:

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 2:49 AM

^ Great pics, but what's your source?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
^ Great pics, but what's your source?
a Nutrien employee passed it on.

Hopefully we see the Scotia Center get a good multi million dollar uplift with this. They've had retail space available downstairs longer than any smart landlord would leave vacant... I think Dream manages that centre - makes sense for Canpotex to move over to these towers as well to offer better collaboration?

Another thing to note is that there's mention of possibly a bank in those documents - with that many new employees there definitely could be the possibility of one of the banks opening up a branch down there - I know TD's still smells like 1990's smoke when I've walked into there.

I think the 80 million dollar renovation to Midtown Mall is just the beginning with this. I think we can expect to see hundreds of millions in investment to the downtown with this kind of initial investment to the downtown. I was seriously worried Nutrien would be leaving for Calgary.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 3:04 AM

A few more things before I stop ranting about how incredible this is haha. Two restaurants our downtown is lacking that other larger cities have - Joey, and a Keg. Fingers crossed one of the two open in these spots. I'm being as unbiased as I can with downtown restaurants, but 2nd Ave Grill - Nutrien's current connected building dining restaurant, may be one of the lowest quality dining restaurants downtown.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
I'm getting excited about the thought that maybe halfway through bldg #3 they're going to announce the completion of this project! Cheers, and thanks guys, for the visuals!
Boy you couldnt have been more wrong. Totally missed the mark by like 9.5 stories (counting parkade) Bahaha. did you know? Was this your way of telling us or just a timely guess?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 1:39 PM

Can we now have a mod change the thread title to show 18 floors and 93m for this newest tower?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 3:14 PM

Am I missing something, but how does 18 floors translate in to the tallest office building in Sask? Unless the rooftop atrium is what is boosting its height?

Regardless, this is fantastic news! I was so worried it would be years....if ever....that the 2nd office tower would be constructed. Lets see a condo tower by Farmers market, Urban Capital Condo tower on Broadway and downtown arena north of Midtown and we are off and running.....

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Am I missing something, but how does 18 floors translate in to the tallest office building in Sask? Unless the rooftop atrium is what is boosting its height?

Regardless, this is fantastic news! I was so worried it would be years....if ever....that the 2nd office tower would be constructed. Lets see a condo tower by Farmers market, Urban Capital Condo tower on Broadway and downtown arena north of Midtown and we are off and running.....
I didn't notice until now that some north tower renderings changed from 22-23 floors to 18 floors at about the same time as the 4 floors were added to the condo.

If this latest tower does not finally prompt a condo tower on parcel D/E then I don't know what will... I have to believe that at least some of the 100s of people ultimately working in these buildings would like to live within a 5 minute walk along the river! I also think this increases the already good odds the urban capital project and the meridian project actually happen.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 4:26 PM

Quote:

The rendering package above shows the rooftop terrace at 12M high, providing a total height of 93M. Mind you that same package shows skyline views of a city that is most definitely not Saskatoon and one of the interior elevations shows an escalator going up to a +15 - again not Saskatoon. No worries, though, this is all great news for the city.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 4:48 PM

I really like the current design of the office buildings, so my worry is if there is any kind of major change in the height or number of floors, does that also mean design is up for change too?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 5:37 PM

Quote:
I really like the current design of the office buildings, so my worry is if there is any kind of major change in the height or number of floors, does that also mean design is up for change too?
If Nutrien is releasing a rendering like below with their logo on it, I would say that what we're seeing is what we're getting:

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
If Nutrien is releasing a rendering like below with their logo on it, I would say that what we're seeing is what we're getting:

True but the hotel/condo portion of the rendering is incorrect.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 6:02 PM

Sure, but it's of no concern to Nutrien to depict the hotel/condo accurately.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 6:05 PM

this new rendering looks like it still has 20 floors. Either way, fantastic news. 2 years ago there wasnt any action on the site and we were all wondering what was going on, now in less than 5 years the whole project will be complete.

Thats huge for our city, with a project that size.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan