HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted Jun 3, 2012, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Oh I'm well aware, I'm a born and raised maritimer (NB actually). I was just stating that I'm pretty sure they'd be able to at least survive in Halifax, as do several other chains... I agree it won't be the most happening place in town, but they'll find their clientele, the fax can support this easy.
I don't think it'll last long, there are already so many good local spots a chain just doesn't match up, and I agree with someone123, I don't go out to eat to stare at the female employees like some kind of perve and it just seems pointless.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Maybe I'm just a prude, but I go out to talk to friends and have good drinks and food, not to ogle service staff.

The Hooters gimmick wears off really quickly. They seem to do well in tourist areas (Niagara Falls, Hollywood, etc.) with a high turnover where people will go once to see what it's like. Dartmouth was probably not a good spot for something like that.
Hooters Dartmouth had a horrible location. If it was out in Bayers Lake or even Dartmouth Crossing it would have flourished. How many bars in there over the years????

Anyways throw arson in the mix, and you have no more hooters regardless of their location....

Tilted Kilt.. hope it comes. I likes me hot women waitresses!! Jacks and Moxys are a huge success, so there is no reason TK or even Hotters couldnt be, so long as they are in the proper location. Most normal guys like a bar / restaurant with hot watresses for eye candy and decent food, I know my friends and I do!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 11:08 AM

allns is reporting Cheesecurds expanding

opening new shop in Woodside called Haberno's Modern Taco Bar and looking to sign a lease in Burnside

Old Posted Jun 4, 2012, 7:14 PM
Urban Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby074 View Post
Tilted Kilt.. hope it comes. I likes me hot women waitresses!! Jacks and Moxys are a huge success, so there is no reason TK or even Hotters couldnt be, so long as they are in the proper location.
Jack Astor's and Moxie's don't brand themselves around boobs, and sometimes they even have male waiters. Sure, the waitresses might be young and attractive, but there is a difference between having an attractive staff and publicizing your servers' huge breasts. Most families feel comfortable going to Jack Astor's. I doubt anybody would take their young children to a place like Tilted Kilt.

I won't get into the details about why I am morally against these establishments, but I thought I'd point out the flaw in your logic.

Quote:
Most normal guys like a bar / restaurant with hot watresses for eye candy and decent food, I know my friends and I do!
:

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haligonia View Post
Jack Astor's and Moxie's don't brand themselves around boobs, and sometimes they even have male waiters. Sure, the waitresses might be young and attractive, but there is a difference between having an attractive staff and publicizing your servers' huge breasts. Most families feel comfortable going to Jack Astor's. I doubt anybody would take their young children to a place like Tilted Kilt.

I won't get into the details about why I am morally against these establishments, but I thought I'd point out the flaw in your logic.

:
Id have no problem taking my kids to a TK or Hooters. They share a commonality with Jacks and Moxies in that they have pretty, flirty girls, that dress somewhat proactively.

There is no flaw, heck they're only boobs!!

As a heterosexual male in the 25-35 demographic. I AM their target market. I wouldnt expect homosexuals to understand or even enjoy the experience on the same level for the same reasons I dont enjoy Reflections.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Id have no problem taking my kids to a TK or Hooters. They share a commonality with Jacks and Moxies in that they have pretty, flirty girls, that dress somewhat proactively.

There is no flaw, heck they're only boobs!!

As a heterosexual male in the 25-35 demographic. I AM their target market. I wouldnt expect homosexuals to understand or even enjoy the experience on the same level for the same reasons I dont enjoy Reflections.
I'm not a homosexual and I don't have much intrest in such places, if I want to see trashy women showing they're goods id go to a strip club. When I go out to eat or to have a few drinks I go out to be social with friends and to meet new people, not go out of my way to go to some chicks who get paid to be flirty.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormiermax View Post
I'm not a homosexual and I don't have much intrest in such places, if I want to see trashy women showing they're goods id go to a strip club. When I go out to eat or to have a few drinks I go out to be social with friends and to meet new people, not go out of my way to go to some chicks who get paid to be flirty.
Then DONT go if it's not your kind of place... Pretty simple eh?

The evidence that Jacks et al. are catering VERY WELL to their target demo is pretty obvious based on the line of people waiting at the door to get in on any given evening.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Then DONT go if it's not your kind of place... Pretty simple eh?

The evidence that Jacks et al. are catering VERY WELL to their target demo is pretty obvious based on the line of people waiting at the door to get in on any given evening.
What I'm saying is that there are better places that are local, thats why chains often fail in Halifax.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 3:41 PM

Regarding the MOTHERHOUSE
Not sure where this goes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...pment-mtg.html

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 3:55 PM

Interesting - nothing on their website yet though.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 5:52 PM

Truly Tasty dumpling and noodle shop open on Quinpool but kinda $$$

I Love Local HFX launched their new map yesterday

and Local Tasting Tours started up today with culinary walks

also the Trillium retail space is now full, now that thornbloom is moving in

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 10:08 PM

Finally!

Apple Store announced by Halifax Shopping Centre (via Facebook). Opening summer 2012.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 11:28 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Anyone been to Genji Sushi in Dartmouth? It's been open for a few months now and I've never been, but I hope it's successful as that area of Dartmouth could really use some nice businesses like that.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 1:43 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollistreet View Post
Regarding the MOTHERHOUSE
Not sure where this goes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...pment-mtg.html
It states a density of 4,000 residents per 25 hectares (61.8 acres). So that is 65 people per acre. Pretty good density and close to the peninsula.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 3:19 AM
積屍氣冥界波

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Anyone been to Genji Sushi in Dartmouth? It's been open for a few months now and I've never been, but I hope it's successful as that area of Dartmouth could really use some nice businesses like that.
It's not bad.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 3:29 AM
Dartmouth Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SekishikiMeikaiHa View Post
It's not bad.
Oh.. my... god.. lol I'm going to have to give this place a try...

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 5:02 AM
Volatile Pacivist

Wow, looks pretty tempting! Was it quite expensive?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 5:39 AM
積屍氣冥界波

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Wow, looks pretty tempting! Was it quite expensive?
We had the all-you-can-eat dinner, $21.99 per person.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 6:13 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Those dishes look pretty nice as far as all-you-can-eat goes. There are some places here in Vancouver that are only $10 or so if you go later in the evening but they have a very high rice to filling ratio and they don't tend to give you stuff like roe. Looks like the soup has a mussel in it too. You wouldn't get that here but then again they are less common and less tasty on the West Coast, at least in my experience.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 6:34 AM
積屍氣冥界波

The soup is seafood udon.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General