HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 7:14 PM

I'm with Echoes. I am not too worried about the overall look or even the number of floors. I believe the total height parcel YY allowed to go is 95 meters without going back to the city for approval. No one will notice 2 meters and overall it has all the same features and like the winter garden that they have always been promising. I'm confident it will all be ok.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 8:00 PM

That tower looks great!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 8:18 PM

Great tower. It is def more than 18 floors in some of the renders. I guess this beats out Mosaic's tower in Regina as the tallest office building in the province due to the extra-tall parapet where the Nutrien sign sits. Mosaic's head frame tower at Esterhazy is still taller LOL.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 9:48 PM

Change is coming!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 16, 2018 at 12:25 AM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 8:24 PM

Parcel Y reminds me of the Husky office in Lloydminster - one shiny building (3 in Saskatoon) surrounded by otherwise meh.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 9:56 PM
Has been

Yea, we heard you the first time.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 1:01 PM

Although I possess at times troll-like qualities, I love Saskatonians and the city, and I think of myself as adding a fresh perspective, bringing up the back end.
It's not all about cars and car-convenience. That was manufactured by car companies before the 1950s.

Now, with Saskatoon in a Core transition, I'm proud to finally witness this rightly-placed growth. So many folks want to make our Core a better place, and that's exciting. Let's roll with it.

There are correct perspectives for the 18-story bldg in the last application to the Me-trail managers as the developers wanted to increase height. Hopefully some gov't agency steps up and books a few extra floors to get the tallest office block in Sask back up to 22! Woo!

(Saskatoonborn, I just had a hunch.This is a cool market which is so under-developed, and the recent mergers just seemed so perfectly timed...the other being the Health Region offices.)

King Ralph sounds like what's left beside a dumpster at 3 AM.

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 17, 2018 at 1:27 PM.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 7:15 PM

Enjoy watching the construction of these buildings. Saskatoon won't see any more downtown "highrise" developments (less than 20 stories hardly counts) for 20 years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
Although I possess at times troll-like qualities, I love Saskatonians and the city, and I think of myself as adding a fresh perspective, bringing up the back end.
It's not all about cars and car-convenience. That was manufactured by car companies before the 1950s.

Now, with Saskatoon in a Core transition, I'm proud to finally witness this rightly-placed growth. So many folks want to make our Core a better place, and that's exciting. Let's roll with it.

There are correct perspectives for the 18-story bldg in the last application to the Me-trail managers as the developers wanted to increase height. Hopefully some gov't agency steps up and books a few extra floors to get the tallest office block in Sask back up to 22! Woo!

(Saskatoonborn, I just had a hunch.This is a cool market which is so under-developed, and the recent mergers just seemed so perfectly timed...the other being the Health Region offices.)

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ralph View Post
Enjoy watching the construction of these buildings. Saskatoon won't see any more downtown "highrise" developments (less than 20 stories hardly counts) for 20 years or so.
I don't understand the hostility. Why say negative things?
Wouldn't you feel better about yourself as a person if you said nice positive things? I feel sorry for you that you must make negative comments about our city in order to feel good.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2018, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpG_GuY View Post
That tower looks great!
I'm glad to see this happening in our beautiful city. I'm sure more is to come.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 3:10 AM

There has actually been a lot of great news on the citybuilding front lately in Saskatoon. A couple of sympathetic infill/renovation projects in the warehouse district, the completion of river landing village, and several new projects in the Broadway area. Lots to look forward to.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post

King Ralph is a Russian bot.

If you think about it the new Sask’s Health Authority still needs a home. Kind of strange they haven’t announced that quite yet. I also think it’s strange a City larger than Regina doesn’t really have a Government presence downtown? Isn’t that weird? Regina has the ministry of economy jobs downtown if I’m correct - makes sense to have a few up here to take advantage of Saskatoon’s grad talent.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 3:02 PM

There are a couple of really negative posters on the Regina thread who often lure posters into a back forth exchange. Let's just choose to completely ignore the obvious "haters" on here. Different perspectives welcome...posts just to antagonize not so much. Please ignore "him/her".

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 7:01 PM

Hate to break it to you, but the SHA's new HQ will be in the Stonebridge business park, where rent is cheap and space is plentiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
King Ralph is a Russian bot.

If you think about it the new Sask’s Health Authority still needs a home. Kind of strange they haven’t announced that quite yet. I also think it’s strange a City larger than Regina doesn’t really have a Government presence downtown? Isn’t that weird? Regina has the ministry of economy jobs downtown if I’m correct - makes sense to have a few up here to take advantage of Saskatoon’s grad talent.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but the SHA's new HQ will be in the Stonebridge business park, where rent is cheap and space is plentiful.
so sad, i was hoping for a 50 storey highrise

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Hate to break it to you
hahaha

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 4:05 PM

June 19th Pictures:

^^^^ I was wondering if the announcement that the north tower is proceeding would have any impact on the parkade construction. Anyway, this image shows that they have already started back filling against the west wall.

^^^^ The were just finished a large pour when I want past around 6PM

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 4:25 PM

So I assume the foundation/parkade would now have to be completed on the first office tower before they could start excavation for the second Nutrien tower?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 5:16 PM

Good progress on site, and you're getting better shooting blind, Alt! Just don't forget to mix things up with wide shots as you jog by on the East bank;>)

Prairieguy, I think they have to finalize before they dive, more than anything.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 5:10 PM

I assume each tower has it's own parkade, so starting the final one probably wouldn't start until this one is at least ground level. Didn't the elude to this fall or next spring for a start on the last one.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan