HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 12:43 PM

Oklahoma City. I would like to see the metro in the 4 million range. Unlikely to happen soon, however.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2016, 2:43 AM
Downtowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJXN View Post
I want to see Riverside, California become THE city of the Inland Empire.

Cheers that!

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 5:00 PM

Billings MT, It would be nice to have a large metro in the northern mountain west between Seattle and Chicago. Sorry Spokane your not central enough between the two

Old Posted Oct 4, 2016, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFRENCH View Post
Billings MT, It would be nice to have a large metro in the northern mountain west between Seattle and Chicago. Sorry Spokane your not central enough between the two
You'll probably get your wish, Billings is seeing massive growth. the city itself has increased by 6% in the last 5 years. and its metro is rapidly reaching 200k.

In general the mountain west cities are all the current "boom" towns and areas of rapid growth. Reno, Boise, Spokane, Denver, Phoenix, LAs Vegas, Salt Lake.

I see no reason to think this will slow down, the West coast was the former boom reign of the last century but now it is full and expensive. I think the interior is the next area to really develop.

It is near Oil reserves and on some major highways, I wouldn't be surprised to see it really take off in coming decades.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
You'll probably get your wish, Billings is seeing massive growth. the city itself has increased by 6% in the last 5 years. and its metro is rapidly reaching 200k.

In general the mountain west cities are all the current "boom" towns and areas of rapid growth. Reno, Boise, Spokane, Denver, Phoenix, LAs Vegas, Salt Lake.

I see no reason to think this will slow down, the West coast was the former boom reign of the last century but now it is full and expensive. I think the interior is the next area to really develop.

It is near Oil reserves and on some major highways, I wouldn't be surprised to see it really take off in coming decades.
I absolutely agree with this. Especially being a native of Boise. It has been remarkable being able to see first-hand the growth of this city over my years. This is a completely "different" city my daughter is growing up in than the one I did.......if that makes sense. It has been fun to watch but, like everything, it has definitely come with a price.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 5:49 AM

I feel like Tucson has the right geographic location, population, and geographic features to accent a greater urban area. However, I don't see any new tower growth any time soon which is unfortunate. But just imagine if this city became a mini financial capital. There's plenty of open space but also plenty of developed space.

Downtown Tucson and Southside Tucson by Andrew Pine, on Flickr

Downtown Tucson and Southside Tucson by Andrew Pine, on Flickr

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States