HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 4:42 PM

I forget what was last posted about the lot at 20th and Arch (SW corner), but they were taking up the blacktop yesterday.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 5:09 PM

FYI, walked by the Hale building and it appears a restaurant will be built on the ground floor. The retail space is still u/c but the exterior is mostly complete and looks very sharp. A thousand times better than the old facade and the dollar store that last occupied the space.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
FYI, walked by the Hale building and it appears a restaurant will be built on the ground floor. The retail space is still u/c but the exterior is mostly complete and looks very sharp. A thousand times better than the old facade and the dollar store that last occupied the space.
Two. A sports bar called Warehouse Bar & Kitchen will front Chestnut. http://www.warehousebk.com An all day cafe called The Hale will front Sansom.

Last edited by jsbrook; May 24, 2018 at 6:51 PM.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
I forget what was last posted about the lot at 20th and Arch (SW corner), but they were taking up the blacktop yesterday.
Where the Avis was? I believe it's staying a parking lot. For now.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Where the Avis was? I believe it's staying a parking lot. For now.
That's the place. It is fenced off. A few trucks were on site and, as I said, they were taking up some blacktop in chunks. May not betoken anything.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 6:52 PM

I forget who posted about that slow growing building on the south side of Arch between 9th and 10th. The OCF article that was linked wondered how it could be a hotel (which is the latest scuttlebutt) with no side windows. I took a look and it's readily apparent: They have created at least two indentations on each of the side walls - with windows. If anything goes up next to it on either side, they'll have (very small) light wells to deal with that.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
That's the place. It is fenced off. A few trucks were on site and, as I said, they were taking up some blacktop in chunks. May not betoken anything.
Hope it does! Arch is really primed to become a mixed use extension of the central business district. With large footprint buildings. Both commercial and residential. I think they are far better suited there than Chestnut Walnut and streets further South. Those streets are made by their small footprint, shorter buildings and varied facades.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:00 PM

Kushner out, Post-Brothers in at the Piazza!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ake-in-complex

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

The Frankford Chocolate Factory is most of the way gone already. That was fast.

The project at the old car wash place at 42nd and Chestnut is also moving along quickly. There's a big hole in the ground there now.

Here's my hot take on the Avis site: the owners are probably gonna sit on it awhile and then sell it for a fortune to LPT after Comcast 3.0 gets built.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Today, 5:42 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
The Frankford Chocolate Factory is most of the way gone already. That was fast.
Some of the remaining demo will go a little slower adjacent to the part that's to remain, a lot of hand tool and air hammer work. They'll be keeping the western-most portion of the 1865 building, as well as the much later boiler house and smokestack. In the streetview linked below, along Washington from 22nd to just past the first elevator house, and 6 window bays back along 22nd will be retained.

https://goo.gl/maps/RukMsVvDMaU2

Last edited by Jayfar; Today at 8:48 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development