HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
It still baffles me that people complain about the "blandness" of the complex but slobber over the original WTC and want it to be rebuilt.
I added a similar surprise on another thread, we are very spoiled when you can complain about 1,000 ft buildings with exposed steel that is part of a complex with 4 buildings over 970 ft ...

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 3:33 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 5:54 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Totally agreed. Architecturally, the new complex knocks the old one out of the water. I think that most people who say they prefer the original are just being nostalgic. And perhaps the original twins made for a more iconic skyline.
While I wholeheartedly agree that we walked away with a much more visually appealing complex from top to bottom, I have a somewhat strange reason for quietly musing on still having the old twins. It would be very cool, especially with Hudson Yards and 57th coming up so quick, to have supertalls from every major era of skyscraper construction on our skyline. From the Deco masterpieces to the international-style 60s WTC to the contemporary towers of today.

That being said, I'm going to go back to sitting back and being obscenely pleased with the amount of towers and sheer transformation of the skyline happening before our eyes.

OT digression concluded

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 5:09 AM
BANNED

I think the complex is far too conservative.. could have had the signature tower be a little more adventurous, ya know? Of course, Foster's original proposal was very nice, but rejected because people went the safe route. That was dumb honestly. A more lively building would make downtown nyc more interesting and vibrant.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 3:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
I think the complex is far too conservative.. could have had the signature tower be a little more adventurous, ya know? Of course, Foster's original proposal was very nice, but rejected because people went the safe route. That was dumb honestly. A more lively building would make downtown nyc more interesting and vibrant.
Please troll on Chicago or Atlanta threads so that you can get banned and spare us from your complaints.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 5:09 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Please troll on Chicago or Atlanta threads so that you can get banned and spare us from your complaints.
You took it personally. It is not a troll comment.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 9:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The Capital of the World!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 2:36 AM
New Yorker for life

Any further comments in this thread better be about this tower.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 3:02 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
From this angle, you can see just how much taller 3WTC is compared to Goldman Sachs.
I honestly didn't realize just how tall 3WTC actually is, especially when 1WTC dominates the scene.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 3:46 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
I honestly didn't realize just how tall 3WTC actually is, especially when 1WTC dominates the scene.

It's over 1,000 ft. Goldman Sachs is nowhere close to that. Nor is 7 WTC, which is about equal with Goldman Sachs, so I don't understand the confusion.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/05/3-worl...-tower-leased/

3 World Trade Center to open with nearly half of tower leased

By Lois Weiss
June 5, 2018

Quote:
On Monday, Larry Silverstein will cut the ribbon to officially open his new 3 World Trade Center, the third office tower he has developed there since the 9/11 tragedy. At 80 floors, it tops out at 1,079 feet.

“It’s very expressive of masculinity, strength and power,” Silverstein told me of the 2.5 million square-footer. “The steel trusses are part of the façade work.”

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 3:54 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 4:00 AM
Mr. Technology

NYguy, it's not confusion, just the angle of the shot.
When I had realized how tall 3WTC is, it really struck me.
I hope Larry will be able to lease 2WTC soon, now that he's about to cut the ribbon for 3WTC on Monday.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 11:23 AM
New Yorker for life

JUNE 11, 2018

Opening Day

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 9:46 PM

Hi everyone, I've been out of the loop for quite awhile now. Question here, will 3 WTC be open to the public ? I heard it would have an outdoor garden and patio with some great views of the surrounding skyline. I wonder if it's only meant for the occupants of the building itself. I will most likely be staying in Stamford, Ct for work from October thru March.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 11:49 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Why Is The East Façade Not Yet Done???????

Oy vey.....

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 10:48 AM

My latest video in which Three World Trade Center is also featured, BY QUEENSNY121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1mpRDPpaEQ

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 8:34 PM

Great to see it officially opened. Another chapter closed in this long road to completion.

Now for Tower 2....

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 8:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Great to see it officially opened. Another chapter closed in this long road to completion.

Now for Tower 2....
https://www.metro.us/news/local-news...opening-future

From Metro:

“After that, it will be 2 WTC, which will take about four, four and a half years to build. I think we’ll land (a tenant) in 2019, so by 2022 or 2023 that should be a finished building as well. When we finish tower two, we’ll stop.”

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 10:48 PM
Mr. Technology

They ran out of supplies to finish this tower.
Oh well, it’s officially open for business.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 3:12 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyinMiami View Post
Hi everyone, I've been out of the loop for quite awhile now. Question here, will 3 WTC be open to the public ? I heard it would have an outdoor garden and patio with some great views of the surrounding skyline. I wonder if it's only meant for the occupants of the building itself. I will most likely be staying in Stamford, Ct for work from October thru March.
That will be for tenants.

More pics...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive