HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
and Tanev is signed till next year so you have to spend some money on his roster spot also. It might be doable but we're hoping for some pretty generous players to play for at or under what their worth.
He's a UFA next summer so his contract counts this year (with the Jets having around $10 million in cap space). Josh's contract will eat into some of that $10 million.

Tanev is another bottom six player who's deal isnt going to be an issue. He either re-signs for what works or Jets move on. They have other players fighting for spots. Too many players for the spots, so they can lose a couple of bottom six players.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 8:28 PM

That's a fair price for Wheeler.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 3:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
and Tanev is signed till next year so you have to spend some money on his roster spot also. It might be doable but we're hoping for some pretty generous players to play for at or under what their worth.

Tanev is a bottom six forward, barely making $1,000,000. He is not in the same league as some for the Jets top players.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 3:35 PM

So where did this rumour about Veselainen going back to Finland if he doesn't make the Jets start anyway? Here is what the FP said when he signed:

"Vesalainen could continue playing in Europe but said he plans to make his pro debut in North America this coming season — either with the Jets or starting the season with the Manitoba Moose, if necessary."

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 5:09 PM
What could go wrong?

It is that he has a clause in his contract that he "can" return to Finland instead of playing for the Moose if he chooses.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Welcome to BMP’s new open concept box office
By Krista Sinaisky | August 8, 2018

Bell MTS Place (BMP) has traded in the traditional ticket windows for a new open concept box office that will now welcome patrons with face to face ticketing service in the Portage Avenue atrium. The newly renovated space, which opened August 1, represents the new and modern box office concept that is trending in the industry.

A month-long renovation saw the complete redesign of the box office space that, in addition to removing the glass barriers, made staff working space more efficient and included software upgrades. New digital screens also offer show information to patrons.

“Face to face communication with True North’s ticket representatives will set a new tone for customers’ experience at the box office,” said Linzy Jones, Senior Director of Ticket Service & Operations. “It’s a much more inviting interaction that puts patrons at ease, especially those who may have an issue that they are trying to resolve.”

Customer service satisfaction has show to significantly improve in other venues where the transition has ben made to an open concept box office. Customers feel better understood and better connected to the reps who are assisting them and overall, transactions are made and issues are resolved more promptly.
“Digital and mobile ticketing offers a lot of convenience and flexibility to patrons and more personal interactions will better help patrons navigate the transition to this digital process,” said Jones.

The new box office is just one change that True North has made to contribute to a 360-degree customer service experience that start with the ticket purchase and continues until patrons are safely on their way from the venue. Frontline agents and account representatives are being cross trained on all systems to provide the tools, resources, and knowledge to be able to assist all customers, no matter the event, nature of the inquiry or system.

“Every interaction with our patrons counts,” said Jones. “Starting with the ticket transaction, providing efficient, effective and personable service, is as important as the event or game that they are coming to enjoy.”
Video Link

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 1:43 AM

New 3rd jersey for the Jets
Quote:
INSPIRED BY THE PAST, BUILT FOR THE FUTURE.
Inspired by the simplicity of the 1990-96 Winnipeg Jets uniforms, the Winnipeg Jets Aviator jersey combines a classic look and feel, with modern adizero innovation, design and craftsmanship. The new tonal blue colour scheme takes a fresh approach by reversing the team's current colour palette, now featuring aviator blue as its base. The team's official new wordmark includes a Jets script that draws from a long line of team wordmarks that have incorporated Jets shapes and motion. Emblazoned inside the neckline are the words "We Are True North.", a call back to our fans who passionately yell "True North" each game.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/fans/aviator-jersey

Quote:
WORDMARK HISTORY
The new wordmark and logo includes a Jets script that draws from a long line of team wordmarks that have incorporated Jets shapes and motion. It is highlighted with the "t" in "Jets" being crossed with the outline of a fighter jet. The wordmark, designed by David Mann, becomes the team's official new wordmark, replacing the one used since the 2011-12 season.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 3:12 AM
BANNED

That 3rd jersey is bland.

Having said that, Morrissey is still unsigned.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 3:23 PM

I concur with both points.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 5:02 PM

I saw Morissey at Stella's yesterday. The fact that he's in the city, working out, speaks volumes to how much he clearly wants to be here and figure it out, and makes me not worry at all. Most players will stay home in these situations.

--

The jersey is terrible. The only thing positive I have to say about it is that I think the colour will look great on the ice (even though it doesn't in photos).

I just really hate the "fake retro" look. They should have either gone with an actual retro jersey (blue Heritage Classic?) or done something completely modern. TN always speaks about how this is 2.0, so back that up. Why does TNSE always have to be so boring and conservative? There's also a video on IG where an Adidas designer says there's a jet in the cross of the T... F off.

There's soooooo many way better fan concepts online, even a much better version of the actual one, made a while ago:

Striping needs a bit of work (no chest) on this one, but the logo is stunning:

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 5:25 PM

The Laine one, with current logo, red stripes and white shoulders would be awesome.

I don't mind the features of the new jersey. The blue is okay, the word mark is okay. I just don't think it fits together, especially with the striping.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2018, 3:06 PM

I love the new sweater. Great colour and clean lines.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2018, 4:09 PM

I think the striping is the worst part of the new jersey. The stripes are so big on the socks they look horrible. And the empty shoulders don't help how plain it is.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2018, 4:14 PM

I like the simplicity of it. Don’t have a problem with the stripes.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 4:53 AM

I like it, personally. Simple. Clean.

I can't stand Jets fans who constantly think we should "honour" the 1.0 Jets, like they were the New York Yankees or New England Patriots or something. From 1979-1996 they were an extremely poorly-run sports franchise. Our legacy from that time? Selanne. Hawerchuk. THE END. If they had existed for 50 years & won multiple Stanley Cups, well, ok, I'd understand it then.

It's the main reason why I wouldn't have minded if our new NHL franchise had been the "Manitoba Falcons" or whatever (as long as the logo was sharp). Fresh start.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 6:39 AM
BANNED

edit..

Last edited by Jets4Life; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:12 AM.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 6:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
I like it, personally. Simple. Clean.

I can't stand Jets fans who constantly think we should "honour" the 1.0 Jets, like they were the New York Yankees or New England Patriots or something. From 1979-1996 they were an extremely poorly-run sports franchise. Our legacy from that time? Selanne. Hawerchuk. THE END. If they had existed for 50 years & won multiple Stanley Cups, well, ok, I'd understand it then.

It's the main reason why I wouldn't have minded if our new NHL franchise had been the "Manitoba Falcons" or whatever (as long as the logo was sharp). Fresh start.
The Jets were the first pro hockey team to fill a significant size of their roster with Europeans. Before 1974, no other hockey team in North America would ahve considered that. The Jets went on to become the best team in the WHA, and one of the best hockey teams in the World for the remainder of the 70s.

In fact, Glen Sather modeled the 1980s Edmonton Oilers from the WHA Jets. If it were not for the Jets, there would be no Oilers dynasty, and Europeans would not have been drafted as quickly as they were once the Jets started winning Championships.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 2:09 PM

I love the new jersey. Im surprised by the backlash but I guess the Jets and TN are in that zone of "its cool to hate them". Its a third jersey, not a new primary,

Im surprised their marketing material refers to it as inspired by the 90-96 design though when its clearly inspired by the WHA logo/wordmark.

Its clean, simple, great colour scheme. And apparently, selling briskly.

Oh and Josh is now signed to a VERY team friendly 2 year 6.3 million deal.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post
I love the new jersey. Im surprised by the backlash but I guess the Jets and TN are in that zone of "its cool to hate them". Its a third jersey, not a new primary,

Im surprised their marketing material refers to it as inspired by the 90-96 design though when its clearly inspired by the WHA logo/wordmark.

Its clean, simple, great colour scheme. And apparently, selling briskly.

Oh and Josh is now signed to a VERY team friendly 2 year 6.3 million deal.
We will be in Salary Cap Hell after next season.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 12:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
We will be in Salary Cap Hell after next season.
The Laine signing is going to sting us hard. Connor will be due for a huge raise as well. Odds are Trouba will be gone. I cannot see Kulikov's lower back holding up this season, so he may be bought out. Hard to say what will become of Myers. I sure hope Stanley, Niku, and Samberg are NHL-ready by the end of the season. It would really help our blue line, and allow us some cap freedom.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan