HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHorns View Post
I really like that new rendering for City View Terrace. Let's hope it happens!
Me too! Very different from the routine designs we've been seeing.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellott View Post
may as well be Lufkin
That's a very snark remark to make.

Northeast Harris & Montgomery Counties are possibly the most under rated side of the Houston metro along with the East side along I-10.

I see that area becoming another Woodlands before its over with.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 4:01 AM
Ex Houstonian

My parents live in Porter but in a weird new crap McMansion suburban development that says Kingwood but it's not actually part of Kingwood. Other than the forests that are rapidly being chopped down for crap suburban hell I can assure you eastern Montgomery County and northern Harris County are crap full of crap throw away suburban houses and Rick Perry supporters.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
My parents live in Porter but in a weird new crap McMansion suburban development that says Kingwood but it's not actually part of Kingwood. Other than the forests that are rapidly being chopped down for crap suburban hell I can assure you eastern Montgomery County and northern Harris County are crap full of crap throw away suburban houses and Rick Perry supporters.
What exactly is so crap about The Woodlands? I'd love if you could elaborate because south Montgomery county is not only an affluent area but becoming more so by the day. Furthermore, not everybody agrees with your opinion considering how fast it's growing. And for the record, I'm a Trump supporter. After that, an anybody but a liberal supporter.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 4:42 PM

Speaking of the Woodlands:

Courtyard by Marriott - a new hotel is going up in Springwoods

Marriott hotel breaks ground in Springwoods Village

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 9:42 PM

Any news or rumors on block 98, the 40 story apartment adjacent to the Marriot Marquis?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2015, 10:27 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
That's a very snark remark to make.

Northeast Harris & Montgomery Counties are possibly the most under rated side of the Houston metro along with the East side along I-10.

I see that area becoming another Woodlands before its over with.
That I doubt.

Perhaps another Katy, Pearland or Sugarland but the Woodlands is becoming an economic hub which I don't see anywhere else (besides Houston obviously) rivaling.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
What exactly is so crap about The Woodlands? I'd love if you could elaborate because south Montgomery county is not only an affluent area but becoming more so by the day. Furthermore, not everybody agrees with your opinion considering how fast it's growing. And for the record, I'm a Trump supporter. After that, an anybody but a liberal supporter.
There's plenty of opportunity for your political stuff (and others as well) in the political threads under Current Events. This is one of the few threads that is usually not contentious.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
There's plenty of opportunity for your political stuff (and others as well) in the political threads under Current Events. This is one of the few threads that is usually not contentious.
Usually this thread is not contentious but once in every few moons someone goes batshit over this or that (not including the obligatory Houston vs Dallas/Austin arguments).

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 7:33 AM

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...s-despite.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJ
Houston apartment permit activity surges

Houston developers filed more permits for new apartment projects even as construction starts slow amid the oil slump, according to a new report.

Multifamily developers in the Houston metro area received 24,502 permits in the 12 months trailing April 2015 — the most recent data available. That represents a 33 percent increase from the 18,413 permits issued during the same time period last year.

In fact, Houston metro area ranked No. 2 in the country for the number of apartment permits issued over the 12 months trailing April 2015. Only New York City metro area had more permits, with 33,039 over the same time period.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 1:49 PM
Borneo Expat

Quote:
Photo started with the Rick Perry comment.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
That I doubt.

Perhaps another Katy, Pearland or Sugarland but the Woodlands is becoming an economic hub which I don't see anywhere else (besides Houston obviously) rivaling.
Perhaps not, but there is at least one Fortune 500 based in Kingwood (Insperity) and another (FMC Technologies) is moving into Generation Park.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 7:26 PM

Quote:
And for the record, I'm a Trump supporter.
We all have our faults.

Anyway, I got a look at the latest Fortune 1000 list. By my count, there are 56 Fortune 1000s in the Houston Metro area, which is more than just about every metro except New York, Chicago and one behind the San Francisco Bay Area. That other city further north which likes to claim it is a good place for businesses to relocate has perhaps 41 in the region.

This year's Fortune 500 marks the 61st running of the list

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 9:11 PM

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Nailed it.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
That I doubt.

I mean't in a faux urban, intermixed with nature sort of way.

A mature tree in those places would be considered an overgrown bush in TW or Kingwood.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 4:21 PM

Quote:
You need to keep your Liberal buds in check. He (Photolith) started it with the Rick Perry comment.

There is absolutely NO place for that here. I've already taken it upon myself to report him/her (Photolith) for the totally out of place for political jab.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 6:08 PM
Dryer lint inspector

We all have our political opinions but this thread is not the place to air them.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 6:13 PM
Ex Houstonian

Metro Matt, you realize that most posters on SSP are liberal right? Anyways, does anyone know when that tower in Kingwood is going to be built and what the chances of it getting built are?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You need to keep your Liberal buds in check. He (Photolith) started it with the Rick Perry comment.

There is absolutely NO place for that here. I've already taken it upon myself to report him/her (Photolith) for the totally out of place for political jab.
Yet you show up here to state you reported something that happened four days ago, and something they have clearly moved on from? Man, get outta here.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations