HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 9:15 PM

Hope that a $75M project will help revitalize Willow Grove

Quote:
Upper Moreland has worked for decades on revitalizing its downtown. Progress has been slow, but a new $75 million project across from the Willow Grove Train Station is expected to accelerate its ambitions to rejuvenate the area.

J.G. Petrucci broke ground on Station at Willow Grove, which will have 275 apartments and 25,000 square feet of retail space at Davisville Road and Route 611.
More: https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...evitalize.html

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Hope that a $75M project will help revitalize Willow Grove

More: https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...evitalize.html
'Revitalize' gives the impression that Willow Grove is on the outs. Although I realize that "Redeveloping underutilized property" surrounding a busy transit station to create a model TOD for the region (with a major mall within walking distance) is a longer sentiment to communicate in the headline...

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 12:57 AM
Future World Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELPOLO View Post
'Revitalize' gives the impression that Willow Grove is on the outs. Although I realize that "Redeveloping underutilized property" surrounding a busy transit station to create a model TOD for the region (with a major mall within walking distance) is a longer sentiment to communicate in the headline...
Lol yeah, slightly misleading headline, but a good looking project. Not really sure where it's going though, unless they're knocking down a few buildings?

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
Lol yeah, slightly misleading headline, but a good looking project. Not really sure where it's going though, unless they're knocking down a few buildings?
Yeah so from the looks of it they are going to replace these tired buildings:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1430...7i13312!8i6656

This is an awesome project, that part of 611 looks like shit. A few years back, they built a handsome strip with some trendy fast casual restaurants/bars (Grub Burger and Zoes Kitchen) down the road. This will really do wonders for the area - and it happens to be right next to the train station.

The article says they broke ground, did this completely fly under the radar? I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned before - I can't get behind the paywall to confirm.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 2:50 PM
Future World Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
Yeah so from the looks of it they are going to replace these tired buildings:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.1430...7i13312!8i6656

This is an awesome project, that part of 611 looks like shit. A few years back, they built a handsome strip with some trendy fast casual restaurants/bars (Grub Burger and Zoes Kitchen) down the road. This will really do wonders for the area - and it happens to be right next to the train station.

The article says they broke ground, did this completely fly under the radar? I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned before - I can't get behind the paywall to confirm.
Ah yeah, that makes sense - everyone was complaining about Mandarin Garden closing a few weeks ago. I guess they just did demolition. Agreed it's a good spot for more transit-oriented development, although Willow Grove isn't exactly a hotspot for people who are commuting into Center City.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Ah yeah, that makes sense - everyone was complaining about Mandarin Garden closing a few weeks ago. I guess they just did demolition. Agreed it's a good spot for more transit-oriented development, although Willow Grove isn't exactly a hotspot for people who are commuting into Center City.
I lived there a few years back and admittedly only took the train when I wanted to go into the city to have more than a few and not worry about driving. I think it's only about a 45 minute train ride right? I'm surprised more people aren't regular commuters, but you're right, the train station is tiny and there isn't much parking. Maybe this project will change that.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Yea, I live 2 blocks away and was doing work with my mom across the street from their. They should have torn down maybe 5-7 or so business' that were connected since I last saw, and destroyed the parking lot. They could be almost done fixing the ground for installation of any pipes or anything.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydenB View Post
Yea, I live 2 blocks away and was doing work with my mom across the street from their. They should have torn down maybe 5-7 or so business' that were connected since I last saw, and destroyed the parking lot. They could be almost done fixing the ground for installation of any pipes or anything.
Welcome to the forum! Would love to see some progress pics since you live so close.

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 6:52 PM

Fun Fact: MSA job growth has continued to accelerate in 2018 - https://www.bls.gov/regions/mid-atla...elphia_msa.htm

Went from 0.7% year-over-year growth in January 2018, to 1.0% in February, 1.3% in March, and now 1.4% in April. Of the 39.4k jobs added to the MSA over the last 12 months, 13.2k have been in the City of Philadelphia for a rate of 1.86%. Not bad!

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:34 PM

Buccini/Pollin Group to break ground on $30M Hilton hotel on Wilmington riverfront

Quote:
Real estate company Buccini/Pollin Group will break ground on a $30 million Hilton hotel on the Wilmington, Del., riverfront.

It's another development on a list that has officials bullish on the market: a new home for the Philadelphia 76ers' G League affiliate, a new bridge connecting the area to South Wilmington and a 2017 U.S. Supreme Court decision involving patent lawsuits.

The Wilmington-based Buccini/Pollin Group, or BPG, on Tuesday, May 29, will break ground on the 120-suite Homewood Suites Wilmington — a property at least two years in the making.

It will be a 14-month construction project, and the hotel is expected to open in September 2019. The hotel will be managed by PM Hotel Group.
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...iverfront.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations