HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 29, 2015, 10:20 PM

ALBANY: 50 Shades of Overcast

I like my hometown, it's a very nice place. But I also like the sun, especially after having spent so much time in sunny parts of the country (California, I'm lookin' at you). I'm someone who naturally feels tired no matter how much or little I sleep/eat/work out and getting a strong dose of Vitamin D is the best remedy I've found thus far. That and whisky. Lots of whisky. It's sun in liquid form, dontchaknow.

Anyway my first couple days home for the holidays had enough sun (and historic warmth!) to all but forget about Upstate NY's tendencies, but then of course days three through five had to give us nothing but the heavy, hovering grays that make me say eff moving back there any time soon. My family is just across the Hudson River from downtown in Rennselaer County, and as such most of the shots I took are from over there, where the best skyline views in town are. There's also loads of overlooked areas to explore...no crazy UrBAn EXpLOrAtIOn relics, but neglected areas nonetheless.

Day 1 was Christmas Eve day, aka the day that gave us balmy 66 degree weather

My dad worked at this Amtrak station for 27 years

Day 2, Christmas Day, was cooler but sunnier, and I managed to sneak out for an hour and get a good haul of pics

Day Three took me to Peebles Island State Park, where you can walk around in N A T U R E. Oppressive skies also make their inevitable entrance

And on my last day I waited for it to start raining before I went out shooting (a few of the shots are blurry cuz of water on the lens...sorry about that!). It was also the Sunday after Christmas, and as such the whole city felt deserted, and I somehow ended up in the bleakest of industrial places. I guess the weather drew me to them.

What a happy cheery fun time place

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos