HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump View Post
as the world turns

http://www.richmond-news.com/news/ci...fer-1.23101834

City rejects Onni's compensation offer

"“(Maritime use zoning) would have been an amazing, amazing opportunity,” said Coun. Carol Day.
“What we’ve lost here is a marina, a community with a vibe, viable businesses that could contribute to the village of Steveston…we lost probably the most special harbour site improvement on the West Coast of Canada."

No. No one cares about maritime use zoning at all. Those are not viable businesses and would have pretty much no benefit to people walking around Steveston.

"Roston said he will recommend a different consultant to the city staff to revisit the assessment."

Must be taking a book out of the NDP handbook. When one consultant doesn't give you the answer you are looking for, keep hiring one until they do.
Well, unless you're a Steveston resident you don't really speak with any authority as to what they want. If not, it's just another SSPer who thinks developers can do no wrong. Go back and reread some of the comments from those in the know and see what they hint at regarding ONNI's reputation.

Personally I'm surprised they didn't go for the offer but it appears the City is bound and determined to teach them a lesson.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 1:23 AM

Richmond Council wants $5.5 million in community contributions from ONNI to allow rezoning of disputed Imperial landing property but ONNI refuses to offer more than $4.75 million:

http://richmond-news.com/news/city-a...ing-1.23127296

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 3:24 AM

I can't wait until "steveston updates" includes something other than onni and Richmond council.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 3:46 AM
See ya down under, mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Richmond Council wants $5.5 million in community contributions from ONNI to allow rezoning of disputed Imperial landing property but ONNI refuses to offer more than $4.75 million:

http://richmond-news.com/news/city-a...ing-1.23127296
The difference is the price of one condo unit...

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 3:33 AM

I was cleaning out my phone and found this photo of The Roderick under construction on the site of the old lumber yard in Steveston. I know some will cringe at the low rise form for a full-block site, but I think it is necessary to preserve the heritage character of Steveston. I'll be interested to see how it sells, as the units are large and start at just over $1 million. Apparently there will be a Save-On Foods underneath.

[IMG]Roderick by whatnextyvr, on Flickr[/IMG]

From their website: http://roderickliving.ca/

The RoderickLanding by whatnextyvr, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 4:42 AM

I hope someday there is a B-Line route that connects Richmond Centre with Steveston. It would be nice if it was easier to get to.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2018, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroundtheworld View Post
I hope someday there is a B-Line route that connects Richmond Centre with Steveston. It would be nice if it was easier to get to.
Actually transi connectivity is pretty good from Brighouse. I think the 401, 402, 407 and 410 all go to Steveston from there. Not express mind you.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley