HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taboubak View Post
Hopefully the design is going to be taller and thinner. I was at that park yesterday and there really isn't a ton of space to work with so you would think they need to go high. It will be interesting to see if we can top 400' again as Salt Lake desperately needs a new tallest building. I'm excited to see some construction get started, and I'm hoping some of the projects happen. Anyone have any news onthe other projects? Regent St Hotel, Cowboy Properties, Held Properties, and Convention Center Hotel? If everything is completed it will greatly expand our skyline in all directions.
It’s not a large park but if you compare the lot with the tower of 111 on google maps, tower 8 does have the potential to be wall like if they use the entire lot. I’m not sure what the set backs would be though

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
I can confirm that PRI is moving forward with an office building at the existing park area west of Harmon's.
What he said.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
This must have been one of the proposals submitted to the RDA because it is where Alinea is under construction.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
micro villas
http://www.micro.villas/villanueva/k...7fy3o6ty3gj0ay

A thirty-unit, one-bedroom rental community near downtown Salt Lake City. VillaNueva is a living laboratory in deep ecology, with roots in the cohousing, sustainability, minimalist, and tiny house movements. Plans for occupancy Summer 2018 are delayed as negotiations for a contractor continue.

The intent of the project is to leverage the transit-oriented location with naturally affordable building practices, to achieve rents that are below average for new construction in the area.

I'm glad this project is still alive, I met the architect for this in 2016 and hadn't seen much since then.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:46 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Whatever was originally going to happen with the Arrow Press Square site and the property along 100 south is off the table. They are now looking for tenements to fill the old Naked Fish location and BTG/Cafe Molese once they move out. For those who wanted to save the buildings on 100 S I guess this is a good thing, for now... but on the flip side APS probably won’t see development any time in the near future.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:46 PM

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
Whatever was originally going to happen with the Arrow Press Square site and the property along 100 south is off the table. They are now looking for tenements to fill the old Naked Fish location and BTG/Cafe Molese once they move out. For those who wanted to save the buildings on 100 S I guess this is a good thing, for now... but on the flip side APS probably won’t see development any time in the near future.
Aren't the APS site and 100 South properties the presumed front runner site for the CCH? Does this mean CCH negotiations have fallen through?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 8:55 PM

My understanding is that the signs are there to gather interest for future retail and restaurant establishments as part of the CCH developments.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
What he said.
I'm sure you already know this, but as soon as you have any information you can share about potential design/height/tenants, we would love to hear it!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:52 AM

More equipment at Boyer site.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:24 AM

It looks like Trolley Square is going to have a major remodel including a movie theater, a rock climbing gym, and a food hall/beer garden.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/business...d-a-beer-hall/

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:24 AM

Plus a mention in the article regarding the upcoming planned apartments that are just south of Trolley Square.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
I'm sure you already know this, but as soon as you have any information you can share about potential design/height/tenants, we would love to hear it!
I just know that it is happening and that the PRI was waiting to see what Boyer was going to do with 151 before moving forward with Tower 8. But I'll see what more info I can find.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
My understanding is that the signs are there to gather interest for future retail and restaurant establishments as part of the CCH developments.
How solid is this info you have? Ajiuos post was concerning

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
How solid is this info you have? Ajiuos post was concerning
Just overhearing. The plan is that they are gauging interest but at the same time they are planning for a worst case scenario.

Additionally, since the City changed some ordinances, they can't apply for demolition permits and then use the space for parking. They also can't let it go to too much disrepair nor make it look abandoned. So the lease signs are fall backs that help protect the image of the City being so close to the convention center.

Seeing an empty store front is bad but seeing an empty store front that has lease information nearby isn't as bad to visitors as it looks like a transition.

At this time, I am not worried about it. I hope that we have good news soon. I think Mid May is the deadline for information. Until then, we are in a wait and see mode that can be nerve wracking.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:57 AM

I'm excited about the momentum gym at trolley square. I have a momentum pass and would love a gym a little bit closer than Millcreek. I wonder if they are including rope-climbing-height walls or just bouldering walls?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:28 AM

A food Hall in trolley square would be very nice, I always enjoy Dean & Deluca or Eataly when I'm in the east coast.

Last edited by gusam26; Apr 17, 2018 at 3:39 AM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:36 AM

That Trolley Square redesign sounds great! I could take or leave the climbing wall personally, but I understand that it's a huge draw in Utah. It sounds like they understand how to draw people in...these are the kinds of things retail developments need nowadays.

Hopefully the movie theater ends up being a Cinemark and not a Megaplex...or really anything but a Megaplex.

Now, what will it take for downtown to get a bowling alley? Does nobody care about bowling anymore?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
That Trolley Square redesign sounds great! I could take or leave the climbing wall personally, but I understand that it's a huge draw in Utah. It sounds like they understand how to draw people in...these are the kinds of things retail developments need nowadays.

Hopefully the movie theater ends up being a Cinemark and not a Megaplex...or really anything but a Megaplex.

Now, what will it take for downtown to get a bowling alley? Does nobody care about bowling anymore?
Frankly bowling is waning in popularity. More alleys are closing than opening. The ones that are opening/surviving are ones that provide something more like a club feel with bowling attached to it. At least that's what I have noticed.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusam26 View Post
I think this one is definitely moving forward. I've always thought that the demand for urban highrise apartments was there. I think this is a good move for Boyer. I wish the design was better. It's interesting that they are working with Smallwood Stewart and Reynolds out of Atlanta rather than a firm from the west coast or even local.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West