HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 11:18 PM

2/10/2012 Update:

Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 11:58 PM

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 10:43 PM

April 2012 Update:
The streets around the building are getting torn up in order to reaign N.Bartlett Street and add two new Park blocks.

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 8:44 PM

May 17th Update. Detail work is contining on the exterior of the building. Along with street realignments to make way for the two new city urban park blocks that are also part of the new "Commons District" in this part of Downtown.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2012, 6:47 PM

08/03/2012 Update

The first of the two park blocks are being built on the left side of the picture.
The Lithia Building will open up to by the end of the month.

The link to the PDF of the park block designs: http://thecommonsdowntown.com/LinkCl...4%3d&tabid=981

www.thecommonsdowntown.com

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 8:45 PM

That turned out looking better than I expected from the construction photos. Thanks for the updates.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2012, 11:44 PM

I don't get over to this part of Medford very often, but here is a recent progress pic of the Peoples Bank Headquarters Building.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 5:28 AM

More corporate footprints in downtown medford

Pacific retirement services to collaborate with rouge disposal and other companies to build a four story office complex around the evergreen parking garage

Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 10:59 PM

I'm hoping they go out on a limb and try a bit more of a modern style design for this project then the previous plans were.

The companies involved would be: Procare, Rogue Disposal & Recyling, and Pacific Retirement Services.

By the way here is a news story (via @KTVL) about this project.
http://ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stor...44.shtml?wap=0

Last edited by NickName; Oct 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: fix error

Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 4:56 PM

JCHC Project

Jackson County Health Center.

County officials have purchased the old Federal Building and attached former USPS building in downtown Medford in order to centralize the counties health service departments.

Here are the plans, the existing four story building and attached single story large warehouse will be remodeled, while the rest will be new construction.

Interior work on the project has already began.
Images provided by ORW Architecture.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 7:06 AM

does any one know where to find or if there is any renderings of the future buildings for the commons area? or any plans for some?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 10:00 PM

I believe that The Commons were created as a PUD and that means that individual plots of land were zoned specifically for certain purposes. I know they zoned for a mid rise hotel/convention center along with a larger regional bank hq/office building and a parking structure as well. However architecturally, plans aren’t formatted until a client has signed a contract to buy/lease the land and then they have a guideline of building details to go by. But usually the business has quite a range to design a building as long as it passes Medford SPAC. There was one design that used to former Lithia Jeep showroom as a local brewery, but I think that was just to show options.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2012, 6:09 AM

I could have sworn that i saw plans for hotels and more offices a while ago, not detailed but just an above arial shot. But i guess not.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 5:54 PM

One West Main | 120k sq ft | 4 Floors

This building will surround the allready completed 4-story Evergreen garage. Planned to house the corporate headquarter offices of Rogue Disposal, Procare, and Pacific Retirement Services. Top three-stories will be offices, ground floor will be retail. Building Size approx 120,000 sq ft.

Last edited by NickName; Apr 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM. Reason: Added pics

Old Posted Apr 13, 2013, 6:27 PM

JCHC | 80k sq ft | 2-6 stories

Proposed 80,000 sq foot Jackson County Health Center in downtown Medford. Building would have the available option to add more floors as the need arises. Project will also include a six-story parking structure. Construction has began with the demolition of a current 4-story building and attateched single story warehouse.

I hope to get more detailed pics of the garage, because it looks hideous so far IMO.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 9:56 PM

Demolition of the former Federal Building & Post Office has began. The building is over 30 years old, kinda eerie seeing it in this form.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 7:51 PM

With the groundbreaking ceremony complete, fencing is going up around the www.ONEWESTMAIN.com building site. Equipement will be moved into place early next week. Officials hope to be topped out by December, with interior work eventually finishing up for a Summer 2014 opening.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2013, 7:54 PM

With the demo of the former four-story Federal Building complete, site work is ongoing to get ready for the first major materials delivery by the end of July. Construction of the six-story garage (towards the rear of the picture) will begin first while the Health Building will be towrds the front (sidewalk on 8th)

Old Posted Jul 18, 2013, 11:52 AM

Is there a specific reason that nothing seems to go over four or five stories there? Do they just not have the right fire trucks to serve anything taller or something really obvious like that?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2013, 4:59 PM

Medford does have a few higher midrises (6-11 stories) and a couple of the larger ladder trucks; I think the reason behind the smaller mid-rises are simply economics. With only 210,000 people in the area, there really isn’t a huge demand for urbanization yet. I hope they do go more vertical over time. The Lithia Building was originally going to be 10 stories but that was before the company went through the "great recession"... so they ended up only building a four story headquarters.
The city has focused more on in-fill in the last few years, along with these projects downtown; I hope to see larger projects in the future.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon