HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHrenetic View Post
Good Day.

just a side-bar to our construction.....
Alstom, Metrolinx, and Brampton, have announced the assembly plant for constructing virtually the exact same LRVs for the Hurontario and Finch lines
- 61 LRVs between 2019 and 2022, at 4 per month (their numbers). I think maybe they might know whereof they speak.

https://www.bramptonguardian.com/new...o-lrt-project/

EnJoy!
Good Day.

oh - wow - at least we don't have this ongoing disaster as a problem :

http://www.570news.com/2018/04/13/io...back-december/

NoJoy for ION ! fully constructed, all ready, no go !

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Good Day.

Keith Egli has put up the FEDCO LRT updates (NB: Thank You, Sir.) :

Index page : http://keithegli.ca/ottawas-light-rail-transit-updates/

February (14 pg.): http://keithegli.ca/wp-content/uploa...DCO-update.pdf

March (52 pg.): http://keithegli.ca/wp-content/uploa...DCO-update.pdf

April (39 pg.): http://keithegli.ca/wp-content/uploa...EN_.FINAL_.pdf

and a Stage 2 procurement update (I will cross-post) (2 pg.):
http://keithegli.ca/wp-content/uploa...ent-Update.pdf

EnJoy!
Yes, big thanks to Councillor Egli!

How OC Transpo and the City didn't think the taxpayers might want to have a look at these updates is beyond me.

Quote:
Good Day.

oh - wow - at least we don't have this ongoing disaster as a problem :

http://www.570news.com/2018/04/13/io...back-december/

NoJoy for ION ! fully constructed, all ready, no go !
Bombardier is an embarrassment to this country. They complain they don't have enough work, they constantly have their hands out asking money from the taxpayers (Feds and Québec oblige of course) yet they can't build a few simple train sets within a reasonable time period.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post

How OC Transpo and the City didn't think the taxpayers might want to have a look at these updates is beyond me.

Bombardier is an embarrassment to this country. They complain they don't have enough work, they constantly have their hands out asking money from the taxpayers (Feds and Québec oblige of course) yet they can't build a few simple train sets within a reasonable time period.
The problem really is that they are in certain fields that they cannot compete in. Particularly the aerospace field.

They first started out as a snow machine company. They sold that off, and now are a train/plane company.....

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 5:33 PM

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 5:41 PM

Quote:

Good Day.

yup. I never have found the mid-December John Marconi update to Council posted (it was in the midst of the RSA blow-up).
(It was in a ScribeD format in the papers, but that is uncopyable or unreferenceable short of screen-grabs.)
That formed the initial format for these monthly updates at the command of Council.

Discouraged me greatly to not find it.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 5:42 PM

Quote:
I found pp. 32-35 about Revenue Service Availability (RSA) Timelines interesting:

Quote:
RSA Date Timelines
  • December 2016 - RTG Works Schedule shows RSA on May 24, 2018;
  • December 2016 to May 2017 - RTG continues to issue Works Schedule updates showing RSA on May 24, 2018;
  • December 2016 to May 2017 – the City closely monitors schedule and advises RTG of activities showing a month over month slippage;
  • May 2017 - the City commissions an Independent Assessment Team to undertake a joint review of the schedule without the benefit of the detailed schedule that met the City’s requirements and as requested of RTG to assess the probability of a successful May 24, 2018 RSA date;
  • May 2017 – the City advises RTG that there is a high probability that the RSA date could occur in Q4 2018;
  • May 2017 - RTG did not agree and the PA did not oblige them to change the Works Schedule;
  • May 2017 – Aug 2017 – RTG continues to issue Works Schedule updates showing RSA on May 24, 2018;
  • August 2017 – the City issues the first “Failure to Maintain Schedule Notice” indicating that the May 24, 2018 RSA Date was at risk and requested a “recovery plan”;
  • October 2017 – RTG issues Delay Event Notices for ceiling material and ‘Fare Control’;
  • October 2017 – the City rejects the Delay Event Notices;
  • October 2017 – a follow-up schedule review with the Independent Assessment Team again indicates that the May 24 RSA date is not achievable;
  • November 24, 2017 - RTG submitted the 180 day notice confirming that they would achieve the May 24 RSA date as such date may be amended due to Delay Events and Variations:
  • November 2017 – The City immediately rejects the notice as ambiguous and requests RTG to provide either an unconditional notice that May 24, 2018 will be achieved or provide a new RSA date;
  • December 2017 - RTG submits a revised Works Schedule indicating a RSA date of August 14, 2018;
  • December 2017 – The City rejects the latest Works Schedule and schedules RTG to attend another joint schedule review with the Independent Assessment Team in January 2018;
  • January 2018 – This is the first time RTG provides the detailed schedule meeting the City’s requirements and as requested by the City. This enables a joint schedule review to be undertaken and RTG is informed of the assessment conclusion that there is a low probability of achieving an August 14, 2018 RSA date and that a date in Q4 2018 is more achievable;
  • February 5, 2018 - the City receives a new Works Schedule from RTG indicating a new RSA date of November 2, 2018 subject to the resolution of contractual matters; and,
  • February / March 2018 – negotiations with RTG are ongoing.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 613Steve View Post
Here is a copy of the tweet:

Quote:
Jim Watson
@JimWatsonOttawa

Exciting news: an LRT train has been moved through the O-Train #ConfederationLine tunnel to Tunney’s Pasture Station. We will be running systems tests to make sure every detail is in working order. Keep an eye out! #ready4rail #ottLRT

10:28 AM - 14 Apr 2018 from Ottawa, Ontario

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
I found pp. 32-35 about Revenue Service Availability (RSA) Timelines interesting:
Good Day.

yup..... lots of back-and-forth legalistics within which the cost of the lawyers will add up to more than the millions under question.....but it's the point of the thing - to establish precedent.

I found the RTG proposed RSA of 2018.Aug.14 interesting - right on my estimate of 2-3 months total delay. Re-emphasis on the original tight RSA of May 7/24, the probable equally tight Aug.14 deadline, and the loose new deadline of Nov.2 (which RTG will quietly be 'encouraged' to beat - in time for the election !).

Such FUN !

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 6:41 PM

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 7:08 PM

Needs more fanfare:

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
Needs more fanfare:

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 11:43 PM

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Looks sick

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 2:49 AM

As far as anyone can tell, has converting the Transitways to LRT been worth it? Or, is it more of a way of securing a ROW?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer_spe View Post
As far as anyone can tell, has converting the Transitways to LRT been worth it? Or, is it more of a way of securing a ROW?
Given that the trains aren't in operation yet, I don't know how anyone can answer that question. We can have the same speculative debates we have been having for the past 5 (or more) years, but we won't know anything until people are using it on a daily basis.

Last edited by roger1818; Apr 15, 2018 at 4:23 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1818 View Post
Given that the trains aren't in operation yet, I don't know how anyone can answer that question. We can have the same speculative debates we have been having for the past 5 (or more) years, but we won't know anything until people are using it on a daily basis.
Even stage 1 wont solve all the problems, I'm guessing the real improvements will be noticed more when stage 2 is complete.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtrainUser View Post
Even stage 1 wont solve all the problems, I'm guessing the real improvements will be noticed more when stage 2 is complete.
I partially agree. The big thing I expect to see after stage 1 is an improvement in reliability of the transitway routes. Not having them get stuck in downtown traffic should allow the connexion and rapid buses that connect to the LRT to be more reliable than they are travelling through downtown. Extending further into the suburbs will help improve this reliability. Of course only time will tell if this actually happens.

Last edited by roger1818; Apr 15, 2018 at 10:22 PM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
Needs more fanfare:

The train spent Sunday resting below the RH Coates building under watch of a rentacop parked beside the Scott St MUP.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 1:49 PM

Quote:
The lack of openness on the part of the City of Ottawa has always been a problem, but I swear it's gotten worse under Watson. The entire apparatus of municipal government has retreated into a shell of paranoia and secrecy. You can't get a straight, factual, bullshit-free answer about anything by going through official channels. It would be embarassing if it weren't so disgusting.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
The train spent Sunday resting below the RH Coates building under watch of a rentacop parked beside the Scott St MUP.
Strange they would let it just sit out in the open during a forecasted ice storm. It is one thing to run them in a storm as normal operation will help prevent ice build up on moving parts, but a whole other thing to let it just sit there, unless it is some sort of environmental test they are performing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation