HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Nov 8, 2017, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
eh probably - I just like quoting pictures in my responses lol..
I mean if it is already on this page I think it's overkill, but if it's on another page, please continue as scrolling back through can take a while especially on larger threads

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I mean if it is already on this page I think it's overkill, but if it's on another page, please continue as scrolling back through can take a while especially on larger threads
^ This! Please stop quoting pics in your replies. Thanks.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 5:27 PM

You know development announcements have slowed when we've resorted to people complaining about how someone does or doesn't reply to a comment. Lol
Pro tip: feel free to reply however you want

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 6:22 PM
Forever forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
You know development announcements have slowed when we've resorted to people complaining about how someone does or doesn't reply to a comment. Lol
Pro tip: feel free to reply however you want
Honestly this. Little things like complaining about photos in replies is not productive to anyone here, and just creates fights.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 6:30 PM
Hammer'd

It's a pretty valid complaint when you're only commenting a sentence or a few words but the comment you're quoting is several large photos. also causes unnecessary server strain. you can easily edit the images out of your quote.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 3:20 AM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootaround View Post
Honestly this. Little things like complaining about photos in replies is not productive to anyone here, and just creates fights.
Thanks

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 11:27 PM

85% sold out in 5 hours. They've cancelled their grand opening sales event now, as it won't be needed.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 12:53 AM

^^ that is incredible, well done.... nothing super inspiring here, must give pause for thought on some more profile sites in the downtown. Would so love to see a mid rise development on the south east corner of King William and James (x Zellers). For sure it would sell out just as fast.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
^^ that is incredible, well done.... nothing super inspiring here, must give pause for thought on some more profile sites in the downtown. Would so love to see a mid rise development on the south east corner of King William and James (x Zellers). For sure it would sell out just as fast.
That would clean up the area quite a bit in my mind. That gaping section of James is extremely obvious, and the side of that building is not exactly pretty.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Now only if they can do something to that building at James and cannon where that weird (fish) market is. The got the sign of it for Janesville lofts on it. Might as well just turn that into condos too lol

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 5:30 AM

Does anyone know how much units are going for?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 4:43 PM

Units are priced from roughly $275k to $460k. 484sqft to 788sqft.

Parking spaces a $39k.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconPoutine View Post
Units are priced from roughly $275k to $460k. 484sqft to 788sqft.

Parking spaces a $39k.
Condo fees 50cents a sq foot. Parking spot fee $20 a month. Not enough spots for all units.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
Condo fees 50cents a sq foot. Parking spot fee $20 a month. Not enough spots for all units.
That's quite pricey for condo fees on a place with barely any amenities...

The fees for the paradigm development are 54 or 58 cents per square foot. They have a pool, hot tub, sauna, running track, weight room with olympic bars, and a 3/4 basket ball court.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2017, 4:18 AM
Team St.Jean

Easier to bring costs down over that many units.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 4:26 PM

Has this project sold all the condos?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2018, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTfan View Post
85% sold out in 5 hours. They've cancelled their grand opening sales event now, as it won't be needed.
If this happened about a year ago, disappointing to have such silence since... Any updates?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhamont View Post
If this happened about a year ago, disappointing to have such silence since... Any updates?
Would like to know that as well. Any updates Mr. St. Jean?

Just checked realtor.ca and one of the ads for a unit says construction starting summer 2018..

Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 7:53 PM

I mean I have nothing against Micheal, but it seems a lot of the developments he works on fall through as well, or disappear. The Jamesville lofts "nearly sold out immediately", but then the website hasn't been updated since like last year, and it still says stuff about a March 2018 sales event.

Seems like a lot of developers are looking at Hamilton but are trying to gamble these plots of land and developments like stocks and wait until they can get maximum profit instead of starting once they've got their money. 85% sold out is massive, and if that is the case, they should start building immediately because they know there is a market and they should be purchasing and building asap, instead they are building slowly to keep the costs of units artificially high.

I believe this to be an agreement among all developers to maintain a high cost to real estate in Ontario. There are only a few developers that I don't think are doing this, Darko being one, but he waits until his stuff is built apparently to sell, unless I am mistaken about 20/22 George in that the building is nearly finished and no units have been sold.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I mean I have nothing against Micheal, but it seems a lot of the developments he works on fall through as well, or disappear. The Jamesville lofts "nearly sold out immediately", but then the website hasn't been updated since like last year, and it still says stuff about a March 2018 sales event.

Seems like a lot of developers are looking at Hamilton but are trying to gamble these plots of land and developments like stocks and wait until they can get maximum profit instead of starting once they've got their money. 85% sold out is massive, and if that is the case, they should start building immediately because they know there is a market and they should be purchasing and building asap, instead they are building slowly to keep the costs of units artificially high.

I believe this to be an agreement among all developers to maintain a high cost to real estate in Ontario. There are only a few developers that I don't think are doing this, Darko being one, but he waits until his stuff is built apparently to sell, unless I am mistaken about 20/22 George in that the building is nearly finished and no units have been sold.
Seems like it kinda. I bought a unit in vista, 10/22 is almost all the way up and in the same time they cant get six floors done lol

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton