HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 6:24 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Tim Horton's was welcomed by many when it took Quebec by storm in the late 90s, after years of mediocre Dunkin' Donuts...the food at the latter was basically reheated campbells soup, but the donuts were made on site. So too were the donuts at Tim Hortons. Later, once Tim's had annihilated all competition, they shifted donut production to a centralized factory in Brantford. The quality went right down the fucking toilet. A recent trip to the states had me visiting both Krispy Kreme and Dunkin donuts to taste non-factory donuts.

Tim Whoreton's has sold its soul. They care not one whit for their donuts, which have declined in variety, and the ones remaining have become almost inedible.

The rest of the food served at tim hortons is somehow even worse. The pickup truck crowd loves its timmies so much, some of them even get married there.

I ask you: doesn't this look EXACTLY like the type of people that would get married at Tim Whoreton's?

thewhig

or these fools?

calgaryherald

keeping it classy with the Tats!

globalnews
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 6:29 PM
The Vomit Bag.

vomit
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 6:34 PM
I am a typical

Dunkin Donuts calls them Munchkins? That's hilarious!

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 6:56 PM

I use to eat the Chili at Timmy's but that has gone to shit in that last couple of years. The sandwitches are like eating cardboard with mystery meat. Donuts are garbage.
No thanks.

IMG_4438 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

This place has gone down the toilet in the past decade.
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:38 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:50 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:52 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:54 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Another Westmount Mall, this time from Edmonton. Not dead yet, It has a Smitty's House of Pancakes!!!
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Tim Horton's was welcomed by many when it took Quebec by storm in the late 90s, after years of mediocre Dunkin' Donuts...the food at the latter was basically reheated campbells soup, but the donuts were made on site. So too were the donuts at Tim Hortons. Later, once Tim's had annihilated all competition, they shifted donut production to a centralized factory in Brantford. The quality went right down the fucking toilet. A recent trip to the states had me visiting both Krispy Kreme and Dunkin donuts to taste non-factory donuts.

Tim Whoreton's has sold its soul. They care not one whit for their donuts, which have declined in variety, and the ones remaining have become almost inedible.

The rest of the food served at tim hortons is somehow even worse. The pickup truck crowd loves its timmies so much, some of them even get married there.

I ask you: doesn't this look EXACTLY like the type of people that would get married at Tim Whoreton's?

thewhig

or these fools?

calgaryherald

keeping it classy with the Tats!

globalnews
They all look like hybrid drivers to me though

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:57 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Penhorn
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 8:59 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Gotta have Saskatchewan
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 9:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Cavendish Mall, Montreal
Video Link

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Tim Hortons was virtually non existent in Toronto well into the early 2000s despite it being everywhere else domestically. There absolutely crushed the local competition when they did expand into Toronto.
I had no idea. That seems so strange to me, considering Tim Horton's started just down the QEW in Hamilton. I assume it was at least in the 905 by 2000, no?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 11:33 PM

Notice how the pillars and floor tiles in Niagara Square Mall and Westmount Shopping Centre Edmonton look similar? It seems like a single interior designer designed the interiors of those, and many others. I hate what they did to those malls, copying the same shit everywhere. The developer and interior designer that thought up this abomination need to be tar and feathered as everything they touched turned to shit.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Tim Hortons was virtually non existent in Toronto well into the early 2000s despite it being everywhere else domestically. There absolutely crushed the local competition when they did expand into Toronto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ue View Post
I had no idea. That seems so strange to me, considering Tim Horton's started just down the QEW in Hamilton. I assume it was at least in the 905 by 2000, no?
According to this, Tim Hortons was in Toronto pretty early.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2013/12/...f_tim_hortons/

Maybe it was present in Toronto just not as popular until much later.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2017, 11:45 PM

This is Edmonton's Westmount Mal in the 80s.

This is what it got downgraded to in the 90s. I bet every city has a failed mall with similar looking interiors, I know Edmonton has at least 3 malls looking like this.

Sorry for making you vomit...

Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 6:01 AM

its not as dead as some dead malls

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 5:26 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
This place has gone down the toilet in the past decade.
Video Link

“I also have a video of the Elgin mall. Please subscribe to my youtube channel and thank you for watching.”

And the guy drove to London from New York state just to see this crappy mall! A pilgrimage to see Clockzilla would make more sense.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada