HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 7:13 PM

I agree that it would be better to have it more urban like, but I'd settle for this over the current parking lot.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 2:51 PM

I agree Orlando, but I hope Tony is right, and the city doesn't allow that particular concept with the surface parking. At the very least eliminate some of the over abundance of parking out in front of the Plaza. I do like the Plaza and fountain feature concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
I think it's more a concept at this point. I doubt the planning commission and city would allow it in that form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMK View Post
Freedom Plaza development to fill vacant lot near Provo Smith's

http://www.heraldextra.com/business/...KjNWi7Iw%3D%3D

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 12:48 PM

Demolition to begin at The Mix in Provo

The wait is almost over for work to begin on changing the old Plumtree Plaza strip mall into The Mix at River’s Edge. The Mix will start demolition at its property on the University Parkway this week.

After months of waiting, The Mix is moving forward with phase one of its multi-phase master plan with the removal of many existing buildings. The main focus at first will be around the old Lolo’s grocery store, Big O Tires, Taco Time and the Kyoto restaurant.

According to Colby Durnin, CEO of Sentinel Development, the Kyoto building is the first to come down, making way for a new Café Rio, the company’s flagship restaurant. The new Café Rio will be a larger restaurant and will add a drive-through, the first in the company’s chain...

...In addition to the demolition and build-out of a new Café Rio, phase one also includes a remodel of Olive Garden, which is in process, and the buildout of necessary infrastructure for future buildings at The Mix.

Existing businesses, including Olive Garden, Café Rio, Cafe Zupas, Wilson Diamonds, Jimmy John’s, and JCW’s, will stay open through construction.

“Construction on The Mix will be phased,” Durnin said. “Phase one includes updates to some of the existing restaurants, the new Café Rio location, and a new retail village. The additional phases, which include three office towers, market rate apartments, and a hotel is planned to begin in 2018. The entire project will take three-plus years to complete.”...

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 7:58 PM

Utah Valley Hospital's new structures named after philanthropists

Braley Dodson Daily Herald - Sep 20, 2017

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...a747568f0.html

...The 12-story patient tower, which will contain features such as the emergency department, operating rooms and larger patient rooms, has been named the Todd and Andie Pedersen Patient Tower. The nine-story outpatient building has been named the Sorenson Legacy Tower.

Todd Pedersen is the founder and CEO of Vivint SmartHome. The Sorenson Legacy Foundation, which is based out of Salt Lake City, was founded by the late James LeVoy Sorenson and his wife, Beverley Taylor Sorenson. James LeVoy Sorenson invented medical products, while Beverley Taylor Sorenson was an educational philanthropist.

The two towering buildings are the most externally visible parts of the Provo hospital’s replacement project, which has been in the works for about two years and will conclude in 2019...

Construction continues on the new patient tower and new out patient building for Utah Valley Hospital on Monday Sept. 18th, 2017 - Sammy Jo Hester, Daily Herald

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 4:18 AM

Provo Towne Centre

The 800,000-square-foot project will feature a 30,000-square-foot dining district, a 50,000-square-foot anchor tenant opportunity, an outdoor park, two 6,000-square-foot restaurants, a 100,000-square-foot office tower and 200 contemporary residential units.http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...8f6c9ddd3.html

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 11:23 PM

A new Medical School is proposed to open in Provo by 2021. It would be located in the northwest corner of the East Bay Golf-course, which would put it about 1,000 feet away from the East Bay BRT station.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...y-in-2021.html

http://www.sltrib.com/news/health/20...upporters-say/

Quote:
(Courtesy of Wasatch Educational) The company behind a proposal to build a medical school in Provo, Wasatch Educational, says the look and feel of the facility would be similar to this Auburn, Ala. campus of The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Quote:
Scott Bowles, general manager of the Provo Town Centre, said the shopping center is actively supportive of bringing the medical school to south Provo, an area of the city that he said needs "a punch in the arm" economically.

"Business attracts business," he said.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 5:22 PM

If the building were really going to be that attractive as pictured, and of that vintage, I would rather see it located somewhere in the downtown area. Also, a discreetly placed parking structure rather than acres of parking lot. That design would blend perfectly with much of the attractive historical already downtown.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatman View Post
A new Medical School is proposed to open in Provo by 2021. It would be located in the northwest corner of the East Bay Golf-course, which would put it about 1,000 feet away from the East Bay BRT station.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...y-in-2021.html

http://www.sltrib.com/news/health/20...upporters-say/

Oh man, shoot me first before they build that. That is one of the bad things about architecture in the south, is that they keep building retro-historical looking colonial buildings down there. Oh, and Delts, hell no to having it being built downtown.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 9:15 AM

The architecture doesn't bother me as much as the nonsensical parking lot pattern. Just looking at it makes my head hurt.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 5:16 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
The architecture doesn't bother me as much as the nonsensical parking lot pattern. Just looking at it makes my head hurt.
But... It looks cool in the CAD program.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West