HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 8:17 PM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/1...0-million.html

Melaleuca building $50 million headquarters in Idaho Falls

Published: December 12, 2012

Melaleuca, the Idaho Falls wellness-products company, has started to build a 371,000-square-foot home office building the company estimates will cost $50 million.

The building will house all of Melaleuca's international and domestic operations except for manufacturing and distribution. It will be the latest addition to Melaleuca's 195-acre campus off I-15 on St. John's Road in Idaho Falls. The complex will cover 43 acres of the 195-acre campus. A distribution center is already on the site. Manufacturing operations will follow in coming years, the company said.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/1...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 4:46 PM

http://www.ktvb.com/home/City-of-Ida...194801201.html

Idaho Falls approves new outdoor alcohol rule

by Associated Press
KTVB.COM
Posted on March 4, 2013 at 6:25 AM

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho -- Restaurant goers in Idaho Falls will be allowed to drink alcohol in public at outdoor tables.

The Post Register reports the Idaho Falls City Council voted Thursday to exempt restaurants from an ordinance banning drinking in public.

Police Chief Mark McBride says the intent of the amendment is to allow restaurants to serve alcohol with meals.

The amendment allows restaurants to serve drinks containing alcohol between 10 a.m. and 11 p.m.

The amendment requires that tables be positioned so pedestrians in the city that has a large Mormon population have enough room to pass by.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 8:03 PM
Got Rock?

I am doing budgets now for the "Idaho Falls Event Center" not sure what it is exactly but it is a really nice sized building.

Another piece of news is that I am opening a location in IF so I will have a good inside track on the happenings there as well.

GTSBoise.....

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSBoise View Post
I am doing budgets now for the "Idaho Falls Event Center" not sure what it is exactly but it is a really nice sized building.

Another piece of news is that I am opening a location in IF so I will have a good inside track on the happenings there as well.

GTSBoise.....
That's great! That must mean the events center is still a go. We don't get a ton of info around here Si an inside track is certainly welcome!

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 7:10 PM
World Traveler

2012 Census results for metros & counties came out last week...

Idaho Falls' CSA (combined statistical area) had a population of 231,995 as of 7/1/12
(Bonneville, Butte, Jefferson, Bingham, Fremont, and Madison counties)

Idaho Falls' MSA (metropolitan statistical area) had a population of 136,108 as of 7/1/12
(Bonneville, Butte, and Jefferson counties)

Bonneville County-106,684
Jefferson County-26,684
Butte County-2,740
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....785,302

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 7:11 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSBoise View Post

GTSBoise.....
Great news! I hope your second location will be profitable for you GTSBoise

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 7:14 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post

Idaho Falls' CSA (combined statistical area) had a population of 231,995 as of 7/1/12

Idaho Falls' MSA (metropolitan statistical area) had a population of 136,108 as of 7/1/12

Jefferson County-26,684
Butte County-2,740
Thanks for the post, Jim. I somehow knew to check this thread (or found something I was looking for via a search engine....). Always great to have the latest info from you about the demographics. World traveler, huh? good for you

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 7:21 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawolf View Post
Whats this about Costco coming to Idaho Falls?
Costco is starting the negotiating again. THEY contacted I.F. Mayor last week.

I still don't understand why no one mentions Ball Ventures other than SRL being a good home for Costco. Maybe that will come out in time or perhaps Ball Ventures just likes their Costco business dealings to be quiet.

Nonetheless, let's hope Costco gets the job done this year.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 7:24 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidaho View Post

Very nice. There are so many parts I like for different times of the year.

Thanks for posting this

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 5:57 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2I.F. View Post
Thanks for the post, Jim. I somehow knew to check this thread (or found something I was looking for via a search engine....). Always great to have the latest info from you about the demographics. World traveler, huh? good for you
No problem. Here are the links:
Metro & Micro Areas and CSAs http://www.census.gov/popest/data/metro/totals/2012/
Counties http://www.census.gov/popest/data/co...ST2012-01.html

City populations are out in July, as usual.

Yep. World traveler. All 50 states and 19 countries so far. My goal is to visit at least 50 countries.

Old Posted May 29, 2013, 3:51 PM

Idaho Falls forumers, where art thou?

Beer is always a good thing and the Mountain Brewers Beer Fest is coming up and will have an impressive amount of brewers from Idaho and several other states.

http://www.northamericanbrewers.org/

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 3:23 PM
Got Rock?

Melaleuca last Saturday....

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 4:31 PM

I suppose since I have a spare moment I can give a quick update on all things going on around Falls Town.

As the picture above shows, that is the beginning of what I believe to be the new Melaleuca supplement production facility. I would imagine its not the new HQ due to the lack of its footprint.

The INL research complex on the northside of town is hearing completion. Two new offices that are both 3 stories in height. If funding continues, two more facilitates are planned for the complex, including another Center for Advanced Energy Studies.

Downtown, the decrepit old D Street underpass is being torn down and fundraising to turn the old Rio Theater into an interactive arts center is underway as downtown revitalization continues. Just recently a proposal for an interactive spray park came up at the planning comitee meeting, for now there has been backlash over the cost of the project.

Tue new events center should break ground late spring or early summer. No firm date has been given but officials say it will be this year. Also happening within the confines of Snake River Landing are two manufacturing/research facilitates. Scientec is expanding its operations and Martek will be building a facility there as well. There are also two housing projects set to break ground, one a senior living facility and the other an apartment complex. Both are said to be of the 3 story variety.

Off of Sunnyside Road, The Smith Group is joining Teton Toyota and building a massive new complex to house their dealership while Teton Volkswagen will be building this year as well.

South of there of course, we have the local Budweiser distributor building a 90,000 sq ft distribution facility.

Other projects around town include another Carls Jr, Panda Express, a few new gas stations, Tacoma Screw Products, Natural Grocers and your run of the mill single family homes.

Idaho Falls is also in the planning stages of bidding out a street widening project from skyline drive to Belllin Road along Pancheri.

All this and its not even June yet!

I.F. City: 56,813
I.F. Metro: 132,073
I.F. Bingham CSA: 178,025

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 11:07 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post

Jefferson County-26,684
Butte County-2,740
2012 Census results for cities came out last week. Here's the population of some Eastern Idaho cities.

Idaho Falls 57,899
Ammon 14,199
Rexburg 25,732
Pocatello 54,777
Chubbuck 14,166

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 6:35 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Idaho Falls forumers, where art thou?

Beer is always a good thing and the Mountain Brewers Beer Fest is coming up and will have an impressive amount of brewers from Idaho and several other states.

http://www.northamericanbrewers.org/
I guess we've all had other stuff going on.

Brew Fest was over 7K people. The biggest ever- and a huge success for the charities. Some impressive entries and some impressive wins by local and regional brewers.

Who attended?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2013, 6:56 AM
Honored Member

News today about the final things being done to get the events center Construction started.

This phase of Melaleuca's growth is kind of interesting. When these facilities are built all 3,300 Melaleuca employees will be at one location. Frank VS put in some nice amenities for them like a restaurant, gym, daycare etc.

Melaleuca got a new patent in late 2012 for a compound developed in Eastern Idajo. There is already another manufacturing bldg being discussed for Melaleuca.

I wonder if when they vacate so many blogs downtown if some of those blogs could be torn down and used for parking ( like the old Penneys)?

Construction is up. Contractors are trying to get sub-contractors back from ND. Some spec houses are even being built.

Another new bldg in SRL. I don't know what this or is for, possibly the medical bldg? IFGuy do you or others know?

Construction continues on the elementary schools and other things. And the IF airport is expanding. One of the goals is to get a direct flight between Boise- I. F. And vice versa. A search continues for the right carrier.

There's actually a fair amount happening right now. It maybe that those of us who post only want to post about the new Events Center etc.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 1:23 AM
Honored Member

Interesting when this is on the evening news:
http://m.localnews8.com/w/news-top/story/95474420/

Lots of projects popping up. I read Prospectus about all the Melaleuca complex will include. The restaurant, work-out facilities and other sound great. There will be an auditorium or multi-purpose facility that could double as an events center.

Some are refusing to talk given certain blogs that may not be names yet. It's odd and understandable there is so many sealed mouths currently

N2I.F.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2I.F. View Post
Interesting when this is on the evening news:
http://m.localnews8.com/w/news-top/story/95474420/

Lots of projects popping up. I read Prospectus about all the Melaleuca complex will include. The restaurant, work-out facilities and other sound great. There will be an auditorium or multi-purpose facility that could double as an events center.

Some are refusing to talk given certain blogs that may not be names yet. It's odd and understandable there is so many sealed mouths currently

N2I.F.
I never did get around to posting the architectural drawing of the Melaleuca building a year or two ago, but if you read my post, I think I've establish my credibility when it comes to this project. I've seen the early build out drawing of the complex. It is a huge campus with more buildings than you can count on both your hands. There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of employees working on that campus within a few years. Although I no longer live in Idaho, I have decided to keep my house and rent it indefinitely since it is just down the road from Melaleuca (so far so very good.) It should be the hub of southern IF area commerce within a few years. -And I'm not even particularly fond of Melaleuca or MLM companies. I know, I know, they aren't really a MLM

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 1:23 AM
Honored Member

Idaho Falls Events Center .. .....

http://www.localnews8.com/news/event...x/-/index.html

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 1:37 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
I never did get around to posting the architectural drawing of the Melaleuca building a year or two ago, but if you read my post, I think I've establish my credibility when it comes to this project. I've seen the early build out drawing of the complex. It is a huge campus with more buildings than you can count on both your hands. There will be hundreds, if not thousands, of employees working on that campus within a few years. Although I no longer live in Idaho, I have decided to keep my house and rent it indefinitely since it is just down the road from Melaleuca (so far so very good.) It should be the hub of southern IF area commerce within a few years. -And I'm not even particularly fond of Melaleuca or MLM companies. I know, I know, they aren't really a MLM
Nice to hear from you again VelvetElvis. I apologize if what or how I posted the info about Melaleuca. That wasn't my intent.

I totally believe you about the Melaleuca campus. Added with Andco saying they sold property to ~ 40 buyers, along with the Smith auto dealerships are building, it's going to be a very busy area. I think the number was around 3,500 employees with the first phase of Melaleuca.
I can only guess how many could be there as expansions continue.

I hope you are doing well.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West