HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 14, 2016, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Very nice.

Rue du Marche will be a very elegant little street when all these projects are complete. This is an indication of what downtown Dieppe could become.

Downtown Moncton had better watch their rear view mirror......
There's also potentially quite a few great properties on Amirault becoming available (some speculation on my part).

1. Vacant land on the corner of Champlain/Amirault: I've never really seen this listed but it's a prime spot. I believe the ground was quite contaminated from the old gas station when they redeveloped the intersection. Maybe that has something to do with it.

2. Art Shack has been for sale for some time and was recently reduced.

3. Chien Chic has closed indefinitely within the past couple of weeks. A sad story if you are familiar with it. The building is not listed, but there are no indications the business will reopen at this point.

4. Large lot that has been for sale for some time.

5. This building has been vacant for months. It was most recently a very shady pawn shop.

6. The house next door has also been vacant (I believe) for a long time. I'm wondering if both properties are a package. I haven't seen any listings for either property but they are both pretty big eyesores IMO in a prime location.

Time for some sleuthing.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 12:02 PM

Tallest building in Dieppe gets the go-ahead
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tel...476/?nopromo=1
Quote:
Dieppe city council will amend its municipal plan and a bylaw governing building heights to accommodate an almost $30-million investment that will see a 150-unit apartment building constructed on Sunset Street beginning this summer.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2016, 10:46 PM

Chien Chic will reopen the end of June supposedly after some staff and ownership shuffling.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 1:29 AM

You are correct that #1 was/is badly contaminated. I recall about a decade ago they gave up trying to remediate it. I wonder if anything can ever be built on it? I remember it was deemed to be so bad that it wasn't worth cleaning it up, which would cost much more the land's worth.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
You are correct that #1 was/is badly contaminated. I recall about a decade ago they gave up trying to remediate it. I wonder if anything can ever be built on it? I remember it was deemed to be so bad that it wasn't worth cleaning it up, which would cost much more the land's worth.
Honestly if it's that contaminated they should just consider turning it into a park or put in some kind of statue or memorial for something, I think it would look good there right on the corner and the land around it can still be developed and it can just stay as a small park. Make it something thinh stands out and screams Acadie, it would be suitable for dieppe (I mean this on a good way)

Old Posted Jun 16, 2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Is there no way to hold someone accountable? Like MonctonCore said, a commemorative park os some sort could be a viable option.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2016, 12:24 AM

Amirault dental clinic (former Caisse Populaire)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
Drove by tonight and noticed on their led sign in the rotation appeared to be a picture of the new building.
There is a sign now on the construction fence, I didn't had a chance to take a picture, but the rendering shows a restaurant in the back of the building also.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2016, 7:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I'm putting this here, because it's not really retail, but this business will apparently be opening in the Champlain Plaza (phase 2) across from Champlain Place early this fall.

Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park

https://www.facebook.com/Sky-Zone-Di...92959/?fref=nf

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 12:58 AM

Centre Ville Dieppe Downtown

On my way to get my fix of chicken/poutine at Fourneau Acadien, I took five minutes to shoot some pictures of downtown Dieppe.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 11:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It would appear that they are starting work on the new outdoor skating oval in behind Dieppe City Hall.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
It would appear that they are starting work on the new outdoor skating oval in behind Dieppe City Hall.
I thought they started nearly a month ago when the fencing went up around the hotel, but I may be mistaken. I often have lunch at Place 1604 and there seemed to be some activity there since then.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 4:07 PM

The steel is now going up for the building at Amirault/Chartersville.

Also in this week's Etoile newspaper it said the city has funding put aside and has agreed to hire a consortium to look at the initial stages of replacing the Centennial/Centennaire arena.

My personal opinion is that there's a good chance they add another ice surface (or two) to the Arthur J Leblanc facility. There's lots of space there that they use regularly for extra parking during festivals etc.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 4:34 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
The steel is now going up for the building at Amirault/Chartersville.

Also in this week's Etoile newspaper it said the city has funding put aside and has agreed to hire a consortium to look at the initial stages of replacing the Centennial/Centennaire arena.

My personal opinion is that there's a good chance they add another ice surface (or two) to the Arthur J Leblanc facility. There's lots of space there that they use regularly for extra parking during festivals etc.
Wasn't the LeBlanc facility originally supposed to be converted to a 4-surface but Dieppe balked at the cost? The Centenaire is a woefully old structure and is in definite need of replacing. Dieppe would be wise to replace it with another two or three surfaces to match demand in the area.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 4:54 PM

^^^ I believe you're right about the initial plan but they almost have no choice now. Ice time in Dieppe is hard to come by and the hockey program has even merged with Memramcook to max out the rink there. For parents of young hockey and ringuette players, driving 20-30 mins out to Memramcook at 7:00am on weekends on dark icy roads is not ideal.

Just replacing the Centennial doesn't put them any further ahead so I think either a double rink facility will be built at the same location or in the Dieppe Blvd area, or the more logical option to me would be to expand the Arthur J to 4 pads. It makes sense since the rotary park is right there as well which has all the ball fields, velodrome, ski trails etc. All your athletic facilities are centralized.

The Centennial arena is ancient. It's not even close to being regulation size for anything, the dressing rooms are comically small and ridiculously layed out (some in L shapes where you can't even see the other end of the room), and there are safety issues as well. There's still the old chicken wire behind the nets instead of glass that's easy to get caught up in.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 7:56 PM

Back when my Dad was playing for CCNB (Feels like an Eternity) there where plans to replace Centennial Arena with a 2 ice surface but there was the issues of the baseball field right behind the building, and the Tennis courts beside the ice rink, and there where already talks about turning Arthur J. Leblanc Centre into a 4 Ice with other sports facilities. Almost like the CN Sportsplex just not as many fields.
The only reason I know of this was because My dad played Hockey, and was the guy who did everything that had to do with renting the Ice surfaces for the Team. He was also the assistant coach for My Older brothers baseball team when he was a kid. So they would keep being notified of potentially new services but all the plans seemed to have gone bust when Dieppe started growing there residential.

As for the chicken wire it was supposed to have been changed to glass way before that time so it makes if both funny, and sad in a way that it has not.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Back when my Dad was playing for CCNB (Feels like an Eternity) there where plans to replace Centennial Arena with a 2 ice surface but there was the issues of the baseball field right behind the building, and the Tennis courts beside the ice rink, and there where already talks about turning Arthur J. Leblanc Centre into a 4 Ice with other sports facilities. Almost like the CN Sportsplex just not as many fields.
The only reason I know of this was because My dad played Hockey, and was the guy who did everything that had to do with renting the Ice surfaces for the Team. He was also the assistant coach for My Older brothers baseball team when he was a kid. So they would keep being notified of potentially new services but all the plans seemed to have gone bust when Dieppe started growing there residential.

As for the chicken wire it was supposed to have been changed to glass way before that time so it makes if both funny, and sad in a way that it has not.
They are going to relocate the baseball fields to lakeburn to accommodate for a new 2 surface arena. They are supposed to move the baseball fields before the end of summer and I didn't look but I think the land is being cleared already in lakeburn.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonguy19 View Post
They are going to relocate the baseball fields to lakeburn to accommodate for a new 2 surface arena. They are supposed to move the baseball fields before the end of summer and I didn't look but I think the land is being cleared already in lakeburn.
This answered 2 questions I had. I got a physical copy of Dieppe's "NEW" Master Plans that includes Parks, and sports areas, and was going to ask why Dieppe added a park almost in the middle of Lakeburn.

I was also looking it seems the city might be doing some work at Dover Park, and also they seem to be trying to add possibly 4-5 new Parks with trails Potentially larger then Dover park but smaller then St-Anselme park. Not counting neighborhood parks.

Also like to post this one here:
http://www.dieppe.ca/en/visiterdieppe/webcamback.aspx

Old Posted Jul 9, 2016, 8:26 PM

Received an email from TriStar Mercedes Benz and noticed this at the bottom:

TriStar Fine Cars is growing - 2nd location opening in Dieppe, Spring 2017

Old Posted Jul 9, 2016, 8:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleben View Post
Received an email from TriStar Mercedes Benz and noticed this at the bottom:

TriStar Fine Cars is growing - 2nd location opening in Dieppe, Spring 2017
Well, this certainly solves the mystery of mmmatt's unknown building lot on Aviation Avenue.

This is located just to the east of the Moncton Acura dealership.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2016, 1:56 PM

I was in Dieppe yesterday for probably the first time I can remember (Playing Ingress and wandering around). What amazed me was all the new construction I saw; so much of the city was new, or looked new and modern that it practically had a New Car smell to it. All in all, a beautiful city that is obviously still growing fast.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces