HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 9:01 PM

Anyone have the scoop on this thing at Devon/Rockwell? It did not appear to have any work going on.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 11:47 PM
The City

^ Parking garage with retail on the first two levels, condos on top.

I really like how it is turning out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 12:05 AM

^^^ I'm wondering if it's still being worked on. I think it has been at it's current state of semi-completion for some time.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 3:22 AM

I remembering hearing it had stopped....and started... so I guess it stopped again!

Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 3:41 AM
THAT Guy

Groundbreaking next week on the first phase of Unity Green at Gill Park, according to Uptown Update.

UNITY GREEN AT GILL PARK is a unique modern and sustainable park concept in the Lakeview/Uptown area of Chicago. As a part of the redevelopment of Gill Park, the proposed design plans encourage unity and interaction between different social-economic, racial and cultural groups. The Unity Green project includes a number of “green” features, including a sculptural green wall surrounding the perimeter of the park, as well as unique “activity hubs” and enhanced accessibility features for those with disabilities and the blind. Being one of the first park projects in the U.S. to incorporate an active “vertical park” component, Unity Green at Gill Park is being designed by the internationally known architectural firms of Studio Gang Architects and Site Design Group. The project is currently in the schematic design stage, with the first phase scheduled to open in the Summer of 2010.

Also came across this addition to the Lake Shore Park field house by Dirk Denison:

Currently envisioned to be located at Lake Shore Park, which is situated on Chicago’s lakefront, THE CHICAGO LAKE SHORE GALLERY AND VISITORS CENTER will be a component of the proposed redevelopment and expansion of the existing field house and will feature Chicago-specific nature and lakefront photography, as well as educational kiosks on the history and future of Chicago’s lakefront. Proposed as an innovative green, open and accessible project, The Chicago Lake Shore Gallery and Visitors Center will benefit from the modern design expertise of Dirk Denison Architects. The project is currently in the conceptual and community engagement stage, with construction proposed to commence in the Spring of 2011.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 5:04 PM

lets hope that the chicago bulls and blackhawks win their respective league championships so we could have more skyscrapers built in chicago...just like michael jordan boosted the economy and helped paved the way for the downtown construction boom

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773shadow08 View Post
lets hope that the chicago bulls and blackhawks win their respective league championships so we could have more skyscrapers built in chicago...just like michael jordan boosted the economy and helped paved the way for the downtown construction boom
Yea, Im sure that will turn the global economy around in no time.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Michael Jordan's first NBA season coincided with the launch of the first space shuttle. Keeping my fingers crossed that Derrick Rose can revive the shuttle program.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
Yea, Im sure that will turn the global economy around in no time.
no, it would not boost the global economy...but it would boost the local economy a la lebron cleveland era...

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 8:11 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoSeclorum View Post
Michael Jordan's first NBA season coincided with the launch of the first space shuttle.
incorrect.

first space shuttle launch (STS-1) - 1981

jordan's first NBA season - 1984

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 10:19 PM

Does anyone know what's the situation on the proposed state of the art 2000 ft telecommunications skyscraper called the Chicago Tower, that would include a bar, restaurants, conference facilities, and an outdoor deck at the top? I only know that this tower is supposed to be built near soldier field at 1951 South Lake Shore Drive, and its being proposed by Goettsch Partners, Inc.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 11:02 PM
Deerhoof Evangelist

The Landmark Illinois Prentice Re-Use Study is out & available here.

link

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 11:03 PM
Deerhoof Evangelist

Quote:
Does anyone know what's the situation on the proposed state of the art 2000 ft telecommunications skyscraper called the Chicago Tower, that would include a bar, restaurants, conference facilities, and an outdoor deck at the top? I only know that this tower is supposed to be built near soldier field at 1951 South Lake Shore Drive, and its being proposed by Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Stale.....

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 11:06 PM
Deerhoof Evangelist

Interior shot of Prentice, courtesy Lynn Becker:

Link

I would all but kill to live in a raw space like this.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 11:12 PM

^^^ Great find Wrabbit!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2011, 11:22 PM
The City

Loyola buys apartment complex for high-end housing
By: Frank Kalman April 22, 2011

(Crain’s) — Loyola University Chicago bought a two-building apartment complex just north of its Rogers Park campus and plans to convert the buildings into high-end student housing.

The Catholic university paid $6 million for the vacant complex of some 120 units at 6610-28 N. Sheridan Road...

Quote:
The 15,300-student university in 2009 opened the first phase of its $400-million Loyola Station development, at Sheridan Road and Arthur Avenue, with an eight-story, 152-unit student apartment building called the Morgan at Loyola Station. Plans call for another residential tower there and about 90,000 square feet of retail space.
^ The part in bold interests me

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 12:28 AM
Deerhoof Evangelist

NYT write-up on the Illinois Holocaust Museum in Skokie here.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrab View Post
Interior shot of Prentice, courtesy Lynn Becker:

Link

I would all but kill to live in a raw space like this.
Wow, what a fantastic condo space that would make.

-------------------------------

Musical chairs again at Rush and Oak.
http://chicago.racked.com/archives/2...t-over-yet.php

This was all started by Barney's When they vacated that 4 story building and moved across the street, many retailers couldn't pass up a more open building. I've noticed 1st and 2nd floors are nearly leased out. The loading dock is being removed and converted to a storefront. Don't know about the 3rd floor, and the 4th level (set back) I'm not aware if that is leased, but the lights are always on. As for the rest of the stores, which I've never set foot in because I'm broke, they are all moving around. Looks like Esquire is getting a new tenant....and just when they had the marquee working again...it broke. Again.

Last edited by Rizzo; Apr 23, 2011 at 2:38 AM.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 8:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:

I don't know among mikefromtoronto, sarah palin, and this

I simply cannot pick the greater idiocy.....jeezuz....

I mean come on my dogs are smarter than this

-----------------------
apologies to Ordo....after a couple glasses of Pinot missed the sarcasm

Last edited by lawfin; Apr 23, 2011 at 4:57 PM.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2011, 8:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Loyola buys apartment complex for high-end housing
By: Frank Kalman April 22, 2011

(Crain’s) — Loyola University Chicago bought a two-building apartment complex just north of its Rogers Park campus and plans to convert the buildings into high-end student housing.

The Catholic university paid $6 million for the vacant complex of some 120 units at 6610-28 N. Sheridan Road...

^ The part in bold interests me

As long as they don't tear down campus towers.....a kinda dump inside but super cool to look at......very few cities have a cooler looking building than campus towers

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development