HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Sep 9, 2017, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exomesplice View Post
Thanks for letting me know - should be fixed now.
I see them now. Thanks for posting the images.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 5:54 PM

Local residents are lining up to oppose this project. I don't think they will be successful, and here is why:

1: The north side of the building is pulled away from the lot line by at least 1m, respecting alleyway access between Spring and Ferguson. This alley will remain open and public after construction.

2: Setbacks: The DRP suggested removing the initial design's west wing, making the building an L shape instead of a U in order to maximize light to the units, as well as to the neighbourhood behind. The latest design has a grand total of 4 setbacks from the lot lines, on the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 14th floors, as well as exceeding the required distance from lot line to ground floor by about 1 metre.

As mentioned in this thread earlier, there is a concern about loss of views and light to the north side of the rowhomes on Jackson Street. This latest design does just about everything it can to mitigate these issues without becoming a point tower (which I'm sure the neighbourhood would like less)

The idea that resident's backyards will be facing a 50m brick wall is just totally incorrect and silly.

I also have a hard time hearing people with south facing exposure (which gets TONS of sun all day) complaining about a minute loss of daylight from their north facing windows.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 4:45 PM

Anybody have an update on this proposal?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 11:20 PM

I believe it's dead.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton