HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Cathedral Hill in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 6:27 PM

Today's Progress:

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 6:42 PM

Harley613,
Do you have a job or do you just walk around Ottawa taking pictures?! Either way it's awesome & would trade you!! There should be an SSP walking tour this summer!

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 6:43 PM

I am the sales manager of a winery, most of my clients and prospects are around the downtown core, and I spend all day almost every day driving between them, so now that it's nice outside I decided I'll stop when I see a nice angle

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
I am the sales manager of a winery, most of my clients and prospects are around the downtown core, and I spend all day almost every day driving between them, so now that it's nice outside I decided I'll stop when I see a nice angle
You're doing God's work my friend. More of Lansdowne if you please!!

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 2:11 AM

Last edited by Urbanarchit; Aug 27, 2015 at 4:40 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 3:53 AM

Awesome shot. This building has more of an impact on the skyline than it's specifications would imply. It makes me wonder what a 40+ story building would look like on the escarpment down the street.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 4:18 PM

First time in over a decade have we had a building piercing through the western part of the skyline. And it's not Claridge!

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:13 PM

I like this view I got from the cycle path along the river on Monday.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 12:17 AM

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 6:37 PM
inner city

Harley! Man, you're inspiring me with all the pics you've been putting up recently. I've gotta set my mind on posting some too.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKellarDweller View Post
Harley! Man, you're inspiring me with all the pics you've been putting up recently. I've gotta set my mind on posting some too.
It's the best time of year to get out there and take them, I find! It's dry, not too hot, and the leaves are out. I look forward to seeing you put up some stuff!

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 5:06 PM

This kind of project is more along the lines of what the city needs...much more character to it than others currently going up

Old Posted Jun 6, 2014, 4:11 PM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2014, 6:07 PM

Great looking building and great shots!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 12:31 AM

My family was back in Ottawa last weekend, and we saw a lot of the progress on the go...My wife commented on how much this building made the western portion of the Skyline look a lot different, and that before too long, the city will start looking a lot different than when we lived there...

Old Posted Jun 28, 2014, 1:21 AM

Windmill has a page dedicated to the office building. Apparently it's a "commercial condo" where you buy office space within the building instead of leasing. Don't remember ever seeing that in Ottawa!

They also talk about access to the Confederation Line. I wonder if they would deal with Morguard next door to connect with Lyon Station (assuming Morguard connects, of course).

Not quite sure why they call the area "new" downtown.

They're targeting 2016 occupancy.

Quote:
Unquestionably Unique

Cathedral Hill Executive Offices from Windmill Development Group allow you to take advantage of low mortgage rates and invest in the commercial real estate market. Owning instead of leasing means your business pays your investment while you build equity.

Prominent Location

The location of the Cathedral Hill Executive Office tower is unrivaled for its prominence in the National Capital, its proximity to national institutions, convenience to local amenities, access to the LRT, and its prestigious Sparks Street address.

Architectural Highlights

To take in the remarkably wide views from the northwest such as Lebreton Flats, Sir John A MacDonald Parkway, Victoria Island, the Parliamentary and Judicial Districts, Confederation Boulevard, and the rolling hills of Gatineau Park the north elevation is designed as an elegantly and precisely detailed sweeping glass curtain wall.

Optional interconnected atria help animate the office floors, encouraging collaboration between staff.

Offering the all-important first impression, the gallery-like design of the lobby welcomes the public.

LEED Platinum Design integrates the best technologies, materials and features to create a high-performance, cost-efficient and healthy-living work environment.

Amenities such as bike racks and showers offer convenience and encourage healthy-lifestyle commuting options for workers.

Common meeting rooms and a shared boardroom on the sixth floor propose heavy timber construction design elements. These design concepts will not only provide a unique character to the space, but also ensure it will be a one-of-a-kind meeting space in Canada’s Capital.

The apex of the entire transportation infrastructure, interprovincial bridge, Sir John A MacDonald Parkway, routes to the Airport and the Queensway, the entire Ottawa bike path system, rapid bus routes and the new LRT line all converge on the doorsteps of this office building.

Located on the leading edge of Ottawa’s new downtown. Close proximity to top restaurants, hotels, banks, car rental services, lifestyle amenities, green space and recreational paths, have resulted in a desirable 98% walk score for the building.
http://www.whylease.ca/

Old Posted Jul 8, 2014, 3:25 AM

courtesy of Nadini

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 5:34 PM

Firm occupancy begins in February.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Windmill has a page dedicated to the office building. Apparently it's a "commercial condo" where you buy office space within the building instead of leasing. Don't remember ever seeing that in Ottawa!
There are a few commercial condos around.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2014, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Windmill to launch an Ottawa first with commercial condo tower

OBJ StaffPublished on October 27, 2014

Ottawa-based Windmill Developments is bringing the first Class A commercial condo tower to the city, with the launch event scheduled for next week, the company announced Monday.

The tower will be right next to Windmill’s Cathedral Hill residential condo building at Sparks and Bronson, and the company says it will provide both businesses and not-for-profits with an opportunity to build equity instead of paying rent.

“We spend a lot of time looking at best practices and imagining better ways for people to live and work,” Windmill partner Rodney Wilts said in a statement, adding the commercial condo tower is “a win-win for us and the businesses.”

Mr. Wilts said Windmill will be focusing on sustainability for the 14-storey building.

“We plan to use the best technologies and materials to not only make this building healthier for the owners and their employees, but more efficient and enduring.”

The launch event will be held Tuesday, Nov. 4 at 5 p.m. at the Rideau Club, Pearson Room.
http://www.obj.ca/Real-Estate/Non-re...-condo-tower/1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa