HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

SkyHouse Orlando in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Orlando Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 6:47 PM

ORLANDO | Skyhouse | 300ft~ | 23 floors

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/n...s-work-on.html

A joint venture including two Atlanta firms and an Orlando firm plans to break ground this week on a $63 million luxury high-rise apartment complex in downtown Orlando.

Atlanta-based Novare Group Holdings LLC and Batson-Cook Development Co. along with Orlando-based Palmetto Realty Advisors announced they secured financing and issued a notice to proceed on the 23-story, 320-unit apartment complex, dubbed SkyHouse, near the Orange County Courthouse.
An investor account advised by the U.S. real estate business of UBS Global Asset Management is providing construction and permanent financing for the project, said a news release. NGI Investments LLC and Batson-Cook Development Co. provided equity. Robert LaChappelle, Jonathan Rice and Paul Berry of the Atlanta office of CBRE Inc. advised on financing.

The project — on Livingston Street and Magnolia Avenue, just two blocks from Lynx Central Station and one of downtown’s planned SunRail commuter rail stops — also will include 9,000 square feet of ground-level retail, an eight-level parking garage and the venture is donating a 0.12-acre piece of the site fronting Livingston Street to the city for a pocket park.
See more details on the project in Orlando Business Journal’s May 25-31 print edition or subscribers can see the digital version here.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 6:48 PM

I thought it was 264' ?

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 7:04 PM

couple images I took today

[IMG] IMAG0718[1] by aaronh7668, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] IMAG0717[1] by aaronh7668, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I thought it was 264' ?
Sounds about right. That's why I put the "~" in there. I figure this thing will be roughly 300 give or take.

I haven't been able to find any articles stating exact height yet.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 10:54 PM
Meh

^The one in Austin is the same design minus the "aircraft hanger" roof, and it is 264 feet with 23 floors. So minus the roof the one in Orlando might be slightly shorter than that.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 11:52 PM

Oh, is this what's going up right now? I pass this site every time I drive past downtown on my way to I-4, had no idea what they were building. I've actually got to go downtown tomorrow, I'll get some pictures of this while I'm there.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dense_Electric View Post
Oh, is this what's going up right now? I pass this site every time I drive past downtown on my way to I-4, had no idea what they were building. I've actually got to go downtown tomorrow, I'll get some pictures of this while I'm there.
Maybe you can get a better look at the render than I did.

If you go a little ways up the block towards I4 there is a big render on the corner. I glanced at it as I passed and could have sworn it looked way different than the picture I posted. Looked like it had a finned roof.

I may have just seen it wrong though since I had to watch the road.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 12:45 AM
Selfie-stick vendor

So there are two or three skyhouses currently under construction around the country?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
So there are two or three skyhouses currently under construction around the country?
Appears so.

I guess the group in Atlanta is building them wherever they feel they can make a buck.

Nice filler for downtown orlando though. I wasn't blown away by their skyline since moving here, but it is quite nice none the less. Orlando could use a 600' tower to really make the skyline pop out.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 1:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
Correct, there is one in Orlando, Austin, Atlanta, Houston, & St. Louis.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 1:22 AM

is this Skyhouse building going where the old arena was??

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 1:23 AM

Also one planned for Raleigh and one just announced for Charlotte.

It's like an infestation.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2013, 4:19 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Orlando: quite possibly the least discussed large US city on SSP.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEPman View Post
Appears so.

I guess the group in Atlanta is building them wherever they feel they can make a buck.

Nice filler for downtown orlando though. I wasn't blown away by their skyline since moving here, but it is quite nice none the less. Orlando could use a 600' tower to really make the skyline pop out.
Orlando will never have a 600' footer since it's in the flight path of the Orlando Executive airport to the east of downtown and the FAA won't allow it. A 600' footer would make Orlando's skyline pop out as you say but it doesn't even have a 500 footer yet.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
Orlando will never have a 600' footer since it's in the flight path of the Orlando Executive airport to the east of downtown and the FAA won't allow it. A 600' footer would make Orlando's skyline pop out as you say but it doesn't even have a 500 footer yet.
I've heard the same which is ridiculous. The Orlando airport is a decent ways from downtown. Sometimes the faa goes a little overboard with that stuff

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 10:34 PM

^ Miami has the same problems with the FAA even though the Airport is 6 miles west of the downtown area and they are now looking to lower the heights again. As for Orlando it certainly could use more of these projects downtown but with higher heights to take advantage of the views of the surrounding lakes. The best view of the downtown skyline is from the north looking south were the local NBC affliate WESH shows it at the end of their broadcasts.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 11:03 PM
Meh

Looking at that airport, one of the runways is lined up almost perfectly with downtown. It's no wonder it's causing trouble. At 2 1/2 miles west of the end of the runway, planes have to come to within 1,500 feet of the nearest highrise on the southern end of downtown. The end of the runway is less than 2 miles east of Lake Eola.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 5:47 PM

About 5 floors to go.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 5:50 PM

Novare sure doesn't mess around.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 4:07 AM

[IMG] IMAG0115[1] by aaronh7668, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG] IMAG0114[1] by aaronh7668, on Flickr[/IMG]

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive