HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 23, 2018, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
I assume each tower has it's own parkade, so starting the final one probably wouldn't start until this one is at least ground level. Didn't the elude to this fall or next spring for a start on the last one.
No assumption necessary, it has been confirmed that each tower will have its own parkade. Yes, they've marked this fall or early next year for a start date on the new tower. (I think that's what you're talking about.) Sorry for sounding like a grammar dick.

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 28, 2018 at 9:06 AM. Reason: Jack Layton quote from Chadillaccc: cheers!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2018, 1:08 AM

I thought that the parkades were to be linked together in the end?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 8:36 AM

I just checked the Meewasin submission but they don't have a plan for the office parkades, or not on the one I found. There's a link (pun-fun!) from Echoes, a while back, on page 31, post#616 which shows the 18 floor office bldg. A shared parkade is mentioned on that SSP page, too. What better time to continue north, then?>)

...Interesting though, I couldn't quote the height of the first/East office tower, which must be known by now, I'm guessing 55 - 58M, and the hotel height must be locked by now, and with the North office being quoted at 93M, can these numbers finally replace the question marks?

I'm curious because if the condo is 63M and the new tall office stands at 93M, the office tower should appear much taller (by another half) than the condo. Never mind. Just really happy this is moving forward. (I think this becomes obvious when someone begins to worry about thread titles.)

I saw a photo of DT from about the University Bridge and it shows the condo right beside the Ramada Hotel bldg at exactly the same height. The office bldgs from that shot-spot are going to fill out the picture very nicely, especially with the Bess Hotel unobstructed! I'll link the pick if I find it, or....>)

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 28, 2018 at 8:49 AM. Reason: off then on topic again

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 5:40 PM
ARTchitecture

I am thrilled to see that Nutrien has signed on and that the 3rd and final tower of River Landing will be underway shortly. I've been following this proposal since around 2010! It's evolution has been remarkable and Saskatoon is most certainly getting a quality addition that I don't think any of us could have predicted 8 years ago. The location is so completely excellent for a new tallest, not to mention a whole new tower district. It's really going to make Saskatoon a 21st century-looking city. It's fair to say that the public investments in the pedestrian and cultural infrastructure of the area has been a massive success. Bravo!

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 6:38 PM

Just a quick update on the office tower parkade front. The parkade for the East Tower is getting built with knockout panels in the west wall. When the parkade for the north tower is built, the panels will be removed to allow for traffic flow through the linked parkade structure. They just need to ensure that the floor elevations match at those locations.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Just a quick update on the office tower parkade front. The parkade for the East Tower is getting built with knockout panels in the west wall. When the parkade for the north tower is built, the panels will be removed to allow for traffic flow through the linked parkade structure. They just need to ensure that the floor elevations match at those locations.
The floor elevations don't need to match. In Regina they linked the parkades for FCC Tower, Agriculture Place and Mosaic Tower into one giant underground parkade a long city block in length. The floors do not line up and they use small ramps.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2018, 7:52 PM

Thanks for the update Crisis, that will be a big parkade.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 3:55 PM

I was talking about an image I'd seen with the new condo at the same height as the Ramada hotel...So here's the far side image I was talking about. I hope the connection works and all protocol has been followed correctly. Even from this (University) end, Saskabush should look like she's growing! Just imagine the offices my friends. So this photo was taken by: Gene Pavelich and I guess I'll just play it safe and add the url, not the image: https://genepavelichphotography.ca/r...-to-saskatoon/ Cheers everybody!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 3:48 PM

June 26 2018 Pictures:

^^^^ Glass is now up to 10th floor. They have started to add a little bit of the black trim on the southwest corner (the near corner in the photo). Still only one balcony railing up. They have moved the temporary ground floor wall from outside to inside the first floor columns, which are now visible. In older photos they cannot be seen. There is still no sign of any exterior cladding on the hotel.

^^^^ The west wall (first floor) is complete across the entire width of the parkade. If there are knockout sections to be removed when the north parkade is built, they are hard to see. They must be there, though, as I recall seeing a diagram in which the north parkade relies on ramps in the east parkade (i.e., the north parkade could not function stand-alone as shown in the diagram).

^^^^ These pictures are a few days old. They have since poured almost all the way to the south east corner.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 9:27 AM

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 7:24 AM

I love seeing the glass going up on that building. It is going to be such a unique look for Saskatoon. Can't wait for it to be finished.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 4:36 PM

First time coming into the Saskatoon threads, wanted to see how this was doing. It's funny that it's Urban Capital – looks like it's going to have very similar finishings to Glasshouse in Winnipeg. But this is much more visually interesting in terms of shape, where GH is just a box. Nice project.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the update Alt, and the contribution, Wpg Guy! Hello buzzg - yes, very similar to GH, but better;>)

Office-wise, it seems if the hype is right from the news conference, it's the tallest render they'll be building, which will be a great peak for the skyline, and a fine-looking building (I hope!). That means it will be 22 stories, if it's going to be the tallest in the province @ 93m. The waves going down the sides of the offices should add quite an effect, in conjunction with the slanted walls. Are these supposed to mimic the flow of prairie wheat? V-cool!

I have the image here, from the company's submission for MVA approval: Oops, crap, I forgot I have to host it somewhere...well, here's the link, then. It's on page 4: https://meewasin.com/assets/upload/r...08.5%20X11.pdf

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 4:44 PM

I'm pretty sure that the "wave" shown in the rendering on page 4 of that document is just some artistic licence.

To the best of my knowledge (though I may be proven wrong) the current design for the North Tower is basically a taller version of the East Tower. It will have sloping north & south walls created by the "sliding" offset floor plates, like the East Tower. The east and west side walls will have two offsets (jogs) in them but will otherwise be will be flat & plumb.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 6:44 PM

Hope the large tower isn't going to be an empty albatross in Saskatoon's skyline for years to come. The provincial economy sucks and it doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ralph View Post
Hope the large tower isn't going to be an empty albatross in Saskatoon's skyline for years to come. The provincial economy sucks and it doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon.
I know this King Ralph person is a sauce bucket based on past posts, but just for anyone new who isn't looking back - half the tower is confirmed by Nutrien. Lots of opportunity for suburban offices that have grown over the past decade to now take advantage of lower lease rates downtown.

Sask's growth rate is forecast to be 3rd fastest in Canada next 2 yrs according to Scotiabank Economics and 2nd fastest according to RBC Economics. Only behind AB and BC. Those are some solid stats for a condo and office space hungry market.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
I know this King Ralph person is a sauce bucket based on past posts, but just for anyone new who isn't looking back - half the tower is confirmed by Nutrien. Lots of opportunity for suburban offices that have grown over the past decade to now take advantage of lower lease rates downtown.

Sask's growth rate is forecast to be 3rd fastest in Canada next 2 yrs according to Scotiabank Economics and 2nd fastest according to RBC Economics. Only behind AB and BC. Those are some solid stats for a condo and office space hungry market.
The developers of this building are very sophisticated. They are not in this to lose money.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ralph View Post
They can always steal businesses from Lloydminster to fill it up.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 2:01 PM

Sorry, there's a small market for this type of office space - public companies, large law/accounting firms, etc. It does not include businesses with suburban offices. If they make any move, it will be to the Stonebridge business park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 4:02 PM

July 6:

There were lots of "No Parking starting at 4AM" signs up all around the site. Looks like they were preparing for a huge pour Saturday at the south end of the parkade. Hard to believe that's already the third parking floor. Rebar can be seen on the west wall, and a lot of backfilling has been done. Again it looks to me like there are no provisions being made for the extension of the parkade westward.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan