HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 2:05 PM

Help Please: Enlarging Digital Photos

Hey All,

I was hoping to get your help ASAP. I have a photo that I want to enlarge (or get a large printing of it done approx 24 x 30 inches). I just don't know of any quality, local places to get such done at. Last time I did this to get an 8 x 10 photo from the Spec blown up I went all the way to Toronto.

I'm looking to do this quickly, because I have a Michael's coupon for 60% off custom framing that expires at weeks end....not sure if I can make this, but I'm going to try!

Thanks in advance,
C!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 2:48 PM

I don't make many prints, but Black's does a nice job. They also have gallery prints, though I've never ordered them. Maybe the photography shop on Ottawa St. can do better for such a large print.

Also, the quality of the print will depend on the quality of the digital file. A 4"x6" print of an 800x533 pixel photo from the internet will look bad. A photo from a decent camera that hasn't been shrunken should look ok at 24x30".

Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 1:09 PM

Thanks flar. I went with Blacks, seems to be a decent price and reputable name. I've got no worries about the photo though, a generous person from
the board sent me an uncompressed version of one of their photos!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion