HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 2:04 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

The argument is petty. On both sides. And polluting the thread. All it takes is one side to fuck off and its all over.

Anyway, Carkner's play there was something you'd see in minor league hockey. Boyle was not even remotely prepared to drop the gloves. He got suckered. It was greasy. Dubinsky should have gotten an award, not kicked out.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 5:37 PM

Beautiful goal by Klein. Go Preds!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 5:55 PM

Good luck tonight Vancouver even though I have a feeling this will be your second last game of this season. Ottawa, I hope you lose tomorrow night. Sorry you're my least favorite team in the country.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid247 View Post
Don't be mad.. You're leafs will get another taste of him after golfing season

And as for Boyle, he deserved it. If he wants to play rough that's what's going to happen. Dubinsky shouldn't have been tossed though
Nice trolling. Typical Sens fan... Leafs first, Sens second.

Boyle deserved to be suckerpunched about 8 times when he wasn't ready because he pushed Karlsson a couple times?

That's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. The only difference between that and the Bertuzzi incident is the lack of a serious injury. I could easily just say Alfredsson deserved what he got then but I won't because I don't advocate unprovoked assault. Hopefully Carkner gets what he deserves and is out for the rest of the 3 games Ottawa has this season. He shouldn't even be in the league.

As for you and your 32 posts, stay classy buddy.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
Nice trolling. Typical Sens fan... Leafs first, Sens second.

Boyle deserved to be suckerpunched about 8 times when he wasn't ready because he pushed Karlsson a couple times?

That's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. The only difference between that and the Bertuzzi incident is the lack of a serious injury. I could easily just say Alfredsson deserved what he got then but I won't because I don't advocate unprovoked assault. Hopefully Carkner gets what he deserves and is out for the rest of the 3 games Ottawa has this season. He shouldn't even be in the league.

As for you and your 32 posts, stay classy buddy.
If I'm trolling then my post was no different from yours. You always have something negative to say about the sens while ignoring every other factor. That's not something a typical leafs fan would do though. Just you. You clearly target them, so who's the troll?

Boyle picked on someone half his size, so Carkner showed him 2 can play at that game. Clearly Boyle got sucker punched. There's no denying that. Carkner should be suspended and so should Hagelin. How on earth could you compare that to Bertuzzi?? Bertuzzi attacked his unsuspecting victim from behind while he was skating away. Completely different.

P.S. It's nice to see you put such great importance on number of posts. Definitely a classy move on your part.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid247 View Post
If I'm trolling then my post was no different from yours. You always have something negative to say about the sens while ignoring every other factor. That's not something a typical leafs fan would do though. Just you. You clearly target them, so who's the troll?

Boyle picked on someone half his size, so Carkner showed him 2 can play at that game. Clearly Boyle got sucker punched. There's no denying that. Carkner should be suspended and so should Hagelin. How on earth could you compare that to Bertuzzi?? Bertuzzi attacked his unsuspecting victim from behind while he was skating away. Completely different.

P.S. It's nice to see you put such great importance on number of posts. Definitely a classy move on your part.
Targeting them? That's the first thing I've said about the Senators in this thread, and I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything in the NHL thread about the Senators besides during the All Star break. I've said things about the Canucks. I just don't care about the Senators.

Boyle pushed around Karlsson, boo hoo. It's a contact sport, he can deal with it. If Carkner wants to fight Boyle about it then fine I have no problem with that, do it to his face. Carkner is a coward and knew he would get beat down as if Boyle was Colton Orr.

Bertuzzi suckerpunched someone who wasn't expecting it from behind, then jumped on him when he went down. Carkner suckerpunched Boyle when he wasn't expecting it, and jumped on him when he went down.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 7:38 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Yeah, I don't think there is any defense for Carkner's move. Bottom line is Boyle was unprepared and was not defending himself. Outside of a hockey rink, what Carkner did would qualify for assault in my opinion. Hockey is a contact sport, but a play like that shouldn't be condoned. It was pretty outrageous to watch.

I say this as a relatively unbiased observer. There's questionable plays, and then there are greasy plays. There's minimal argument in Carkner's defense for that one. No questions, only grease.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 7:44 PM

If you don't care about them why did you waste your time commenting on them? And just so you know. I was just joking around in that 1st reply to your post. My brother and a few of my friends are Leafs fans and we joke like that all the time. Disrespect was never my intention, so I'm sorry if you felt like I was trolling you.

I find that there's so much hate between hockey fans on this forum. There should be a sense of rivalry, not hatred. There are many teams in this league I dislike, but I still have respect for them. That's the way it should IMO.

As for Carkner, I agree with what he was trying to do. I just don't agree with the way he did it.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
Yeah, I don't think there is any defense for Carkner's move. Bottom line is Boyle was unprepared and was not defending himself. Outside of a hockey rink, what Carkner did would qualify for assault in my opinion. Hockey is a contact sport, but a play like that shouldn't be condoned. It was pretty outrageous to watch.

I say this as a relatively unbiased observer. There's questionable plays, and then there are greasy plays. There's minimal argument in Carkner's defense for that one. No questions, only grease.
Agreed. There's a lot of bad blood in the playoffs and this type of thing happens. Just look at Weber the other night. Let's see if Shanahan does his job.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 8:28 PM

Wow, Schenn delivers a fantastic hit and Asham cross checks him in the face, then punches him in the back of the head when he's face down on the ice... Schenn is 20 and has had concussion issues this season.

There is no defense for that, Asham should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs, and if that's only 2 games it should carry over to next season. That's dispicable.

Also, this series is awesome and should carry over into the 2nd round. But with different goalies, my God.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 8:30 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
Beautiful goal by Klein. Go Preds!
I'm glad we got out of that game with a win. Peks played like a beast today.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 8:31 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
Wow, Schenn delivers a fantastic hit and Asham cross checks him in the face, then punches him in the back of the head when he's face down on the ice... Schenn is 20 and has had concussion issues this season.

There is no defense for that, Asham should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs, and if that's only 2 games it should carry over to next season. That's dispicable.

Also, this series is awesome and should carry over into the 2nd round. But with different goalies, my God.
Asham is a punk, he knows the Pens are done though.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 8:53 PM

What a goal be Klein. I hope the preds win the series but I have a feeling it's going to come down to game 7. I'm hoping to see the blues vs preds in conference finals. That would be a great series to watch

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 9:20 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I think Asham learned that move as a member of the Flyers. Classless.

I honestly don't know why the Pens still have Fleury in net. So many softies both ways.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 9:29 PM

The Penguins are done. So much for the hype of being "the team to beat". The Flyers have way too much depth, and momentum.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 10:24 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Philly has been better in the special teams and goaltending categories. Bryzgalov's save last game could well have been the difference between 1-1 and 2-0. Fleury's blunders early in this one gave Philly the momentum that carried them through the game.

Pittsburgh really needs to find a way to start new, but forgetting losses like these against such a hated opponent will probably prove to be impossible.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 10:51 PM

I really don't think anything in the history of the entire NHL has ever lived up to the hype like this series.

Should be an amazing rivalry to watch for years.

There's been at least a dozen really pathetic goals scored this series though lol

I'm afraid the rest of the playoffs will be positively boring in comparison.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 11:36 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
I really don't think anything in the history of the entire NHL has ever lived up to the hype like this series.

Should be an amazing rivalry to watch for years.

There's been at least a dozen really pathetic goals scored this series though lol

I'm afraid the rest of the playoffs will be positively boring in comparison.
Let's calm down a little...

This series had the potential to be the best post-lockout but it won't mainly because it will end quickly.

Boy does M-A Fleury sucks... I can't believe the pathetic Pens fans arguing he's better than Price based on the fact he's won a cup.

He's been to the playoffs 6 times. Out of those 6 times, he has had a sv % above .900 only twice.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 11:40 PM

Well, usually the best playoff series aren't the hyped up ones. It always falls short of the marketing.

But this actually exceeds all expectation.

Even the SCF won't be able to top it this year.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:04 AM
Go Chiefs!

Sorry but as good as the series was, 4 extraordinary games cannot exceed the expectations (hype was for 7 games).
It's just way too short.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada