HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jul 19, 2011, 3:37 PM
Wannabe Urbanite

I don't really want the twin for OLP built. We have more than enough twins in this city. Although, if it was significantly taller or shorter, with a slightly different design it could work. Another problem for me, is that OLP is such a (locally) iconic building for the city, that I can't really ever imagine it losing it's title as tallest. But one day I really want to see a building go above 120 m downtown, so I am torn!

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 9:46 PM

Re London Ontario

In my youth I use to work at a bar at 219 Dundas I think it was called Tootsie Red Lion does anyone have more information and the bar and the two sisters that owned it one was named Helen the other sister was a hard core religious person who was always preaching at the dancers

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 9:51 PM

SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation London Back in the Day

Welcome, Hal1046 - your most recent posts
You last visited: Today at 9:40 PM

Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

User CPFAQCommunity New PostsSearch Quick Links Log Out

Prev123Next 

Viewing Page 3 of 3

View First Unread  

Posted Jul 19, 2011, 3:37 PM

Simpseatles 

Wannabe Urbanite

I don't really want the twin for OLP built. We have more than enough twins in this city. Although, if it was significantly taller or shorter, with a slightly different design it could work. Another problem for me, is that OLP is such a (locally) iconic building for the city, that I can't really ever imagine it losing it's title as tallest. But one day I really want to see a building go above 120 m downtown, so I am torn!

Posted Today, 9:46 PM

Hal1046 

Re London Ontario

In my youth I use to work at a bar at 219 Dundas I think it was called Tootsie Red Lion does anyone have more information and the bar and the two sisters that owned it one was named Helen the other sister was a hard core religious person who would always be preaching at the dancers

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal1046 View Post
In my youth I use to work at a bar at 219 Dundas I think it was called Tootsie Red Lion does anyone have more information and the bar and the two sisters that owned it one was named Helen the other sister was a hard core religious person who was always preaching at the dancers
The Red Lion is now called Solid Gold and is still a strip club.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation