HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 6:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
A Kent Distribution centre sign or a Kent store sign? Isn't there a massive distribution in in Caledonia Industrial Park now? I cannot see them putting a distribution centre so close to the one in Moncton. I will have to check this out this weekend!
I'm pretty sure he means a Kent store sign.

They are in fact clearing land next to the current distribution centre in the Caledonia Industrial Park, which I presume is for an expansion, although this has not been formally announced.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I'm pretty sure he means a Kent store sign.

They are in fact clearing land next to the current distribution centre in the Caledonia Industrial Park, which I presume is for an expansion, although this has not been formally announced.
There is a sign advertising for job at the distribution centre.

But as of Today, there is also a "Kent coming soon" sign. So I assume that the actual Kent store behind the Irving gas station will move there.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad View Post
But as of Today, there is also a "Kent coming soon" sign. So I assume that the actual Kent store behind the Irving gas station will move there.
Makes sense. The current loc is far too small.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 7:20 PM

Any sign of them starting the Kent store yet?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 10:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Any sign of them starting the Kent store yet?
Not yet.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2017, 1:33 PM

I've spoken to a guy that works at Kent in Shediac when I was there, he said that he would be surprise if they begin building before 2019, Shediac needs to build another water tower to accommodate them because of the water pressure is not good enough for their sprinkler system or something like that... He told me that this was all planned for Shediac to build another one but with Kent moving this might kick start the construction sooner.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtherio View Post
I've spoken to a guy that works at Kent in Shediac when I was there, he said that he would be surprise if they begin building before 2019, Shediac needs to build another water tower to accommodate them because of the water pressure is not good enough for their sprinkler system or something like that... He told me that this was all planned for Shediac to build another one but with Kent moving this might kick start the construction sooner.
I thought the water tower was used in the same way as other water towers In Moncton Dieppe, Riverview, and other cities, and towns it's used as a giant billboard to have your town, or cities name in large letters, and also as a secondary plan for water in case the reservoirs run to low.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2017, 6:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I thought the water tower was used in the same way as other water towers In Moncton Dieppe, Riverview, and other cities, and towns it's used as a giant billboard to have your town, or cities name in large letters, and also as a secondary plan for water in case the reservoirs run to low.
Keeping your water in a water tower is how you generate water pressure at your tap (gravity).

Your water comes from the water tower. It gets continually replenished by pumping it from the reservoir.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I don't mean to be rude but come on dude... seriously?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 7:08 PM

IS the highway 11/15 bypass nearing completion? The last time I was by, they had a long way to go to be open by the end of November.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 7:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
IS the highway 11/15 bypass nearing completion? The last time I was by, they had a long way to go to be open by the end of November.
They are making great strides, but there is still a long way to go.

I think a November 30th completion date is feasible, as long as the weather cooperates.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
They started the completion phase of the interchange project today. This also means they have re-routed traffic leaving Shediac to the Shediac road and back down the access ramp to highway 15. They have also opened the new section heading south from on highway 11 that connects to highway 15 so cars don't have to cross Shediac Road anymore when heading to Moncton. Traffic last night leaving Shediac was a mess and again this morning people seemed confused as to where they needed to go.

This is being done so they can connect the new traffic circle to Main street in Shediac which shouldn't take long as they have it completed up to the ramp heading in and out of Shediac already. Once that is connected they should be able to start the paving process and link everything up. They are also nearing the paving stage of the new overpass from highway 15 onto highway 11. I have no doubts they will be done by the end of the month barring a major snow storm between now and then, they have demonstrated throughout this project the willingness to work through some pretty extreme weather (I can remember last winter on some of the coldest days of the year and they were out there working away getting things done).

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 3:36 PM

RE the new highway 11 alignment here is a question I could figure out/ get an answer too. If I am coming from Cocagne headed south and want to go to Seaside Chev Olds how do I GET there. On the old road, or do I have to get on the new interchange/traffic Circle?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:05 PM

Quote:
RE the new highway 11 alignment here is a question I could figure out/ get an answer too. If I am coming from Cocagne headed south and want to go to Seaside Chev Olds how do I GET there. On the old road, or do I have to get on the new interchange/traffic Circle?
Once the work is completed you will get off at the Shediac exit on highway 11 and take the Scoudouc exit off the traffic circle.

Today you have to get on highway 15 and turn around at the Scoudouc overpass and come back towards Shediac.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 12:50 PM

Paving has started today on the overpass and the realigned road leading up to it.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 10:37 PM

The radio said 15 was backed up to at least the Soudouc exit tonight would this be due to the paving of the overpass/approaches to the new overpass over WB 15 headed to 11 North.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 12:23 PM

There was an accident near the new bridge, that was the traffic problem.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 1:27 PM

Curbing has been installed around the new traffic circle, work is progressing quickly. It seems like they are putting on the finishing touches before all the paving is done and things open. Right now they are working on the ramp from the traffic circle into Shediac and then they will complete the ramp going from the traffic circle to the Scoudouc. The end is near.
Also Main st. construction is supposed to be finished by the 24th, they have been installing sidewalk brick and are running the services on the last section this week. The town has been assured that work would be complete before the Santa Clause Parade which is schedule for Friday Nov 24th.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 11:04 PM

I read this 3 times from the NB Department of transportation website. Seems confusing, however it Appears the project is nearing completion.Closure of Route 11 Section
– Detour Phase III
November 16, 2017
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure wishes to advise the public that in order to finalize construction of the roundabout for the Twinning of Route 11, starting November 17th there will be traffic pattern changes to the detour that was put in place on September 7th.

Route 11 Northbound Lanes will be open to traffic. Northbound traffic on Route 15 Eastbound heading toward Miramichi and Shediac will continue straight on new Route 11 Northbound. Traffic heading to Shediac will Exit at Route 134 Interchange (Exit 2) to Route 134 and then turn left on Route 134 to Shediac.

Southbound traffic on Route 11 heading toward Scoudouc and PEI will continue straight on Route 11 Southbound and Exit at Scoudouc Interchange (Exit 26) to Eileen Street and continue to Route 15 Eastbound.

Southbound traffic on Route 11 heading toward Shediac will exit at Exit 2 for Route 134 and turn left on Route 134.

Route 15 Westbound traffic wishing to go north toward Miramichi will continue straight and Exit at Scoudouc Interchange (Exit 26) to Eileen Street and take Route 15 Eastbound and then continue straight to new Route 11 Northbound.

Route 15 Westbound traffic heading toward Scoudouc will Exit at Route15/Route11 Interchange (Exit 31A) and continue to Route 132 (Scoudouc).

Traffic from Scoudouc on Route 132 heading toward Miramichi will exit at Route 15/Route 11 interchange to Route 15 Westbound. Traffic from Scoudouc on Route 132 heading toward Shediac will exit to Route 15 Eastbound and then exit again at Parlee Beach Interchange (Exit 37) to Shediac.

Westbound Traffic on Main Street (Shediac) heading toward Scoudouc, Moncton, or PEI will turn right at the intersection on Route 133, and then turn left at the intersection of Route 133 and Route 134 to Route 134 Interchange. As well, Route 134 Southbound Traffic heading toward Scoudouc, Moncton, or PEI will turn right at the intersection of Route 133 and Route 134 to Route 134 Interchange.

Construction signs will be in place to indicate the detour route to the travelling public.

We regret any inconvenience and thank the public for their cooperation.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 12:35 AM

Where is the roundabout going? It was never on the original plans?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces