HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 7:30 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac78130 View Post
Scroll down for more renderings of Resorts World Las Vegas

http://www.genting.com/press/2013/GENT_04mar2013.pdf
Sweet jesus, talk about replacing the hole left in our hearts by the loss of Imperial Palace. *sarcasm* I love it!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac78130 View Post
Scroll down for more renderings of Resorts World Las Vegas

http://www.genting.com/press/2013/GENT_04mar2013.pdf
I really like the Chinese inspired theme, but one of the buildings looks too much like Aria, IMO.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
I really like the Chinese inspired theme, but one of the buildings looks too much like Aria, IMO.
Inspired by Willy Bank, perhaps?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 3:13 AM

Promising, but don't get your hopes up too high just yet. So far it's just a property purchase. How many times in the past have we seen outside companies buy huge plots of land on the strip for a fantastic new resort, only to realize later that they bit off more than they can chew and nothing gets built? In the past thirty years not one single resort on the strip was developed by a company that wasn't already established in Nevada (other than the new Aladdin, which promptly went bankrupt, and the Cosmo which the bank took over). Genting says they are going to scale up the project with partners who don't exist yet. That's the same strategy Boyd was using. So it looks like funding for the actual building of the project is not in place yet. That strategy almost killed CityCenter when MGM almost didn't get the funding to finish it. Wynn can be a dick, but he's smart when he said don't start building until all of the funding is in place first. I'm old enough to remember back in the 1970s when construction was still cheap and Vegas resorts would build additional hotel towers with cash straight off the gaming tables. Construction is way too expensive to do that any more.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...1&sec=business
Quote:
CIMB Research: Genting's Las Vegas investment a negative surprise

CIMB Research said there will be an option to scale up the investment further with partners at a later point.

"While we were hoping that Genting would broaden its gaming exposure following the sale of its Malaysian power assets for RM2.3bil, RWLV creates a confusing and disjointed corporate structure because the project should be under Genting Malaysia since the US and UK markets were believed to be within Genting Malaysia's jurisdiction.

"Genting Malaysia also has a stronger financial ability to absorb the project. Although Genting has RM2.3bil in cash at the holding company level, it only has RM500mil of operating cashflow a year to meet its equity commitments in its Indonesian power and O&G investments.

"We estimate that Genting will need to inject another RM633mil in equity per annum over the next three years into RWLV. Entering the highly competitive Las Vegas market is also in stark contrast to the group's monopolistic track record," said CIMB Research.

Last edited by mdiederi; Mar 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 3:07 PM

did the Chinese company already took over the land? done deal?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 7:51 PM

^ Yeah, it's a done deal, they paid cash on March 4th.

The renderings look like they are going to utilize the existing foundations already poured to start with, so they would save some money there and have a head start.

If construction really starts up I wonder if that will spur Carl Icahn to do something with Fontainebleau. He could finish that project a lot faster if he wanted to since the frame and cladding is already in place.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 5:00 AM

the fontainebleau project shall be done by 2016 along with the chinese theme mega resort, it makes more sense for everyone involved on the north edge of the strip. hopefully itll be new good times for this area, considering reconstruction of sahara and remodeling of riviera. someday a walk along north las vegas blvd wont be so unpleasant and kind of dangerous experience during the night

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 6:01 PM

I like the color of the facade on the Resorts World rendering better than the proposed Echelon color. I don't know how much of an attraction a Great Wall replica in the front will be, usually big blank walls don't have good feng shui.

I wonder if construction will start before they get approved to operate in Nevada? Genting doesn't have a gaming license in Nevada yet and the process to get one can take a lot of time.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
the fontainebleau project shall be done by 2016 along with the chinese theme mega resort, it makes more sense for everyone involved on the north edge of the strip. hopefully itll be new good times for this area, considering reconstruction of sahara and remodeling of riviera. someday a walk along north las vegas blvd wont be so unpleasant and kind of dangerous experience during the night
Fountainbleu is starting up again? I hadn't seen that news. Where'd you read that?

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 6:54 AM

So many, like myself, have had their hopes dashed, over the last 5 years, of cancelled/delayed projects, it's hard to get me to excited by this current proposal until I see the lights go on and fountains running outside!

As one article stated: economy dependent!

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
Fountainbleu is starting up again? I hadn't seen that news. Where'd you read that?
there's no new development regarding stalled fountainbleu yet. may be completed in a few years? yeah, it's common sense. nevada's tallest building won't be always 'under construction'. build it or just blow it away already!

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 12:36 AM

New York hotel developer joins Caesars in Bill's Gamblin' Hall remodeling

Caesars Entertainment Corp. announced Monday it is partnering with a New York City-based luxury hotel operator in the $185 million redevelopment of the now-closed Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...all-remodeling

Old Posted Mar 28, 2013, 9:48 PM

Old Posted Mar 31, 2013, 4:11 AM

That new change for bills gambling hall is super conservative. Looks like any old hotel.

The new Resorts World hotel has to be called "The Red Dragon" in honor of Rush Hour.

Also, I want a Bioshock: Infinite themed resort.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 7:55 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
Cowabunga Breaks Ground Dec 4:

http://shanehuish.wix.com/vegas
We have one of these by where I live. ( Draper ). But ours is tiny compare the size of what you guys are getting.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 5:03 PM

MGM has grand plans with trendy plaza, sports arena

MGM Resorts International will spend $100 million to transform land along the Strip and surrounding the New York-New York and Monte Carlo resorts into a plaza with trendy shops, restaurants and a park that will serve as a gateway into a 20,000-seat sports arena.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...a-sports-arena

Old Posted May 6, 2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Crusader View Post

MGM Resorts International will spend $100 million to transform land along the Strip and surrounding the New York-New York and Monte Carlo resorts into a plaza with trendy shops, restaurants and a park that will serve as a gateway into a 20,000-seat sports arena.

I was just in Vegas and spoke to a friend who works at MGM Grand. He was excited telling me about the new arena coming in. Funny I thought he said 20,000 seats though. He also mentioned to take pictures of the current New York New York, because the Statue of Liberty would be gone within a year. Kind of wish I had a chance to ask him more questions, but we was much more excited talking about the fight.

Old Posted May 8, 2013, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Crusader View Post

Additional renderings of the MGM project:

Old Posted May 20, 2013, 5:03 PM

Work resumes at Wyndham Vacation Resorts' Desert Blue

A casualty of the recession finally has a pulse.

Five years after construction flatlined at Wyndham Vacation Resorts’ Desert Blue, the company has restarted work on the 19-story, 281-unit timeshare on Twain Avenue just west of Interstate 15.

Wyndham officials said Friday they couldn’t offer any details on the project, except to say it’s early in construction.

“We’re trying to get movement started,” said Wyndham spokeswoman Lindsay Graham.

Workers crawled all over the curved tower Friday morning.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busines...ts-desert-blue

Old Posted Jun 18, 2013, 9:24 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations