HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Mosaic Potash Hill Centre Tower III in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 18, 2012, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
I guess it's hard to gain appreciation of how much space there is with the fence around the site.

I looked at it again and think there is less space than in the plan. It looks like the re-designed it to make it smaller. Hard to tell from this photo though.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 12:56 AM

Does anybody know if they are covering up that mechanical box on the roof somehow? I know this has been discussed before but it looks like they have finished all the glass plate coverings and that box is still sticking out there. It looks like ass. They should have build another couple of floors to hide it then did the finishing floors. To bad because the rest of the building is beautiful.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Does anybody know if they are covering up that mechanical box on the roof somehow? I know this has been discussed before but it looks like they have finished all the glass plate coverings and that box is still sticking out there. It looks like ass. They should have build another couple of floors to hide it then did the finishing floors. To bad because the rest of the building is beautiful.
I concur. The Hill family will eventually realize this though - but only too late. The building will end up looking junky.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 4:22 AM

This is an aerial shot of Chicago - notice very few "elevator boxs" on top of buildings. The attention to detail goes right up to the roof in most cases.

http://philip.greenspun.com/images/2...erial-29.4.jpg

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
I concur. The Hill family will eventually realize this though - but only too late. The building will end up looking junky.
It's not finished yet, lets give the Hill's a little more credit, at least until the building is completed ha ha.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
It's not finished yet, lets give the Hill's a little more credit, at least until the building is completed ha ha.
Your right about that. Hopfully though, they'll still dress it up to match the balance of the building.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Your right about that. Hopfully though, they'll still dress it up to match the balance of the building.
I can see the top of the building directly from my window and we should find out very soon what the mechanical box structure is going to be covered with. I think it will look ok, the parts inbetween the angled glass and the mechanical box are being covered with decent looking panels. They have put some kind of blue covering on the middle structure and I noticed today it looks like rows of metal studs are being applied, I assume this is to affix some kind of covering. I'll try to see if I can take and post a decent pic..

There is also still a bit of height to add to the main structure, not quite another full floor but perhaps 3/4's worth, and that will be the same glass that is on the main part of the building. That should at a minimum reduce the prominence of the mechanical box.

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 2:38 AM

Old Posted May 30, 2012, 5:12 AM

Harvard IV is now definitely an order! Nice shots!!!

Old Posted May 31, 2012, 8:21 PM

Service elevator is coming down right now, they've taken about 1/2 of it down already.

Crane will be next i would imagine -

Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 6:46 AM
Edan

You would be correct Sask1982.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2012, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon272 View Post

If anyone wants more crane pictures...better do it quick.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 9:39 PM

Crane coming down.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 2:02 AM

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 4:45 PM

I am hearing (viva voce) that the first tenants will be moving in in December.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 3:09 AM
ARTchitecture

You'd think, being that the new 2nd tallest building in the city was just completed, people would be out taking awesome new skyline shots of the city. But nope... I haven't seen any new stuff! Boooo to that! But great looking tower

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 9:21 PM

Awesome looking tower. Putting a cap (or whatever you call it) like this. Would really accentuate this whole complex I think. Pure fluff I realize but I think it would really look sharp.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillweed View Post
Awesome looking tower. Putting a cap (or whatever you call it) like this. Would really accentuate this whole complex I think. Pure fluff I realize but I think it would really look sharp.

I concur! Tower III is a really nice-looking building; however, the the roof still needs finessing. (Even though I hate to mention that - yet - again.) If it were a 4-storey building, then it wouldn't matter so much. (Due to its would-be lack of height-related prowess.)

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 7:03 AM

I agree - not enough attention is given to finishing the tops of buildings in Regina. We have some nice new buildings going up, finishing the roof with something other than a functional box would be nice. But yes, its money spent that doesn't return anything as you can't rent the roof out.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 7:36 PM

Thats the Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel in Vancouver in the pic I posted. And I'm racking my brain trying to remember the name of the company that put the cap (I'll call it) on it.

I remember kinda stumbling upon them by accident several years ago and I don't know if they are even around anymore. All I can remember about them was that they were based in Vancouver. And they were a public company that traded on the stock exchange at the time.

They specialized in these types of fixtures for the top of buildings. I recall they had a rather extensive portfolio of buildings that they had done throughout North America.

Can't for the life of me remember their name. With the beveled roof they have on Tower lll in Regina. Something like they have on the Vancouver Sheraton would really look way cool!

Nice looking tower at any rate.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan