HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 1:04 PM

http://www.post-gazette.com/business...s/201712140072

Quote:
Developer plans six-story office building at Pittsburgh Technology Center in Oakland

MARK BELKO
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
mbelko@post-gazette.com
7:08 AM DEC 14, 2017

Call it Riviera on the Mon.

Burns & Scalo Equities has reached a deal with the Pittsburgh Urban Redevelopment Authority to build a six-story, 155,932-square-foot office building at the Pittsburgh Technology Center in Oakland.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:07 PM

I can't figure out which of the two riverfront PTC parcels available Burns & Scalo are going to build on. Neither is "almost two acres" as the article says. I think it's the one closer to town however, as it is a bit larger, but the article mentions it is directly across the river from South Side Works, which makes it seem like it's the parcel closer to the Hot Metal Bridge.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I can't figure out which of the two riverfront PTC parcels available Burns & Scalo are going to build on. Neither is "almost two acres" as the article says. I think it's the one closer to town however, as it is a bit larger, but the article mentions it is directly across the river from South Side Works, which makes it seem like it's the parcel closer to the Hot Metal Bridge.
It's the one between the "new" garage and the river, catercorner from the Hotel Indigo.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 5:42 PM

Looks like a nice addition! I wish that area was more connected to South Oakland but 2nd Avenue and 376 make it impossible really. But this is a nice bookend to the Hazelwood site.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 8:02 PM

I am sure we wouldn't do the PTC the same way today, but it has been an economic asset, and I agree this is far from the worse place this could have been done.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 9:12 PM
Eurosceptic

https://rebusinessonline.com/joint-v...in-pittsburgh/

Quote:
Joint Venture Breaks Ground for 319-Unit Apartment Property in Pittsburgh

POSTED ON DECEMBER 14, 2017 BY AMY WORKS IN MULTIFAMILY, NORTHEAST, PENNSYLVANIA

Slated for completion in summer 2019, Glasshouse in Pittsburgh will feature 319 apartments ranging in size from 665 square feet to 1,200 square feet.

PITTSBURGH — High Street Residential and Northwestern Mutual have broken ground for Glasshouse, a five-story, Class A residential mixed-use building located in Pittsburgh’s historic glassmaking district. Slated for completion in summer 2019, the property will feature 319 apartments in a mix of studio, one-, one+den, and two-bedroom units ranging in size from 665 square feet to 1,200 square feet. Additionally, the property will offer ground-floor restaurant retail space and 335 indoor parking spaces. On-site amenities include a club room, a game room, an e-lounge, an entertainment kitchen, a fitness center, a yoga room, a conference center, three outdoor courtyards and an outdoor pool. The project team includes Rycon Construction, Hord Coplan Macht, Langan Engineering, Tower Engineering, Structura, RD Jones Associates and Steven Winter.
video:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/...tation-square/

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 12:48 PM

Developer plans Ferris wheel, 13-acre mixed use project on North Side

http://www.post-gazette.com/business...s/201712150074

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
Developer plans Ferris wheel, 13-acre mixed use project on North Side

http://www.post-gazette.com/business...s/201712150074
I'm excited that this project is moving forward enough to put it out there in the press!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 3:38 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
It mentions the height of the Ferris Wheels in Seattle, the Navy Pier, and at the Nat'l Harbor are nearly 200 ft tall. It would be nice if this attraction is considerably taller than those. The London Eye and the ones in Vegas and Orlando are upwards of 40 to 50 stories tall!! Altho I doubt anything of that size would actually go there; I'd imagine something around 300 feet or so in height would suffice...

I love the one comment at the end of that article... Get a life, dude...

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 3:56 PM

Seems like a weird spot for a ferris wheel. It's pretty far from anything.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 4:35 PM
Eurosceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minivan Werner View Post
Seems like a weird spot for a ferris wheel. It's pretty far from anything.
Esplanade will be its own destination. This spot will afford sweeping views of the confluence and Golden Triangle from the ferris wheel.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 4:59 PM

Glad Station Square East or 'Glasshouse' finally broke ground. Really excited about this one. Think the quality will end up being on par with Eastside Bond. Hoping this and the Riverwalk ('Highline') redevelopment project that broke ground over the summer can resurrect Station Square

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 5:02 PM
Eurosceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmust71 View Post
Glad Station Square East or 'Glasshouse' finally broke ground. Really excited about this one. Think the quality will end up being on par with Eastside Bond. Hoping this and the Riverwalk ('Highline') redevelopment project that broke ground over the summer can resurrect Station Square
I'm also excited to see the stretch between Station Square and 10th St Bridge fill in... a critical stretch that has been ignored for so long.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 5:15 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Looks like a nice addition! I wish that area was more connected to South Oakland but 2nd Avenue and 376 make it impossible really. But this is a nice bookend to the Hazelwood site.

Guessing that the first rendering is earlier / more schematic than the second? They seem rather discordant, and the first one shows 7 stories. Anyway, it's interesting that Pittsburgh is at a point where developers are willing to construct large leasable space without any tenants secured.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:09 PM
Eurosceptic

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/...anes-sidewalks
Quote:
Pittsburgh's East Ohio Street is getting a 96-room hotel, bike lanes, sidewalks

Bob Bauder
BOB BAUDER | Friday, Dec. 15, 2017, 2:18 p.m.

A hotel, restaurant and apartment building are coming to a dilapidated section of Pittsburgh's East Ohio Street, officials announced on Friday.

North Side-based October Development has secured financing to cover the $17.5 million cost of building a Comfort Inn on vacant land east of Route 279.

In addition to loans from various local banks and the North Side Community Development Fund, it includes $7 million in federal tax credits and state grants totaling about $3.3 million.

John Elash, a partner in October Development, said the project has been eight years in the making and required the company to acquire 33 adjoining properties over 2.2 acres.

“I can't express how wonderful it is,” Elash said. “Eight years is a very long time.”

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:28 PM

^^That will be quite prominent from the highway!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:48 PM
Ex Houstonian

Hopefully its built with quality materials.....

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 10:30 PM

I'm pretty excited to see that the Chateau development is going forward! Hopefully they do a good job, its in a very prominent location. Maybe if we are lucky enough, we could get a T expansion to the new Chateau development (which would also benefit Manchester), but that's probably too much to ask for.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Hopefully its built with quality materials.....
yeah... it's a rather prominent location, so shoddy-looking cladding would be a disappointment... but it is a Comfort Inn after all, so I wouldn't be too optimistic. It's not like it's going to be the Four Seasons or even a Sheraton, for that matter.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
It mentions the height of the Ferris Wheels in Seattle, the Navy Pier, and at the Nat'l Harbor are nearly 200 ft tall. It would be nice if this attraction is considerably taller than those. The London Eye and the ones in Vegas and Orlando are upwards of 40 to 50 stories tall!! Altho I doubt anything of that size would actually go there; I'd imagine something around 300 feet or so in height would suffice...

I love the one comment at the end of that article... Get a life, dude...
If they really want to pay tribute to George Ferris, they could copy the height of the original: 264 feet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations