HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 30, 2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiederi View Post
Yeah, it's for one of the boutique hotels at Echelon, either Delano or Mondrian. They'll be on the extreme south edge of the Echelon site.
it is actually for the Echelon parking garage.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 5:18 PM

Really? I don't think I've ever seen them use a tower crane on a parking garage. Interesting.

Had to cross the north side of the valley yesterday so figured I'd snap a shot of Aliante.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 5:48 PM
Closed account

^Ummm Toto, I don't think were at Red Rock anymore.^

Old Posted Jan 31, 2008, 6:07 PM

from vegastipping:

MGMMirage Donates Perishable Food From Monte Carlo To Las Vegas Food Bank

A footnote to a Monte Carlo Fire Update on the Las Vegas Sun website states that MGMMirage donate six thousand pounds of perishable food items from various restaurants and other dining establishments inside of the Monte Carlo to Three Square Food Bank in Las Vegas.

Props to MGMMirage for having the forethought and generosity to give the food to those in need as opposed to taking the easy road to the dumpster. Very very cool.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 12:04 AM

Some two week old pictures of the Fontainebleau from an interesting perspective.

From across the street at Sky:

The elevator cores from the same perspective:

And finally, the sales center across the street:

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 12:11 AM

Not sure if anyone caught this but looks like the Travelodge on the strip is not going to give up their little lot very easily to MGM. The Travelodge sits wedged between MGM's Circus Circus and MGM's new land purchase next to Sky. It seems reasonable that MGM must have offered them something reasonable for that piece. Anyway, looks like they are remodeling the motel and putting in some retail shops.

Here's the pic:

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 8:20 AM
Everywhere all at once

We might be past this topic already.....but I can't help thinking that the fire at the Monte Carlo might just have been the most perfect accident. Finally, the greater gods of gambling have sent a sign to MGM-Mirage, telling them to REMODEL THE MONTE CARLO!!!

Sidenote: Isn't it so entertainingly ironic that the original strip, now known as the North Strip, is the current hotbed for development, with some of the tallest buildings in the city going up? ...and on top of that, the resorts down on the South Strip are starting to seem a bit ....dare I say, aged? Only Vegas resorts are in danger of such notions merely 10 to 15 years into their lifetimes.

What an outstanding reincarnation for the North Strip, and it's awesome how the hot resorts of the 90s are keeping with the times quite well....maybe they won't necessarily be imploded in 50 years, but then again, who knows? After all, Vegas is truly the city of trend and fad.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but Las Vegas is absolutely a fascinating place to me.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 10:44 AM
need input!!!

That Travelodge is one of the oldest remaining buildings on the strip.

No mater how old the photo, it's there

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 7:08 PM

MGM Signature awarded #1 hotel in the U.S. Go Vegas
http://www.tripadvisor.com/pdfs/tca/...Awards2008.pdf

Last edited by bobmcelligott; Feb 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM. Reason: Photo didn't come through

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 8:30 PM

^^^^ that ravel lodge photo in '62 is amazing - rare to see the saharah under construction....wow....

speaking of monte carlo...someone should get a picture of it now....they jumped on fixing the thing...there is already new insulation panels ups. you cant see any of the charred facade...looks like a band-aid on the building.

sad to say that i think the monte carlo is NOT going 'under the knife' (with a complete renovation) just getting stitches. haha

city center main tower is large..you can now see the distinct 2 towers that rise from one large one....is it me or is cosmo taking forever to get up in the air? since they were done with the parking garage underground, youd think the towers would boom up.

also encore is almost done with its swoop - palms place has no more crane and panorama tower 3 is getting up there. its looking nice albeit a wall blocking the other 2 towers from views to the north.

echelon is just as much a mess as city center (a year ago) cranes everyewhere..and it doesnt help that fountain bleau is across the street- its like city center (now)

gateway las vegas (remember that one?) i saw last night on the city counsel channel that they redesigned it - much taller ---it looks kinda like- i want to say conrad...or the plaza....skinny and long....there was a nice rendering shown...it was interesting to watch---they had 100 fewer parking spaces than units and one commissioner would refuse to approve the project because of this, but the rest approved it despite this---they beleive 'mass transportation' will solve this problem......

Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 8:32 PM

in the fountain bleau photo - you can clearly see the balcony along the tower that is about 5 floors from the bottom - this is so people can over look the pool

Old Posted Feb 2, 2008, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
gateway las vegas (remember that one?) i saw last night on the city counsel channel that they redesigned it - much taller ---it looks kinda like- i want to say conrad...or the plaza....skinny and long....there was a nice rendering shown...it was interesting to watch---they had 100 fewer parking spaces than units and one commissioner would refuse to approve the project because of this, but the rest approved it despite this---they beleive 'mass transportation' will solve this problem......
Uh...the monorail doesn't go anywhere and people that have cars generally avoid the CAT bus. Also, I don't see what should have been done in the first place (a subway under Las Vegas Blvd. w/stations connection to the main entrances of the resorts) ever happening because of the utter failure of the monorail.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2008, 9:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishordie View Post
No one is bailing. When the project gets built we owners are going to be very very happy.... Unless you signed up with the management company... It is going to be stunning.
Hi, I'm not sure I understand you on this - are you referring to the rental agreement the Cosmo put together for renting the units? If so what's the negative impact?

Speculating here, but if the developer drops out then either the existing contracts will be null and void or another developer will pick up the agreements?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2008, 5:34 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcelligott View Post
MGM Signature awarded #1 hotel in the U.S. Go Vegas
http://www.tripadvisor.com/pdfs/tca/...Awards2008.pdf

Hate how the third tower is so off-course. Bleh.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2008, 10:46 PM

Question 3.0?

Whatever happened to thread post limits?

Will there be a Las Vegas Boom! Project Rundown 3.0?

Cheerio!

Old Posted Feb 2, 2008, 11:27 PM
Endless Moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazfingr View Post
That Travelodge is one of the oldest remaining buildings on the strip.

No mater how old the photo, it's there

Amazing how much has changed so quickly. Very Kewl...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 1:32 AM

Indeed Congratulations to MGM Signature. #1 Ranking in entire US for TripAdvisor is impressive to say the least. I have stayed there and in my book just the non-smoking aspect plus the sliding glass door/balcony/fresh air into the room was a BLESSING in Vegas. To have the fresh air whipping through the entire room and the hotel non-smoking was awesome. The rest of the hotel was pure class as well.

That photo captures the area where the new 'Ultra Pool' is going to be located at MGM. That is going to take it all up a notch. Pool meets Ultra Lounge.

Thank you Mark 'The Artist' for the Cosmo reference! I forgot I posted that. Not sure if I was right that Cosmo may be delayed. But I think we all know realistically that behind the scenes some of the big guys are sweating bullets. That includes all the big banks, MGM-Mirage (who was forced to go out of country to find someone to fund CityCenter for them), Cosmo of course, Turnberry FountainBlue certainly and of course Plaza et. al must be watching credit markets very closely. $5 billion is a lot of money for anyone these days with the financing as it is.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:35 AM

I think I remember they said the thread post limit got boosted to 10,000 a few months ago when they moved the forum to a better server.

I heard there was a little fire at the Riviera today and they evacuated. But it was small and put out pretty quick and everyone was allowed back in already.

There's glass on Fountaineblaeiou now (first two shot from a penthouse at Turnberry).

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 3:37 AM

I believe the acceptable alternate spelling is Fountainblaeiouy - or was that Fountainblow like the French say?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 4:13 AM
need input!!!

yeah!!! Glass on Flouontioaningbloiouy

Last edited by jazfingr; Feb 3, 2008 at 4:23 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations