HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 5:58 PM

Here is a link to a demolition timelapse video of the Navy Broadway Complex (at least the main building)...I haven't been downtown recently to see how much progress they have made with the smaller building this was filmed from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WezyRGaEpZI

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 9:54 AM

I find Civita to be a missed opportunity to actually build a neighborhood where retail, restaurants, etc occupy the ground floor of residential buildings. Instead, it’s just all residential throughout the area. A friend of mine lives in Frame & Focus and every time I go visit I get sad that even though it’s kinda walkable, there aren’t any retail options. You have to cross the street to the complex where that Ralph’s is at.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 7:48 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan in Clairemont View Post
Here is a link to a demolition timelapse video of the Navy Broadway Complex (at least the main building)...I haven't been downtown recently to see how much progress they have made with the smaller building this was filmed from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WezyRGaEpZI
This is neat. Now if only they could fine investors...

Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 7:50 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerellO View Post
I find Civita to be a missed opportunity to actually build a neighborhood where retail, restaurants, etc occupy the ground floor of residential buildings. Instead, it’s just all residential throughout the area. A friend of mine lives in Frame & Focus and every time I go visit I get sad that even though it’s kinda walkable, there aren’t any retail options. You have to cross the street to the complex where that Ralph’s is at.
Eh. It doesn't bother me so much, mainly because they still have walkable access to retail now, and there is going to be a major retail component built eventually within the project. Plus I'm not sure what types of retail would be viable besides convenience stores at this point.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 2:11 AM

>>> fencewatch 2017/18 <<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfishy View Post
I drove by that lot today and noticed it was fenced off. Last time I drove buy it, there was no fence. Then again, the California Theatre has been fenced off for over a year with no sign of construction, so who knows if it means anything.
The fence around Broadway Block has been extended to enclose more space on 8th and 7th avenues.

Also, I noticed a fence around 11th and Broadway.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 3:20 AM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by embora View Post
The fence around Broadway Block has been extended to enclose more space on 8th and 7th avenues.

Also, I noticed a fence around 11th and Broadway.
Haha fencewatch

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 4:19 AM

There's been a fence around Park/C/Broadway for how many years now?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 2:16 AM

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 10:50 PM
Frequent Lurker

Excellent pictures Boatguy!

In North County coastal news, a coastal hotel in Encinitas appears to be back:

Coastal timeshare project resurfaces after decade on hold
Barbara Henry
November 27, 2017
San Diego Union-Tribune Article

Quote:
A proposal to put a hotel timeshare project on one of the last remaining vacant coastal bluffs in Encinitas is being revived a decade after it was knocked back by the Great Recession.

"We're moving forward," Dan Reedy, manager and member of Surfers Point LLC, said Tuesday as he discussed his long-delayed development proposal.

Plans call for the construction of three buildings containing a total of 26 hotel-like, timeshare units, plus a club house, a pool and a spa on the nearly 2-acre site on the northeast corner of La Costa Avenue and Coast Highway 101.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 5:11 AM

I love the the blue/grey look the skyline has in those pictures. Gives it a really modern tone

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 11:00 PM

Beautiful photos

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 1:29 AM
Downtowner

New Bosa Tower

I love the new Bosa tower! Wish it and One America Plaza were at least 700'!

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 5:50 AM
Category Five

Yeah a 700 footer and a couple of 600 footers would really bring the skyline together

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 10:02 PM

Thought on the SDSU proposal? Seems like tax payer funded soccer city to me.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtell04 View Post
I'd rather see an epic college atmosphere here than a semi pro soccer team. Soccer city was a fun idea at first but I think most residents would lose interest after a few years.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 3:59 AM
Category Five

How many new classes and student housing does SDSU have?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtell04 View Post
I completely agree. As I remember it, SDSU's major complaints, and reasoning for backing out of the Socccer City plan, were stadium size and lack of space for campus growth. Now the SDSU plan ads about 5k seats to the stadium for an extra $100 million (a 67% increase) and very little classroom/campus space. I think FS can now argue two things...told you so and what gives?!

Also, the SDSU "plan" is really no more than a vision right now. They better give us more (legally binding) details or else it will be an easy vote for me next November.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 7:56 PM
SD/OC

As an outsider's opinion on this, I have some ill will toward SDSU after they did nothing to help fund their portion of an NFL stadium and are now trying to make a land grab and dictate terms on this piece of property to which they have no claim. Some of you may disagree with this viewpoint, but that is my perception of this. I say this as someone who dislikes Spanos and more recently, the NFL. I'm not a fan of giving money to Spanos by a longshot, but SDSU didn't make what happened any easier.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 11:50 AM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
As an outsider's opinion on this, I have some ill will toward SDSU after they did nothing to help fund their portion of an NFL stadium and are now trying to make a land grab and dictate terms on this piece of property to which they have no claim. Some of you may disagree with this viewpoint, but that is my perception of this. I say this as someone who dislikes Spanos and more recently, the NFL. I'm not a fan of giving money to Spanos by a longshot, but SDSU didn't make what happened any easier.
I'm an SDSU alum and I agree with this position. I don't like how entitled SDSU has come off on in this situation.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 7:45 PM
Babylon falling

The Block has begun demolition was just at Krisp market last night and its underway so hopefully BOSA can construct this and his other tower at the foot of Broadway at the same time. Really hoping Pinnacle starts with their huge Broadway Project soon. Oh the guy at Krisp also said that the large Pre War Office tower at 7th and Broadway is being converted to residential, has anyone else heard this? It's the largest old office building in the City quite a behemoth.

-- What is up with that Farkas Supply crappy ass parcel on 8th and F I believe? It is a one floor building covering a huge lot seems like that should be going bye bye very soon.

And why doesn't the city just convert the old libarty into hipster techie office space or tear that squat thing down already?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations