HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Oh yes. At 19 stories, I'm hoping this one goes up nice and quick and is topped out in just a handful of months.
Is it a steel or concrete structure? Do you happen to know?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
Is it a steel or concrete structure? Do you happen to know?
Not entirely sure, but I read that one of the other buildings in this development would be both steel and concrete so who knows..

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Oh yes. At 19 stories, I'm hoping this one goes up nice and quick and is topped out in just a handful of months.
Considering how quickly buildings like 210 N Carpenter went up, I wouldn't be surprised if this is similar.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Not entirely sure, but I read that one of the other buildings in this development would be both steel and concrete so who knows..
Thanks, and yeah concrete parking garage and steel structure on top of that isn't uncommon

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:58 AM

When is K2 getting it's brother? Have we even seen a proposal yet?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:02 PM

The West Loop continues its new construction building permit mini-tear with a few new ones:

1) 105 N May St (Washington & May): 19 story Hyatt hotel with retail. Right near the new McDonald's HQ on a parking lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...!4d-87.6552389

I think there's newer renderings than this, but anyway for a refresher:
https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/7/19...-bay-mcdonalds

2) 205 S Peoria (Peoria & Adams - SE corner I think). 19 stories and 273 apartment units.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S+...!4d-87.6496233

Again, I'm sure there's updated renderings:
https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/4/12...t-adams-peoria

Also, 180 N Ada St received a permit for the rest of the building..

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:13 PM
The City

Looks like we will lose a nice historic building for the Peoria and Adams development.

Quick question: how accessible is the West Loop the Blue Line riders from the northwest side? Do they need to make any transfers?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Looks like we will lose a nice historic building for the Peoria and Adams development.

Quick question: how accessible is the West Loop the Blue Line riders from the northwest side? Do they need to make any transfers?
You can walk from the Grand Blue Line Station, or go through the loop to Clinton Blue Line Station, or get off a Clark & Lake and transfer to the Green Line. These are the ways I have done it.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:52 PM

Snapped this picture today at 8 am, waiting for the bus. Does anyone know what this is? I can't be 100% sure of its exact location, but it's either on Michigan ave, just north of 9th street and south of the Jet building, OR it's on the parking lot on the NE corner of 9th/Wabash.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebs View Post
Snapped this picture today at 8 am, waiting for the bus. Does anyone know what this is? I can't be 100% sure of its exact location, but it's either on Michigan ave, just north of 9th street and south of the Jet building, OR it's on the parking lot on the NE corner of 9th/Wabash.
Potentially answering my own question, but it might be the apartment conversion of the Johnson Publishing building.

https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/11/2...ent-conversion

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah the only way to do it without a transfer is to get off at Grand and hike. Only the extreme NE corner of the West Loop is truly accessible that way. But I guess that's why we have Divvy and transfers. This is also why the Pink Line is going to blow up. Pilsen is only one or two stops from the West Loop. California in Little Village is three stops in Pilsen and one stop in the IMD away. Meanwhile Clark and Lake is 3 stops from Divsion in Wicker, and California is 6 stops out, Logan 7. The SW side is a lot closer to downtown than people realize. Also the Pink Line isn't standing room only for 2 peak hours in the morning and evening.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Also the Pink Line isn't standing room only for 2 peak hours in the morning and evening.
it will be unless they add a few more cars to the train!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near North Resident View Post
it will be unless they add a few more cars to the train!
We could only hope. The Pink line is very underutilized. It's average weekday ridership per station is 1349.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:29 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
The West Loop continues its new construction building permit mini-tear with a few new ones:

1) 105 N May St (Washington & May): 19 story Hyatt hotel with retail. Right near the new McDonald's HQ on a parking lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...!4d-87.6552389

I think there's newer renderings than this, but anyway for a refresher:
https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/7/19...-bay-mcdonalds

2) 205 S Peoria (Peoria & Adams - SE corner I think). 19 stories and 273 apartment units.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S+...!4d-87.6496233

Again, I'm sure there's updated renderings:
https://chicago.curbed.com/2017/4/12...t-adams-peoria

Also, 180 N Ada St received a permit for the rest of the building..
Jesus, two new 19 story buildings for the West Loop. Just when you think that the boom in that neighborhood has peaked...

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'd be prepared to see more of this as the empty/developable/parking lots begin to dry up. I hope the city has put a system in place to retain as much of the historic building stock as possible, and keep a repeat of River North from happening here.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
Jesus, two new 19 story buildings for the West Loop. Just when you think that the boom in that neighborhood has peaked...
3 actually because 333 N. Green was issued a permit late last week. Also, one of the Union West towers which I believe is 15 stories was issued a permit late last week too. That's 4 new 15-19 story buildings issued construction permits in less than a week in WL alone.

Great to see.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:49 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
We could only hope. The Pink line is very underutilized. It's average weekday ridership per station is 1349.
Wow, that's surprisingly low considering the relative density of the neighborhoods the Pink line traverses, plus the IMD which is a huge employer.

I would imagine that as east Pilsen begins to further gentrify and more people who work downtown begin to move to the area, that number should begin to grow?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:50 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
3 actually because 333 N. Green was issued a permit late last week. Also, one of the Union West towers which I believe is 15 stories was issued a permit late last week too. That's 4 new 15-19 story buildings issued construction permits in less than a week in WL alone.

Great to see.
Damn straight it's great to see. Keep 'em coming

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
Wow, that's surprisingly low considering the relative density of the neighborhoods the Pink line traverses, plus the IMD which is a huge employer.

I would imagine that as east Pilsen begins to further gentrify and more people who work downtown begin to move to the area, that number should begin to grow?
Yeah, I was shocked when I looked at the numbers. Only Polk has somewhat significant ridership at 2800 average weekday.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:09 PM

Okay, so, now that we have the Tribune addition site info released...

can we please please PLEASE have someone work on a page 1 update?

Honestly, it doesn't even have One Chicago Square and Site I. And hasn't there been a refined rendering of WPS? And there's gotta be a bunch more I'm not mentioning. Pg 1 is in desperate need of love.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:11 PM

Anyone have any news on 201 N. Clark (Garvey Court)?

I walk by that hulk every day. The Subway shop finally closed in that building.

Last I heard, the creditors were going to get it auctioned off.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations