HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 23, 2014, 8:20 PM
ARTchitecture

Any updates on this one? It's gotta be complete by now, the exterior at least.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2014, 9:27 PM

I know a couple who bought a unit. Their unit is painted, cupboards are going in this week. I believe they were originally told they should be able to move in in March but that's not going to happen. Likely some time in April. I don't have pictures but the fencing is still up. I think the exterior is basically finished, though.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 8:12 PM

It appears that no one has yet leased the four retail spaces on the front (Broad Street) side of Centre Square Place. RealtyOne was advertising these units on the back page of yesterday's Metro paper. According to MLS listing #494290, Units 105 - 108 are available for $26/square foot, and have been on the market for 14 days. These same four units are marked as sold on the CSP website.

Does anyone know more?

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
It appears that no one has yet leased the four retail spaces on the front (Broad Street) side of Centre Square Place. RealtyOne was advertising these units on the back page of yesterday's Metro paper. According to MLS listing #494290, Units 105 - 108 are available for $26/square foot, and have been on the market for 14 days. These same four units are marked as sold on the CSP website.

Does anyone know more?
I don't know any more other than when I spoke to a rep from Centre Square Place a few wks ago, they indicated that all the retail units were sold as well. She even speculated on what would be going in the spaces (Wine shop, Confectionary etc.) My hunch is, in fact, that they have been sold and the investor who bought them will lease them out to prospective businesses. However, only a guess on my part.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 9:57 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborider View Post
I don't know any more other than when I spoke to a rep from Centre Square Place a few wks ago, they indicated that all the retail units were sold as well. She even speculated on what would be going in the spaces (Wine shop, Confectionary etc.) My hunch is, in fact, that they have been sold and the investor who bought them will lease them out to prospective businesses. However, only a guess on my part.
That's my guess too. The developer likely wants to build, sell all aspects, and move on to the next project.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborider View Post
Thanks boborider and Nathan... I never thought that someone would buy all four units and then lease them out, but that makes a lot of sense.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 3:59 AM

Any picture updates?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2014, 2:17 PM

Is there any indication yet of who the main floor tenants will be?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 10:36 PM

Has this officially opened?

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
People started moving in a few weeks ago. Show suite is open by appointment I believe.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 11:09 PM

Centre Square Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
The Show Suite is open on Sunday afternoons from 2:00-4:00pm without appointment. They did have a couple of corner units on the 2nd floor (unfurnished) open for viewing when I visited three weeks ago.

The Show Suite (Unit 205) is $535,500.00 and is 1397 sq ft. The taxes on this unit are $2,640.00 annually and the monthly Condo Fee for this unit is $488.95 *
The show suite faces south - looking into the not-so-attractive walk-up apartment next door.
*This info is from the price list handed out at the open house.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Is there any indication yet of who the main floor tenants will be?
I noticed that one of the main floor rental spots is being renovated, not sure what it is but looks a bit funky, anyone have any intel on this?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 3:16 AM

Quote:
The Show Suite is open on Sunday afternoons from 2:00-4:00pm without appointment. They did have a couple of corner units on the 2nd floor (unfurnished) open for viewing when I visited three weeks ago.

The Show Suite (Unit 205) is $535,500.00 and is 1397 sq ft. The taxes on this unit are $2,640.00 annually and the monthly Condo Fee for this unit is $488.95 *
The show suite faces south - looking into the not-so-attractive walk-up apartment next door.
*This info is from the price list handed out at the open house.
How do you get into the building? Do you buzz the unit? Or are the doors just open?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
How do you get into the building? Do you buzz the unit? Or are the doors just open?
On the Sunday I went, there was a young lady in the lobby that let you through the security door and she tells you to take the elevator to the 2nd floor. If a door is closed on the 2nd floor that denotes a 'sold' suite. But if the door is open you can wander in and have a look around. There is a real estate agent in the show suite, which is furnished.

I would like to hear from others who have had a look. I think they are overpriced, but hey, that's because our land and construction costs are so high. The suites at The Gardens on Rose are equally pricey (I have yet to see their show suite). Both of these buildings have several unsold units, which may be one of the reasons why Capital Pointe hasn't gone ahead yet. Is there really a market in Regina for this many luxe condos?

Here's something to ponder: there's a 2 bedroom condo for sale at Roberts Plaza on the 15th floor that's going for $299,000. Sure, the building is 40 years old but it is a sample of better value for the money.

I am not in the market, but which would you rather purchase? A brand-new 1400 sq ft condo for $535,000 or a 40 year old condo of equal size, on a higher floor for $235,000 less?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 8:27 PM

Quote:
On the Sunday I went, there was a young lady in the lobby that let you through the security door and she tells you to take the elevator to the 2nd floor. If a door is closed on the 2nd floor that denotes a 'sold' suite. But if the door is open you can wander in and have a look around. There is a real estate agent in the show suite, which is furnished.

I would like to hear from others who have had a look. I think they are overpriced, but hey, that's because our land and construction costs are so high. The suites at The Gardens on Rose are equally pricey (I have yet to see their show suite). Both of these buildings have several unsold units, which may be one of the reasons why Capital Pointe hasn't gone ahead yet. Is there really a market in Regina for this many luxe condos?

Here's something to ponder: there's a 2 bedroom condo for sale at Roberts Plaza on the 15th floor that's going for $299,000. Sure, the building is 40 years old but it is a sample of better value for the money.

I am not in the market, but which would you rather purchase? A brand-new 1400 sq ft condo for $535,000 or a 40 year old condo of equal size, on a higher floor for $235,000 less?
I was at the gardens on rose about a month ago. I thought they were overpriced and finishes were cheap. For example the walk in closet had wire shelving, balcony railings seem flimsy, and balcony lighting was cheap carriage looking lights. I would rather buy the roberts plaza condo and renovate it for alot less.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2015, 8:32 PM

Can anyone post some picture updates?

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM.

Old Posted May 1, 2015, 9:05 PM

Any update regarding main floor retail tenants yet?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan