HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 13, 2005, 2:07 AM
devout Pizzatarian

^ awesome, i'm gonna go ahead and list it at 690' for now

good work victor.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2005, 12:02 AM

This article is from this weeks edition of Skyline News March 16-17 2005.

Today's New Homes/Pioneer Press

One Museum Park sets record as fastest selling residential project in Chicago

After its January 23 grand opening, One Museum Park sold more than 80 percent of its units, making it the fastest selling residential development in Chicago. Developed by the Enterprise Companies, One Museum Park will be located at the edge of Grant Park, adjacent to Lake Michigan and Museum Campus.

IMPACT ON THE SKYLINE
Soaring 61 stories above Grant Park and Lake Michigan, One Museum Park will offer 277 luxurious condominium residences. Construction is slated to begin this fall with first occupancies expected by late 2007.

"Due to the impact One Museum will have on the Chicago skyline, it was imparative for us to create a truly elegant, landmark-quality building," said Ron Shipka, Jr., a principal of the Enterprise Companies.

"Another primary goal was to provide every resident with not only spectacular views of the city, but also the guarantee that they'll be unobstructed forever."

Priced from the $400s, one-bedroom plus den residences offer up to 1,002 square feet. Two-bedroom-plus-den units include two baths and range in size from 1,425 and 1,700 square feet. Pricing for these homes starts in the $600s.

Three-bedroom, three-bath units begin in the $800s and offer between 1,821 and 2,917 square feet of living space. Highlighting floors 57 through 61, five penthouses offer over 7,000 square feet of living space.

Priced from $4.5 million, the posibilities to customize these full-floor residences are endless. Though easily accommodating up to six bedrooms and 6.5 baths, buyers may choose to create a wine room, media and entertainment center, chef's kitchen or art gallery.

LUXURIOUS AMENITIES
Each home features oversized living/dining rooms, gourmet kitchens, sumptuous master bathrooms and floor-to-ceiling windows. With the assistance of One Museum's professional interior designers, every buyer has the opportunity to custonize their home, utilizing finishes of the highest quality including imported Italian marbles, furniture quality cabinetry and custom millwork. The "Design Center Showroom" offers endless opportunities for luxury, turning each person's vision into a reality.

One Museum Park will provide residents with numerous hotel-style amenities including a full-survice concierge office and 24-hour doorman on duty to assist residents and greet their guests.

ONE MUSEUM PARK CLUB
Situated on the fifth floor, the "club" offers something for everything. It features a heated indoor lap pool as well as a professionally equipped fitness center, which includes seperate men's and women's locker rooms and a sauna. Additionally, a multi-purpose room is ideal for a yoga or Pilates class.

On those beautiful summer days, residents can take a dip in the outdoor pool or relax and savor the views from the spacious sundeck. And for entertaining, the "Owner's Club" boasts gracious gathering spaces with an adjacent restaurant-quality kitchen-perfect for hosting just about any kind of celebration.

THE LAKEFRONT NEIGHBORHOOD
The homes themselves are simply one reason why Museum Park has become a desirable lakefront neighborhood. Outside the door, residents have access to some of the best Chicago has to offer.

Staps away lay the world-class institutions of Museum Campus or the flower gardens at Grant Park. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the close proximity to the 20-mile lakefront path, perfect for jogging, biking or walking. Also, tennis courts and fields are three blocks away, and water lovers are only a short stroll to the beach.

"Being close to so much is what makes this a great neighborhood," shipka said. "Living at Museum Park presents you with an infinate variety of choices for recreation, shopping, supurb dining and entertainment. No other location offers so much."

For more information or to make an appointment, please call 312-363-0200 or visit the web site at www.onemuseumpark.com

Old Posted Apr 10, 2005, 11:56 AM

High-rise units by museums selling fast

April 10, 2005

BY BILL CUNNIFF Real Estate Reporter

Sales are soaring at One Museum Park, a 61-story condominium development near Michigan and Museum Campus. The high-rise will have 277 units.

"Since our Jan. 23 grand opening, we have sold more than 80 percent of the homes," said Ron Shipka Jr., a principal of Enterprise Companies, the developer.

One-bedroom units, with dens, start in the $400,000s. Sizes range from 959 to 1,002 square feet.

Two-bedroom condos, with dens, are priced from the $600,000s. Sizes range from 1,425 to 1,700 square feet.

Three-bedroom units, with 3 baths, begin in the $800,000s. Sizes range from 1,821 to 2,917 square feet.

Penthouses, on floors 57 through 61, are priced from $4.5 million.

"Due to the impact One Museum will have on the Chicago skyline, it was imperative for us to create a truly elegant, landmark-quality building," Shipka said. "Another primary goal was to provide every resident with not only spectacular views of the city, but also the guarantee that they'll be unobstructed forever." Floor-to-ceiling windows are standard.

Building amenities include heated parking, a heated indoor lap pool and a fitness center.

Construction is slated to begin this fall. First occupancies are expected by late 2007.

One Museum Park is part of Central Station. In 1994, Central Station began with the construction of townhomes. Since then, this lakefront neighborhood has boomed with the building of more town houses, high-rise condominiums, apartments and retail stores.

One Museum Park, 1259 S. Indiana, Chicago. Enterprise Cos., (312) 362-0200.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2005, 4:22 PM

"Another primary goal was to provide every resident with not only spectacular views of the city, but also the guarantee that they'll be unobstructed forever."

In that case, they'd better add another 30 floors.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2005, 6:36 PM

^ Well they're on the corner with the park to the north and east; city law prevents anything from being built between this building and the lake.
"Architecture is the art of balancing values: economic, aesthetic, public, private. It always involves compromise, and few architects would deny that the client's desires take precedence. But the best architects understand that they also have an obligation to the public welfare, no matter who is paying their bills. That often means investing time in educating clients rather than simply acceding to their desires."

- Nicolai Ouroussoff, New York Times

Old Posted Apr 10, 2005, 8:01 PM

I was at the sales center yesterday (incidentally checking out Museum park lofts II, the best of which were already sold), which was teeming with interested buyers.

Can't wait for this whole project to be completed, looking at their models and also imagining the other highrises going up (twelve55, Columbian, 1000 s. michigan, etc.) reveals a truly spectacular neighborhood and southern streetwell to grant park. Its even better consideriding the area south of around 15th approved for even more highrise development up to 300'. They can't build all this fast enough as far as i'm concerned.

The floorplans for those penthouse units at OMP are hilarious. 7200 square feet, 6 bedrooms plus a few studies, 7 baths. A master bathroom thats nearly as big as the apartment i live in now. The thought of getting about 8 friends together to go in on it crossed my mind.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2005, 10:49 PM

Is it just me or is this building way to BIG for museum park.

I mean I love the building but next to museum pointe and the other lofts and towers, this building is huge. Are they planning other towers next to it that are the same hieght.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2005, 11:37 PM
Vertigo City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2020
Is it just me or is this building way to BIG for museum park.

I mean I love the building but next to museum pointe and the other lofts and towers, this building is huge. Are they planning other towers next to it that are the same hieght.
Museum Park tower will be built with a 600 footer and two 500 footers nearby, along Roosevelt Rd.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2005, 11:40 PM

That makes sense

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel 33
Speaking of transit. I forgot to mention that the ugly-old Metra station sitting on the south end of Grant Park is also going to be replaced for a brand-new high-tech station. Not only this will be a new station but it's supposed to be the best Metra station of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivernorth
The Park District is apperently finalizing plans to deck over the tracks south of Congress Parkway. Im not sure if that will be from there to Roosevelt, or if it will go further south. Grant Park itself, however, will definatly be decked over. When i visited the sales center for Central Station a while back, the tracks that ran east of the project had segment of it that were decked over in the models, so i assume the park district and project planners will be working together to deck over the tracks all throughout the project as well. So in honesty, the tracks could be decked over from Randolph St, all the way to Soldier Field and beyond! That would be just amazing.
Does anyone have more details about either of these projects?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2005, 4:25 PM

The Next Great Neighborhood

The South Loop will be dramatically different once the big three are completed. Its an exciting time to be in Chicago. Hopefully the economy will not give out and many of these projects left on the drawing board because of it. But if all goes well the skyline will be very different by the end of this decade. Now the next important step for the south loop is the covering of the south shore metra tracks. Its seperates the park and is an eyesore for those living in the new condos above.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2005, 10:36 PM
"The World is my Oyster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel 33
Speaking of transit. I forgot to mention that the ugly-old Metra station sitting on the south end of Grant Park is also going to be replaced for a brand-new high-tech station. Not only this will be a new station but it's supposed to be the best Metra station of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivernorth
The Park District is apperently finalizing plans to deck over the tracks south of Congress Parkway. Im not sure if that will be from there to Roosevelt, or if it will go further south. Grant Park itself, however, will definatly be decked over. When i visited the sales center for Central Station a while back, the tracks that ran east of the project had segment of it that were decked over in the models, so i assume the park district and project planners will be working together to deck over the tracks all throughout the project as well. So in honesty, the tracks could be decked over from Randolph St, all the way to Soldier Field and beyond! That would be just amazing.
Does anyone have more details about either of these projects?

This was said during the Grant Park Advisory Council meeting that Steely Dan and I attended a few months ago. If I remember well, the meeting was back in November and they said this was going to take place sometime within the next two years.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 7:17 PM

The site from the east. (It's behind the first low fence, and abutting the viaduct on the right.)

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 8:49 PM

Are the railroad tracks on the bottom of the picture going to be covered?????

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 8:51 PM
Vertigo City

yes, they will be, all the way to 15th i believe

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 8:55 PM

I am curious what the cost would be for this.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 8:59 PM

Sweet

The view from both sides of lake shore drive around McCormick Place, Central Station, and Soldier Field is going to look so so beautiful in a couple of years.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 9:00 PM
Vertigo City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvidler
*shrugs* the city ain't paying for it, so whatever

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 9:08 PM

True, but it would give the city and idea of cost to cover the remaining tracks from Roosevelt to the Art Institute.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2005, 9:14 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvidler
probably so expenisive that it will never get done. my guess is that they'll go half ass on it and perhaps cover certain sections of trackage and create wide grass and tree planted bridges, but i think it will be prohibitively expensive to have all the ROW trackage completely covered.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive