HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:19 PM
Leges Sine Moribus Vanae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
There's billions of christians on earth, they should all come visit this exhibit and spend their money here!
If we have something for the Christians and also the Jewish Museum on Independence Mall, I think it is high time we build a Buddhist Museum, Maybe a 2000 foot golden stupa?

Old Posted Today, 3:38 AM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
I haven't been in the city since early last September and probably won't have
the opportunity to do so again until the middle of this coming April but , I want
to thank you for reading and responding to my post . The contributions made by
you and other members of this site have helped educate me and once again , just
want to say , thank you ..........
No problem. Whether it's next week or next spring, the Friends of the Wanamaker Organ keeps a schedule on its website. That way, you always know when to wander in and hear its dulcet grandeur.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Today, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuylkill Ranger View Post
In front of the Gallery, on the north side of City Hall at Broad, and on the west side of City Hall at 15th and JFK to cite a few. In west coast cities, the "homeless" are usually peace loving young people; in Philly they are more hardened and tenured.
These people are yelling obscenities at tourists? You will see people loitering at some of those locations- not sure what you plan to do about that if they aren't committing criminal acts. I understand you likely don't want to see certain demographics hanging out downtown as it ruins the Disney like vibe- but if they aren't doing anything illegal they are allowed to be present. Sorry.

Old Posted Today, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
These people are yelling obscenities at tourists? You will see people loitering at some of those locations- not sure what you plan to do about that if they aren't committing criminal acts. I understand you likely don't want to see certain demographics hanging out downtown as it ruins the Disney like vibe- but if they aren't doing anything illegal they are allowed to be present. Sorry.
I think most people are totally cool with people being bums. It's how the bums act that bothers them. Verbal and sometimes physical abuse is the norm for some folks.

Old Posted Today, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
everyone has anecdotes. Ive never seen a homeless person attack or go after a "regular" person. Ever. You have the clearly mentally ill homeless who don't even ask for money and wander the streets- unsightly and sad but not dangerous. Most of the folks who ask for money just sit with signs or hold up cups asking for change. I'm not sure what they do in other cities, but I don't call this unduly "aggressive". To be frank, anyone homeless that is overly loud or aggressive is clearly mentally ill and I have a hard time believing such people don't exist in other american cities.
You've been very lucky and fortunate you haven't had any incidents. I can't say the same - not even close, same goes for all my counterparts. I'd be happy to provide many many detailed stories offline if there is a desire to know - which I think some have their heads in the sand. Hell I think there was even a telemundo reporter that was attacked by city hall on live television not too long ago.

Last edited by PhillySteaks; Today at 7:11 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations