HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Park Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 1:51 AM

Yup, can confirm that one of the buildings has been bulldozed and that there's wood protectors around the trees on the road.

Also just got a letter in the mail today, construction to widen 100th to from Whalley blvd to 140th is expected to start this spring.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 4:44 AM

^Good that they are fixing that missing link. Not sure why the stretch between Whalley Blvd and 140 wasnt included in the project that started last February.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 8:06 PM

its easier to approve smaller budget projects even if it ends up costing more in the long run

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blease View Post
What’s being gutted?
There are (were) 2 buildings on the property being developed. I think up to now they were being used for office/ storage by the Concord construction company. I suspect there will be no buildings by this time next week.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
^Good that they are fixing that missing link. Not sure why the stretch between Whalley Blvd and 140 wasnt included in the project that started last February.
Yeah, but I'm going to miss seeing the cars drag racing up from Whalley Blvd. to where the road narrowed....Not! It was sometimes an adventure getting out of our driveway at P.A. Cops were having a field day there.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 7:57 AM

I love P.A. so much that I got two high level two-bedroom corner units in PA West in last 3 months, one facing NW and one facing SE. I was lucky to get these 2 units, in both cases, the previous buyers defaulted due to loan disapproval. Then I offered lower than asking price and got both. Both are new and never lived in. The investors made a lot of profit from me. The NW unit sees the mountains but the downtown and the 3CP Tower view are not nice. The SE unit gets a lot of sun and my wife love it. There is a wet land in front of the SE window so no building will be built there, thanks God. It sees a lot of trees and I like it a lot. Park Boulevard will be built on the right side of the SE window. I am watching it everyday and will post some photo whenever there is major milestone. For now, they dug a deep hole right next to the Park Place building foundation and disassembling the show room. I looked at all existing condo in this new Surrey downtown area, I guess only 3 Civic Place Tower can match the quality of PA East and West as of now. And no one can match the amenities of PA east/west yet. But I don't like the tall and concrete exterior wall of the 3CP tower..... I hope they paint a color on it.

I am also looking to get a pre-sale contract but it seems no more new site is coming soon in this area. I don't like King George Hub because it has no 7x24 concierge. This area is still not very safe, it is important to have a 7x24 guard in the lobby. It also helps a lot on many condo issues/questions, mailing, delivery, arrange moving, and more. The homeless shelter area is not too far away from here. I also don't like the idea of having commercial at the bottom of the building. More strangers around is not nice for my home :-)

Last edited by e-clam9; Jan 22, 2018 at 3:34 PM.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
I love P.A. so much that I got two high level two-bedroom corner units in PA West in last 3 months, one facing NW and one facing SE. I was lucky to get these 2 units, in both cases, the previous buyers defaulted due to loan disapproval. Then I offered lower than asking price and got both. Both are new and never lived in. The investors made a lot of profit from me. The NW unit sees the mountains but the downtown and the 3CP Tower view are not nice. The SE unit gets a lot of sun and my wife love it. There is a wet land in front of the SE window so no building will be built there, thanks God. It sees a lot of trees and I like it a lot. Park Boulevard will be built on the right side of the SE window. I am watching it everyday and will post some photo whenever there is major milestone. For now, they dug a deep hole right next to the Park Place building foundation and disassembling the show room. I looked at all existing condo in this new Surrey downtown area, I guess only 3 Civic Place Tower can match the quality of PA East and West as of now. And no one can match the amenities of PA east/west yet. But I don't like the tall and concrete exterior wall of the 3CP tower..... I hope they paint a color on it.

I am also looking to get a pre-sale contract but it seems no more new site is coming soon in this area. I don't like King George Hub because it has no 7x24 concierge. This area is still not very safe, it is important to have a 7x24 guard in the lobby. It also helps a lot on many condo issues/questions, mailing, delivery, arrange moving, and more. The homeless shelter area is not too far away from here. I also don't like the idea of having commercial at the bottom of the building. More strangers around is not nice for my home :-)
What was that building a showroom for? The presentation center for P.A. was closer to K.G. Blvd. I'm not sure about the hole you are referring to as there has been no excavation yet, just demolition.
I agree the amenities are nice here in P.A., but I wish the pool was all season and that we were allowed to have an alcoholic beverage on the rooftop garden/ patio as pictured in their handout. I guess a few spoil it for the many.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
What was that building a showroom for? The presentation center for P.A. was closer to K.G. Blvd.
I believe that showroom was for Infinity way back when and maybe Park Place too (?).

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman12 View Post
I'm not sure about the hole you are referring to as there has been no excavation yet, just demolition.
Let me try to take a photo tomorrow before I go to work. Not sure how to post photo here, let me learn.

I agree that outdoor pool PA is a waste in winter but it still look nice when I look at it from high level

They still don't allow PA West resident to visit root top because of winter. Not sure why.... there is no icy or snow weather here yet.... I really want to go up there.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 4:59 PM

They still don't allow PA West resident to visit root top because of winter. Not sure why.... there is no icy or snow weather here yet.... I really want to go up there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they didn't let us up until April or May last year. First they said it was because of the weather, then it was because strata had to make up a bunch of rules, no alcohol, open from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. etc. So much for watching the sunrise as promoted . Ours is closed for the winter now too.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 11:53 PM

And the 2nd building bites the dust. Sure didn't take long. I expect the excavation will start soon after the rubble is cleaned up.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 1:54 AM

Looking good! Time to clear this sucker and start digging. Glad to see this project moving along. Sad that part of the clear view will disappear, but better than looking at construction equipment.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 4:59 AM

You may already know, Concord will build 2 more buildings in front of the Park Ave East building on 100th Ave. It will block some of their 180 degree view (sorry to say that). There is no name for these 2 new buildings yet. I really want to get a pre-sale contract when it is available. Anyone knows their timing on these 2 future buildings? I love Concord build quality and amenities and 7x24 concierge. Concord has a few new buildings in Vancouver area now and their condo interior look the same as PA east and west but much more expensive because of location.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
You may already know, Concord will build 2 more buildings in front of the Park Ave East building on 100th Ave. It will block some of their 180 degree view (sorry to say that). There is no name for these 2 new buildings yet. I really want to get a pre-sale contract when it is available. Anyone knows their timing on these 2 future buildings? I love Concord build quality and amenities and 7x24 concierge. Concord has a few new buildings in Vancouver area now and their condo interior look the same as PA east and west but much more expensive because of location.
That last remaining site has been under application for years - but a new application just submitted last year. If Concord is the developer, I would guess theyre not going to start until Park Boulevard is finished.. so 2020?

Current status:
https://apps.surrey.ca/Online-Develo...ar=17&seq=0363

Was just updated yesterday (Jan 22) - under preliminary review still.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
That last remaining site has been under application for years - but a new application just submitted last year. If Concord is the developer, I would guess theyre not going to start until Park Boulevard is finished.. so 2020?

Current status:
https://apps.surrey.ca/Online-Develo...ar=17&seq=0363

Was just updated yesterday (Jan 22) - under preliminary review still.
Surrey gov said Surrey will surpass Vancouver in 30 years. If this takes so long to approve a condo building, I guess Surrey never can surpass Vancouver, and not even New Westminster.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 1:35 AM

A bad photoshop job showing the area with Hub Phase B and Park Boulevard.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 1:58 AM

Is there anything planned for the area to the right of Park Avenue East?

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Is there anything planned for the area to the right of Park Avenue East?
Yes, there is. That's the one that was just being talked about a couple of posts before. Right now Concord has the crane on it, but likely once they're finishing up on Boulevard they'll start with the two buildings there.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
Yes, there is. That's the one that was just being talked about a couple of posts before. Right now Concord has the crane on it, but likely once they're finishing up on Boulevard they'll start with the two buildings there.
It doesn't seem like that lot is large enough enough for two towers.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
It doesn't seem like that lot is large enough enough for two towers.
This is what has been envisioned for the site. I snagged the pic a year ago from Dys Architecture website.

http://dysarchitecture.com/projects/...-100th-avenue/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley