HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #201  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 11:39 PM
rlw777 rlw777 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
360 N Annex (Sunday)



I'm a little surprised how transparent that glass is. Think they'd maybe glaze/tint it after installing it?
Wow looks better than I expected. I don't think it needs any glaze/tint it's the only source of natural light and it's facing North West. This picture might be showing close to the most direct light it will get all year
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #202  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 12:34 AM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 7,973
360 Aug 21





__________________
Harry C --- Chicago rep for SkyRise Cities ---- My Flickr stream HRC_OakPark
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. B Franklin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #203  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 12:48 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,709
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...-be-far-behind

Quote:
August 26, 2015
After sale of site off Mag Mile, could high-rise proposal be far behind?
By Alby Gallun



A new developer is poised to take a swing at a high-rise project just off the Magnificent Mile after another one with a plan to build a 45-story hotel tower on the site struck out last year.

A venture including Chicago-based developer Golub paid $22 million last month for the property at 740 N. Rush St., currently home to a Giordano's pizza parlor, according to Cook County property records. Golub has owned and developed office and residential buildings in downtown Chicago, with one apartment tower under construction in Streeterville and another one under way in the South Loop.

It's unclear what Golub has in mind at 740 N. Rush—company executives didn't return calls—but don't expect it to look like a development plan for the property that Ald. Brendan Reilly (42nd) shot down last year. A joint venture between River North landlord Albert Friedman and Merrillville, Ind.-based White Lodging Services proposed a 620-room hotel development there that would have included two hotels, a Hyatt Place and a Hyatt House, but Reilly opposed the plan, saying it would have generated too much traffic in an already congested neighborhood.

Reilly did not return a call.
__________________
titanic1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #204  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 3:55 PM
wierdaaron's Avatar
wierdaaron wierdaaron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,002
Deja vu. Will they follow the proper aldermanic courtship ritual this time?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #205  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 4:09 PM
munchymunch's Avatar
munchymunch munchymunch is offline
MPLSXCHI
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 1,005
Has anybody heard anything on the wabash lot?
__________________
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." -Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #206  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 4:13 PM
i_am_hydrogen i_am_hydrogen is offline
tilted & shifted
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
Deja vu. Will they follow the proper aldermanic courtship ritual this time?
I read that Reilly is mulling over a run for US Congress. Perhaps we won't have to endure his antics for too much longer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #207  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 4:17 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,718
^ Careful does it.....


The devil you know/the devil you don't


and all.........
__________________
Post-Modern is Post-Mortem - Deal with it
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #208  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 4:59 PM
Jibba's Avatar
Jibba Jibba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G View Post
I think word on the street was that it's rectilinear. Once bitten, twice shy I guess.
More like twice bitten.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #209  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 5:16 PM
sentinel's Avatar
sentinel sentinel is offline
Plenary pleasures.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
I read that Reilly is mulling over a run for US Congress. Perhaps we won't have to endure his antics for too much longer.

Oh no..
__________________
Don't be shy. Step into the light.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #210  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 6:19 PM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
Deja vu. Will they follow the proper aldermanic courtship ritual this time?
First the developer must present and entice the alderman with its spermatophylax, offering promises of both fertilization and continued campaign nutrition. If the alderman is displeased with the size of the offering it immediately seizes the head of its mate in it's jaws crushing it and consuming the body.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #211  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 6:24 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
Deja vu. Will they follow the proper aldermanic courtship ritual this time?
The developers did last time. They don't just set up a neighborhood meeting. The go to the alderman first with their proposal. It was killed because the NIMBYs screamed about the lack of parking that the project had.
__________________
titanic1
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #212  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 6:35 PM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,352
McCormick Place Speedbump

Heard some interesting news on the McHugh project the other day:



Apparently the data center that was signed on to this project dropped out of the deal less than a week before it was due to close. One source I know says it's back to the drawing board for the whole project. Another source says the hotel portion is still moving forward while the data center site searches for a new tenant.

Interesting none-the-less.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #213  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 6:39 PM
ithakas's Avatar
ithakas ithakas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Apparently the data center that was signed on to this project dropped out of the deal less than a week before it was due to close. One source I know says it's back to the drawing board for the whole project. Another source says the hotel portion is still moving forward while the data center site searches for a new tenant.

Interesting none-the-less.
Too bad about the setback, but selfishly pleased for the extra time to save up for my down payment on a Motor Row loft before it gets out of my price range.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #214  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 6:58 PM
sentinel's Avatar
sentinel sentinel is offline
Plenary pleasures.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisvanderwright View Post
first the developer must present and entice the alderman with its spermatophylax, offering promises of both fertilization and continued campaign nutrition. If the alderman is displeased with the size of the offering it immediately seizes the head of its mate in it's jaws crushing it and consuming the body.
rofl
__________________
Don't be shy. Step into the light.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #215  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 7:27 PM
LouisVanDerWright LouisVanDerWright is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
Too bad about the setback, but selfishly pleased for the extra time to save up for my down payment on a Motor Row loft before it gets out of my price range.
The entirety of motor row south of Cermak is zoned DS which means no residential allowed because we need "downtown services", like the salons, gyms, and vacant space. The only reason I give DS zoning a pass on Motor Row is that nearly all of the buildings are built on incredibly deep lots and go lot line to lot line. Not exactly ideal for residential conversion, but could make excellent night clubs or entertainment spaces if only there was enough residential density to demand that.

There are a handful of existing buildings that were converted to residential before the zoning change, so if you are looking to buy, those are the only shots you will get.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #216  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 8:21 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,718
McHugh Project

Interesting news on that.

I'm hoping LVDW's second-mentioned source is the one truly 'in the know' on this one......would be nice to get that one rolling concurrent with Marriott Marquis and arena........figure out the data center piece later, I say (or better yet, switch that to a residential building.....
__________________
Post-Modern is Post-Mortem - Deal with it
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #217  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 8:27 PM
ithakas's Avatar
ithakas ithakas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
The entirety of motor row south of Cermak is zoned DS which means no residential allowed because we need "downtown services", like the salons, gyms, and vacant space. The only reason I give DS zoning a pass on Motor Row is that nearly all of the buildings are built on incredibly deep lots and go lot line to lot line. Not exactly ideal for residential conversion, but could make excellent night clubs or entertainment spaces if only there was enough residential density to demand that.

There are a handful of existing buildings that were converted to residential before the zoning change, so if you are looking to buy, those are the only shots you will get.
Yeah, the handful of loft buildings that already exist is where I've been looking. I think that stretch has the potential to become Printers Row-like in the coming years. My parents bought into Printers Row in the mid-80s and it felt similar in a lot of ways.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #218  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 8:49 PM
Ned.B Ned.B is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Heard some interesting news on the McHugh project the other day:
Apparently the data center that was signed on to this project dropped out of the deal less than a week before it was due to close. One source I know says it's back to the drawing board for the whole project. Another source says the hotel portion is still moving forward while the data center site searches for a new tenant.

Interesting none-the-less.
I have been peripherally involved in the McCormick projects, but my understanding was that the data center behind the ABC building was on hold indefinitely, as the north face of the ABC building is now being designed/treated for long term visibility.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #219  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 8:54 PM
wierdaaron's Avatar
wierdaaron wierdaaron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,002
Man, I just saw Antunovich today at the British School ribbon cutting. I could have asked him about the hotel project thing.

I hope the data center client dropping out doesn't kill the whole thing. They're probably shopping it around to other providers in the area. "Pre-designed data warehouse facility! Just sign and pay!"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #220  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2015, 8:55 PM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 7,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned.B View Post
I have been peripherally involved in the McCormick projects, but my understanding was that the data center behind the ABC building was on hold indefinitely, as the north face of the ABC building is now being designed/treated for long term visibility.
Must remove all traces of character.
Jan 10


July 19
__________________
Harry C --- Chicago rep for SkyRise Cities ---- My Flickr stream HRC_OakPark
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. B Franklin.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:46 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.