HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 22, 2010, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
Here Here !

Don't cast the towers fate before the dice are thrown. Much will change between now and 2013.
Ceaser actually said, "Let the dice fly high" and not that fatalistic die is cast misquote. He was a risk taker. I hope Silverstein wins too and that no one stabs him before or after his victory.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2010, 9:30 PM
Honored Member

Who is Ceaser?

I was corrupting a quote By Isambard Kingdom Brunel. I can't find the exact quote online but it went something like this: "Do not condemn this Enterprise before the first rail is cast."

Last edited by Zensteeldude; Dec 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2010, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Who is Ceaser?

I was corrupting a quote By Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
Amazingly close quote. In making his comment, Isambard K. Burnel had ovbiously read Shakespeare where the misquote of Julius Carsar crossing the Rubicon was perpetuated. Thank you for educating me on what appears to be an amazing individual I was only dimly aware of. Humanity gets nowhere without risk and occasional failure.

May the towers all progress from here without stop. Now before we get in trouble for being off topic....

Old Posted Dec 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
Honored Member

NYguy is away for Xmas so we can veer off course a little bit.

I am sure that you are correct, Mr. Brunel read Shakespeare.

Back on topic, this tower well rise to it's full glory, of that I am sure in my faith in both America and Mr. Silverstein.

(I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Silverstein in person and I have to say that he is the most genuine "real" person who happens to be a rich guy I have ever met.) He is a self made millionaire who remembers where he came from.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; Dec 22, 2010 at 11:53 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 4:30 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^I've, personally, enjoyed his speeches that they have on wtc.com, such as the address he gave at Pace University. There are very, very, very few people (like less than 5) that I enjoy listening to speak.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2010, 3:04 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
From about a year ago, but leaked PA renders of the retail stumps of 2 & 3 WTC. I see very little chance of them stopping with Tower 3, especially with the Recession bonds, but a worst case scenario.

NYPost via Curbed
If this is how they - heaven forbid - end up, these two "towers" would be apt monuments to bureaucratic lack of vision. What a disgrace!

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 1:54 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 2:48 AM

Good render, STR. What program do you use anyway?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 3:37 AM
Because I'm Clever!

3D Studio Max 2011. And I hope you enjoyed that one-off there, as I had to scrap that part of the model and re-do again. Being just 3" off in one element of that roof throws the whole thing out of whack and it just won't look right. Unlike my earlier attempts at this building, when you get it right, 2WTC has no bad angles.

Last edited by STR; Dec 24, 2010 at 4:56 AM.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 4:57 AM

How would you compare that program to, say, Rhino?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 5:19 AM
Because I'm Clever!

I haven't tried Rhino 3D in years, and even then I don't recall much. It's 1/3 the cost of 3DS, so it has that going for it. Though, I actually got a free copy through an official Autodesk program, so I'm not complaining.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 6:21 AM

Quote:
He's doing his best to find tenants that are willing to pay his rates, which at $70psf and upwards (three figures for upper floors), is a $20-30 premium over the rest of downtown, and comparable to the better rates in midtown. With that in mind, Silverstein could probably rent the whole complex by New Years if he lowers the price, but he's thinking long-term.
This isn't really true.

The better buildings in Midtown frequently rent over $100 a foot, so $70 a foot at the WTC is a significant discount.

An average Midtown building will rent around $70 a foot.

Class A downtown buildings rent for around $50 a foot, so this is certainly significantly more, though.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 6:45 AM
Because I'm Clever!

$70 is the starting rate at the WTC. Most floors are more than that.

As for Midtown, I haven't seen quotes of most floors in the good areas hitting triple digits since the market collapsed. WTC itself signed up most of the people in 7WTC at $80+, plus the Chinese in 1WTC before Silverstein handed it over.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 2:29 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
Ceaser actually said, "Let the dice fly high" and not that fatalistic die is cast misquote. He was a risk taker. I hope Silverstein wins too and that no one stabs him before or after his victory.
One hopes that by 2013 the economy will be in a strong rebound...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 2:52 PM
Editor

Why has Two WTC a red-white crane and all the other cranes at the site are only white with a yellow tip?? Is it a different kind?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 5:25 PM
New Yorker for life

^ I don't remember who's doing construction of which.

Quote:
NYguy is away for Xmas so we can veer off course a little bit.
What would we do without the internet?....

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 5:34 PM

Quote:
$70 is the starting rate at the WTC. Most floors are more than that.
Wow, I didn't know the asking rents were so high. I though $70 was pretty much the average rate, not the starting rate.

Then I would agree that rents will have to come down a bit, unless the economic recovery accelerates.
Quote:
As for Midtown, I haven't seen quotes of most floors in the good areas hitting triple digits since the market collapsed.
Plenty of buildings in Midtown sign leases at $100+, but only in the best areas. Prime buildings in the Plaza District (basically the East 50's and East 60's around 5th/Madison/Park/Lexington) have these rents.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 5:35 PM
Honored Member

I'm soooo busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWorldTradeCenter View Post
Why has Two WTC a red-white crane and all the other cranes at the site are only white with a yellow tip?? Is it a different kind?
The new crane at Tower 2 is an FMC Linkbelt TG1900, all the other tower cranes are Favelle Favco products. (Kangaroo Cranes cause they are from the land down under)

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 5:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Another view of the crane...

Structures:NYC

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2010, 8:40 PM
World Machine

A key is to heavily market the transit improvements and additions the immediate and surrounding area will have. You step right off the PATH from Jersey and boom, your office is right upstairs. Same goes for Fulton, only it’s a quick stroll underground.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction