HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 8:03 PM

Wondering aloud if that GIC came out with reco to let Mac go ahead with their project by releasing lands.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 8:12 PM

^ It did, but as part of the motion the documents are to remain private (because this is Hamilton any everything MUST be secret)

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
^ It did, but as part of the motion the documents are to remain private (because this is Hamilton any everything MUST be secret)
I mean, right now it kind of makes sense. NIMBYs with too much time on their hands grab the documents and attack literally every single word, until it either gets delayed intl cancellation, or cancelled altogether from the get-go.

The only way to move forward the city is to hide this stuff until it's already happening. Which sucks for those of us that would like to make meaningful feedback that's not "why are you ruining the city". But there aren't many advocates out at public meetings, usually complainers ,NIMBYs and people who don't understand why this benefits them in any way, even though it's not hurting them outside construction.

In Burlington, one of the biggest complaints is the congestion due to construction. "You shouldn't build this because there will be noise and construction traffic nearby the construction." Like yea bud, do you have any useful comments to make?

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
Thanks, hope this moves ahead regardless of LRT

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 3:11 PM

Has there been any movement on this? I am curious what the timeline for this build is, considering McMaster usually likes to do one thing at a time due to budget constraints. I am also curious what McMaster plans to do with all this space for graduates, considering the students are making due right now. I wonder if existing rentals for students will vacate and maybe help non-students afford or find rentals in the city.

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton