HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Re 1616 Market Street:Assuming that facade is brick, that's going to be really handsome.
Agreed, anybody know if this will have a rooftop bar?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 5:25 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
When that building and Market Station are complete it will represent a huge transformation of that block. I remember not quite 5 years ago that the other corner was an empty windowless former Office Depot.

A couple blocks away I'm hearing 18th & Market may actually break ground before the end of the year. Uh oh I may have just jinxed it...
Between this hotel, 1800 Market, Market Station, and T2 that would be quite a lot of repair done to the urban fabric along the LoDo/CBD boundary.

I'll be freakin' ecstatic if this all of this ends up U/C before the end of the year.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 7:13 PM

So I biked from Littleton to Denver a little bit ago and I saw a new park under construction by the Pepsi center. It looks really cool, there are these big wicker ball things that kids can play in. I wasn't able to snap a picture, do any of you have more information on this?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
So I biked from Littleton to Denver a little bit ago and I saw a new park under construction by the Pepsi center. It looks really cool, there are these big wicker ball things that kids can play in. I wasn't able to snap a picture, do any of you have more information on this?
Are you referring to the revamped Pacco Sanchez Park?

https://patch.com/colorado/denver/ne...nveiled-denver

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 8:04 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
https://www.mychildsmuseum.org/adven...t-coming-soon/

Probably this.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Yeah that's it! Thanks for the info.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 4:36 AM

Updated design for Kenect Denver:

Still 24 stories and 434 units. Architects are Perkins+Will and Shears Adkins + Rockmore.

Here is a comparison of the Lawrence Street elevation - some changes to the base, but nothing too dramatic:

A rendering:

And a street level view:

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 5:56 AM

That looks pretty spiffy to me.

I just checked on Kenect Nashville which was originally announced before Denver and it appears there's some preservation issues slowing the process. Akara Partners also purchased land on Central Ave in Phoenix in June for a 23-story 320-unit project but planning process is just getting started.

Looks like Kenect Denver could be the first project outside of Chicago to break ground.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 5:45 PM

that is a great building, fingers crossed.

Now that Union Station is at capacity, shouldn't we see another hotspot start to emerge? Or would another hotspot like Union Station only come about from a massive public investment?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 8:29 PM

Quote:
that is a great building, fingers crossed.

Now that Union Station is at capacity, shouldn't we see another hotspot start to emerge? Or would another hotspot like Union Station only come about from a massive public investment?
38th & Blake Station area is the next hotspot, stetching from Brighton Blvd to Larimer along 38th where the recent upzoning was approved. Arapahoe Square and Belleview Station in the DTC could also develop into hotspots if the planned projects proposed in those areas take off. Looking 5-10 years down the road Broadway Station and Central Park Station (Stapleton) are candidates.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:47 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Upper Downtown is also going to get a good push of marketing to try to attract some development. Talk about an area that needs help.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Upper Downtown is also going to get a good push of marketing to try to attract some development. Talk about an area that needs help.
19th & Broadway area? I don’t see those parking lots going away anytime soon.

Another area in the “long play” game is Elitch Gardens.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 4:47 AM

The No-Bull Review

From time to time it crosses my mind to post visual reminders on this site of finished projects that were originally posted about what seems like a coons age ago (but not to be confused with the fine Wrap-Ups on DenverInfill).

Here's to The Quincy Apartments
1776 Curtis Street

Notice the Q in the pool

Images courtesy of The Quincy Apartments/Shea Properties

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 3:39 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
upper downtown is also going to get a good push of marketing to try to attract some development. Talk about an area that needs help.
updo!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 4:15 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
19th & Broadway area? I don’t see those parking lots going away anytime soon.

Another area in the “long play” game is Elitch Gardens.
Isn't that the area where a Canadian developer just purchased a couple of parcels and is proposing 400 or so condos?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
What are the boundaries generally associated with Upper Downtown? Does the proposed developments along Sherman play into this?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Isn't that the area where a Canadian developer just purchased a couple of parcels and is proposing 400 or so condos?
Also the ongoing push to rezone Sherman from Colfax to 20th.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 5:41 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

I think we'll see Upper Downtown become a new focus area and become a new hot spot.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
I think we'll see Upper Downtown become a new focus area and become a new hot spot.
Is this because it's adjacent to the convention center expansion, or is there other public investment that's set to kick off there?

Last edited by DenvertoLA; Sep 28, 2018 at 12:24 AM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 1:58 AM
mmmm... infillicious!

Quote:
Is this because it's adjacent to the convention center expansion, or is there other public investment that's set to kick off there?
I think because there are some really good development sites in Upper Downtown and there's generally nothing really wrong with Upper Downtown, it's just not the new shiny hip place currently. Now that the competition from Union Station has largely abated, all Upper Downtown needs is some branding and promotion, a key placemaking investment or two, a little sprucing up, and maybe a strategic catalyst development project (like the two condo towers) to really get the ball rolling.

It's not like central/upper downtown hasn't seen any investment. There's SkyHouse, several hotels by the CCC, and Block 162, plus lots of investment in nearby districts like the Golden Triangle and Uptown.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West