HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 24, 2015, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwolf View Post
Well it is nice, I've never lived in such a complex so it will be new to me. Mosiac "said" that the fire/ems don't turn on the sirens until they are out to Airport Blvd now. My unit will be facing Ragsdale St so I sure hope they did not lie on that one. They said the fire/ems have learned and been asked to do that since Mueller is no longer an airport and its now mostly residential. I have had to sleep with ear plugs because of barking dogs before so I can do it again I guess. It's only a year so i can move again if need be.
They're not lying. Within Mueller, they run silent (same for police), on Airport they run with sirens.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2015, 8:35 PM
Meh

They run silent in all residential neighborhoods. They only turn them on when they're on a main street, even if it borders some residential. We have a fire station a quarter mile from us up the hill, and there have been times when I could hear them leave the station and get closer and closer, and then they'd turn off their siren as they turned into our neighborhood and usually came down our street since our's is the first one you come to and is the longest one in our neighborhood.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2015, 11:19 PM

I went out today to take some pics.

Last edited by JoninATX; Jul 27, 2015 at 6:55 AM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:30 PM

New Apts Coming To Mueller

AMLI and Greystar to add more apartments to Mueller community.

AMLI Details:
• 318 units on four floors
• 48 units reserved for Mueller’s Affordable Homes Program
• Groundbreaking anticipated Q4 2015 and scheduled to open Q1 2017
Greystar Details:
• 201 units for active adults (age 55+) on four floors
• 30 units reserved for Mueller’s Affordable Homes Program
• Groundbreaking anticipated Q4 2015 and scheduled to open Q4 2016

http://www.muelleraustin.com/uploads...nc-release.pdf

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
AMLI and Greystar to add more apartments to Mueller community.

AMLI Details:
• 318 units on four floors
• 48 units reserved for Mueller’s Affordable Homes Program
• Groundbreaking anticipated Q4 2015 and scheduled to open Q1 2017
Greystar Details:
• 201 units for active adults (age 55+) on four floors
• 30 units reserved for Mueller’s Affordable Homes Program
• Groundbreaking anticipated Q4 2015 and scheduled to open Q4 2016

http://www.muelleraustin.com/uploads...nc-release.pdf
Does anybody know when they will announce the Tower District development? I suspect only after the Town Center stuff is ramped up, but it would be good to confirm.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 2:34 AM
World Traveler

I'd love to see some more photos of the Mueller area if any of you folks who live in the area could swing by - much obliged.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Matt View Post
Does anybody know when they will announce the Tower District development? I suspect only after the Town Center stuff is ramped up, but it would be good to confirm.
I think that is a safe assumption, although there may be some action across Berkman from the tower, south of the Pecan Street Project.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
I'd love to see some more photos of the Mueller area if any of you folks who live in the area could swing by - much obliged.
I'll snap a few when I get home from work today. There's been a few changes (namely road extensions being leveled out), but nothing that's really picture-worthy. I'll also show exactly where these two new apartments are going.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 12:09 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
I'll snap a few when I get home from work today. There's been a few changes (namely road extensions being leveled out), but nothing that's really picture-worthy. I'll also show exactly where these two new apartments are going.
Thanks!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 3:01 AM

Cool 9.3 Update

A little update on the older/west side of AMLI along with developments up north. I'll do another update of east side, including Berkman extension and housing builds, another day.

1. AMLI at Mueller - Bribery Bakery has started construction. I believe target is end of year (don't quote me on that)

2. Road Extensions - Aldrich, Page, and a few other streets are being cut out to accomodate the new Alamo Drafthouse, new apartments, and other future development between Dell Children's and HEB.

3. New AMLI/Greystar Apartments - This is the approximate location where they will be building these two new complex. Greystar to the west/left and AMLI to the east/right IIRC.

4. Unknown Construction at Mattie/McBee - There's been some excavating/leveling activity along this corner. According the master plan, this land should house a multi-family complex that butts up directly to the Thinkery parking garage, hence the plain gray walls. I, unfortunately, have no idea what exactly they're doing though.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 6:18 AM
World Traveler

Thanks. That performing arts center looks a bit goofy in the middle of a field by itself - at least from that angle. It'll be nice when things pop up around it.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=jbssfelix;7153002]A little update on the older/west side of AMLI along with developments up north. I'll do another update of east side, including Berkman extension and housing builds, another day.

1. AMLI at Mueller - Bribery Bakery has started construction. I believe target is end of year (don't quote me on that)

2. Road Extensions - Aldrich, Page, and a few other streets are being cut out to accomodate the new Alamo Drafthouse, new apartments, and other future development between Dell Children's and HEB.

Almost all of the streets in the Town Center are under construction. That means the Town Center Park and some other buildings are probably not far behind.

3. New AMLI/Greystar Apartments - This is the approximate location where they will be building these two new complex. Greystar to the west/left and AMLI to the east/right IIRC.

Greystar is to the east, facing Berkman. AMLI II is to the west between Page and Aldrich.

4. Unknown Construction at Mattie/McBee - There's been some excavating/leveling activity along this corner. According the master plan, this land should house a multi-family complex that butts up directly to the Thinkery parking garage, hence the plain gray walls. I, unfortunately, have no idea what exactly they're doing though.

I suspect this is just AMLI cleaning up their construction staging area. [UNQUOTE]

Last edited by H2O; Sep 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Attempted to close quote, but failed

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 3:03 PM

Great rundown jbss, thanks.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 5:36 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

I was in that area a couple of weeks back driving around and I must say it has grown on me. We've spent many a page on this thread discussing what they could have done differently, and granted not everyone will be satisfied in any event, but given what is there now and given that this could have been a whole lot worse I think it's turning out well.

I think the layout is nice. Love the urban feel of the houses with the tree lined streets. That park with the pond and fountain has a really cool view of the skyline which is an angle that you don't normally see unless your in that area. Gonna plan to go over there and take some pictures later this Autumn.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new sections turn out.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
I was in that area a couple of weeks back driving around and I must say it has grown on me. We've spent many a page on this thread discussing what they could have done differently, and granted not everyone will be satisfied in any event, but given what is there now and given that this could have been a whole lot worse I think it's turning out well.

I think the layout is nice. Love the urban feel of the houses with the tree lined streets. That park with the pond and fountain has a really cool view of the skyline which is an angle that you don't normally see unless your in that area. Gonna plan to go over there and take some pictures later this Autumn.

The view will probably keep me in this apartment for another lease year. It's really amazing looking out at night and seeing the skyline from here.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 1:58 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
The view will probably keep me in this apartment for another lease year. It's really amazing looking out at night and seeing the skyline from here.
That had to have been in June or May, right? Early July at the latest. I was gone for June and May so I missed the rain, but the insanely deep and pervasive green were still in effect when I returned in the first week of July, and it blew me away. Made everything look so friggin good. You have a fantastic view. It's great to see so much greenery out your window, and have the skyline in the distance. In a way, you get the best of both worlds.

The sky is gorgeous in all your pics. I lived in California for 32 of 34 years prior to moving to Texas, and the sky out there is so boring compared to here. It tends to be an unbroken blue, or an unbroken gray, or a fuzzy white-blue-gray. In all cases it's featureless and flat. The sky here has tremendous depth, power, and majesty, at least on days when it's not hazy/smoggy/smokey.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post

Agree completely. Urban high-rise living works for some resident profiles, but there are trade-offs living in dense areas. After initially being negative about Mueller, I changed course completely and will be moving from a high rise to Mueller for many of the reasons you listed. Is it the perfect urban form? It's close, certainly the closest attempt in Austin, and it's giving the old central Austin neighborhoods a run for their money in many ways.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2015, 4:11 PM

The roads on the north and west sides of the parking garage were ready for paving like two weeks ago when riding my bike around.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2015, 3:01 PM

It's pretty much been ready for paving since early July. In my experience they tend to wait a while with paving, but usually they have it done in a few weeks so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of a timeframe.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 4:32 PM

Quick update.

Bribery Bakery at AMLI is wrapping up construction (I'll try to remember to get a pic when I get home tonight) and should be done by end of year. Opening is now estimated for early January.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin