HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 21, 2018, 11:14 PM

The Pinky detour is now in place and operations. Some confusing signage and lack of signage will make this interesting for a few days. But truckers rejoice!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
The Pinky detour is now in place and operations. Some confusing signage and lack of signage will make this interesting for a few days. But truckers rejoice!
It's been a couple of days. Any issues?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:11 PM

I have seen a few astray trucks and few people making u-turns, but overall it appears to be working nicely. I am sure the truckers are very glad they can get directly into the hub and no longer deal with stopping for trains on Pinky.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:22 PM

So when I head west out of Regina I've been going out on Dewdney to the Grand Coulee road and then heading south to the TCH. Does any of what's happened in the last week change this? How about coming back into the city? I've also been using the Grand Coulee/Dewdney Route for that.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
So when I head west out of Regina I've been going out on Dewdney to the Grand Coulee road and then heading south to the TCH. Does any of what's happened in the last week change this? How about coming back into the city? I've also been using the Grand Coulee/Dewdney Route for that.
No changes to that route for now. Other than a significant increase in RCMP presence. Stick to the 80kmh. At the end of August they will clos Dewdney from Pinky to the Hub and reopen Pinky and the full Hill Avenue interchange. Then it won't make sense to go to the Grand Coulee Road as you'll have to double back. And that is expected to be closed for a month or more.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:30 PM

Quote:
No changes to that route for now. Other than a significant increase in RCMP presence. Stick to the 80kmh. At the end of August they will clos Dewdney from Pinky to the Hub and reopen Pinky and the full Hill Avenue interchange. Then it won't make sense to go to the Grand Coulee Road as you'll have to double back. And that is expected to be closed for a month or more.
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick answer.

What's been happening at TCH and Pinkie? Is the eastbound detour still that really long detour that goes by the borrow pit?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick answer.

What's been happening at TCH and Pinkie? Is the eastbound detour still that really long detour that goes by the borrow pit?
Not a problem.

As for the EB to NB movement at the TCH you still get off as you did however the detour is another 500-750m further south of the interchange now. Allowing them to build the final road bed for the main movements.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Not a problem.

As for the EB to NB movement at the TCH you still get off as you did however the detour is another 500-750m further south of the interchange now. Allowing them to build the final road bed for the main movements.
I was actually thinking of the straight through eastbound on the TCH at that interchange. The detour currently or at least did go quite south of the TCH.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:43 PM

Quote:
I was actually thinking of the straight through eastbound on the TCH at that interchange. The detour currently or at least did go quite south of the TCH.
Aww the main way through on the TCH eastbound is open. However, you have to slow to around 30km to do the weave through the construction supports.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:47 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Aww the main way through on the TCH eastbound is open. However, you have to slow to around 30km to do the weave through the construction supports.
Wow going from 110 kph to 30 kph in 5 seconds?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
Wow going from 110 kph to 30 kph in 5 seconds?
Yea hold on tight, is not for the faint of heart!

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 11:28 PM

They are finally making progress paving the second set of lanes to twin #6 South. Roadway lighting is also going up around the new bridges over the bypass. The West side between #6 and Pinkie seems to having paving mostly complete along with roadway lighting and overhead signs. Currently the East side from #6 to #33 has oil on the majority of the bypass roadway.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerF View Post
They are finally making progress paving the second set of lanes to twin #6 South. Roadway lighting is also going up around the new bridges over the bypass. The West side between #6 and Pinkie seems to having paving mostly complete along with roadway lighting and overhead signs. Currently the East side from #6 to #33 has oil on the majority of the bypass roadway.
Thanks Tanner! Good to ge the soutside updates as I don't get there as much. Have they started paving highway 6? Also have they installed the overhead sign and lighting at the highway 6 interchange?

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks Tanner! Good to ge the soutside updates as I don't get there as much. Have they started paving highway 6? Also have they installed the overhead sign and lighting at the highway 6 interchange?
They started paving the new lanes of #6 this week. The lighting started going up at the number 6 interchange yesterday. There are no overhead signs on #6 yet but there are overhead signs on the bypass between the Courtney St crossing and Pinkie for traffic heading towards the Pinkie interchange from the South.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 9:06 PM

Since I think the question was asked a few pages ago, the west bypass is signed as Highway 11. South of the existing Highway 1, it will presumably change to Highway 1. If the signs on the west bypass are any indication, the old bypass will simply be “Ring Road” with no number.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
Since I think the question was asked a few pages ago, the west bypass is signed as Highway 11. South of the existing Highway 1, it will presumably change to Highway 1. If the signs on the west bypass are any indication, the old bypass will simply be “Ring Road” with no number.
I expect that'll be the case. Whether they change the signage or not is yet to be seen.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 3:05 AM

Pinky and TCH detour around south side should be back open tomorrow. For how long not sure. But hope that it can get the lanes under the new bridge open without the kink and maybe 2 lanes?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 11:18 PM

50 years ago today in the LP. Costs have risen!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Thanks for posting this! That was really interesting.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2018, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I'm pretty sure it took a lot longer than the dates quoted in the article. Didn't the northeast quadrant only open in the late 70s?

Last edited by brithgob; Aug 9, 2018 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Removed image from quote

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan