HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 1:49 AM
Majestic

I wish I could have stayed in San Antonio longer when I was last there. Sadly, I was only able to stay for a few hours. Have to say that I like a lot of the architecture.

Flickr

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 6:10 AM

That pic is Bandera County in metro San Antonio.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 6:48 AM
Ya Dig!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
Very nice spread.

But, is this really in the SA area?

Wouldn't put it past it. As soon as you leave San Antonio going to the west, the hills begin.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 9:32 AM

The above pic looks like it's from Lost Maples State Park, in far west Bandera county, about an hour from SA on hwy 16. Some of the hills in SA proper and NW Bexar county (the county San Antonio is in) are just as big. Here's a pic I took in Leon Springs, a suburb of SA about 5 min north on I-10, looking toward an exclusive San Antonio-area subdivision called The Dominion:

...and these are some I found on the net of I-10 and 1604, well within the city limits and one of the busier interchanges in San Antonio:

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 3:26 PM

San Antonio'a terrain is also unique since it sits on three different terrains.The city looks different in every part which is neat.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 3:29 PM

I would say the setting in the pic is about 30 minutes away from S.A. because Kerrville is further out and Kerrvile is less than an hour away.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 3:46 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas
The above pic looks like it's from Lost Maples State Park, in far west Bandera county, about an hour from SA on hwy 16.
It is, I've seen that photo before and I know it is Lost Maples. I've never been there, but from everything I've heard, it's absolutely beautiful.

Wikipedia page on it. Lost Maples is actually 71 miles west of San Antonio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Ma...e_Natural_Area

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 4:06 PM
From the Shwa

I used to live near there.. the picture is set pretty close to COMFORT, TX ...

On another note, i was just offered the ability to move back to San Antone.. but .. i just bought a place here

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 7:37 PM

Im not sure if that is Los Maples but the pic is bandera County in metro S.A.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 7:50 PM
Tex - Mex Man

Really I love S.A. de Bexar... is amazing, beautiful... i was there on last July and i Love it....

I have some pics from this trip, when i have enough time i will post it...

Great pics!!!

REGIO de alma, vida, corazón, convicción y elección. Naturalizado del norte

"D.F. - Mty - Gdl - Pue - Tij - Leo - CJZ - Lag - Mda - Tol - S.L.P. - Qro - Ags - Ver - Cun"

The most important cities in
M E X I C O

Galería de fotos de Monterrey

Monterrey en imágenes

Old Posted Nov 15, 2006, 8:13 PM

Great place to live! I love the pics.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 12:03 AM

S.A forumers any new pics to post?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2006, 9:04 AM

Anymore Southtown pics?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2006, 3:36 PM
Red October standing by

neato. this could be my new home. some friends of mine stayed at the old jail-hotel and loved it.

-

-fflint

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 12:13 AM
Meh

Great pics, y'all.

Does anyone know where these two pics were taken?

This one of the riverwalk, where is this?
http://static.flickr.com/73/192057790_c90013407d_b.jpg

And this one? A drawing of Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. Anyone know?
http://static.flickr.com/54/134818679_1871eb3e95_b.jpg

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 6:31 AM
BANNED

That is the smallest, ugliest and most boring skyline ever for a city of a million+.
However I love the street level shots - those are pure money.
Nice and I bet the weather is great there too.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 8:50 PM

Don't see anything pathetic about the skyline.It does have taller buidings than San Diego or Phoenix.Hopefully with the new towers under construction and ones that are planned San Antonio will have a shiny new skyline.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2006, 8:45 AM
BANNED

That skyline is crap, really.
It reminds me of what Erie PA or a small city would look like.

Des Moines, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Omaha... even Milwaukee or Indy's looks better.
The buildings are very drab, earth-toneish looking also.

But to re-iterate it's looks fine and dense from street level and that's what counts. I guess.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2006, 4:07 AM

Milwaukee and INdy are no better same for other simillar size Orlando,Sacramento or even larger metro's like Phoenix.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2006, 5:27 AM
Closed account

If you're actually there looking at the skyline and buildings, it's pretty nice because there are such ornate old buildings, some quite tall. I have to wonder if the critic has ever actually been there (seems to have an ax to grind for some reason).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos