HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 1:41 PM

Will the cladding work be a 24hr operation?? Or is this crew a daytime only gig??

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 2:34 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
This panel of glass is probably the most talked about panel of glass on all the internet ever. Seriously, who else other than skyscraper fans would get so excited about a panel of glass? Hell, if all the people on SSP and SSC were in one town, we would have to call together a giant rave for this glass.
Well, they have waited a long time for it. It'll take a few days to sink in. Personally I'm enjoying all of the photos, saved me the trip down there. But as someone else said, it's something you should see with your own eyes, so I'll check it out on my weekly journey. The next glass reveal will be the base, I'm interested in seeing how that plays out as compared to the rest of the tower. Then eventually, the final reveal will be the crown and the spire, which is still a little vague at this point, though we have a general idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlinmac001 View Post
As more cladding is put up, potential tenants will want to definitely have a stake in one of the four WTC buildings. Sooner or later we could be seeing tenants signing up for Tower's 2 or 3. Conde Nast already has a stake in one million square feet of Tower 1. Its only a matter of time. - Cheers!
The WTC is the only game in town as far as large, new office space goes. Renderings are one thing, but seeing the building in reality makes it more likely than not to secure tenants.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 5:55 PM

I'm surprise, no work being done today?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 6:14 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

holy mackeral at long last -- the first panels are up -- and boy oh boy do they ever look good!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 6:15 PM

there is work on floors 47,48.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 10:38 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The WTC is the only game in town as far as large, new office space goes. Renderings are one thing, but seeing the building in reality makes it more likely than not to secure tenants.
It's also:
A) The exact center of transit in the city and region.
B) One of the few LEED Gold office spaces.
C) Has lower-than-market electricity rates because it piggy-backs on the PA's power deal.

On the downside, there is the history of the site. That's about the only thing working against it. Yet that hasn't been a problem for this building, the most likely to be targeted, nor Tower 7.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 10:43 PM
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
It's also:
B) One of the few LEED Gold office spaces.
C) Has lower-than-market electricity rates because it piggy-backs on the PA's power deal.

On the downside, there is the history of the site. That's about the only thing working against it. Yet that hasn't been a problem for this building, the most likely to be targeted, nor Tower 7.
Good points. Once a few floors are covered in cladding and more rigorous development is seen in the east bathtub, we should see a large demand for space here

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 10:45 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall guy 31 View Post
Will the cladding work be a 24hr operation?? Or is this crew a daytime only gig??
Seeing as how DCM is paying for the tower cranes and has "First Dibs" on there use (and DCM charges other companies $1,750 an hour to use them (It's actually $1,750 per lift based on an average time over the life of the job of 45 minutes per lift)) I would say that curtain wall installation well be second and or third shift. (The construction elevators are only $750 per lift.) Who knows, maybe Benson has a machine to install panels just like how the Twins skin was applied.

The WTC towers, when finished, well be the most modern prime office space in the city, not to mention some fine looking towers in a prime location. I would be shocked if all the towers were not fully leased by there opening dates.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 11:29 PM
West bench livin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
holy mackeral at long last -- the first panels are up -- and boy oh boy do they ever look good!
What?? Where?? Pics or it didn't happen! Help out this poor schmuck in Utah!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcntry View Post
What?? Where?? Pics or it didn't happen! Help out this poor schmuck in Utah!
look back through the pages.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2010, 11:41 PM
West bench livin'

Opps... all I had to do was go one page back... how'd I miss that? Must've been the weekend... Like I said... a schmuck!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 2:28 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Redoing the exterior. First time around I basically half-assed it, which is why you never really saw that many close-ups.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 2:31 AM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Redoing the exterior. First time around I basically half-assed it.
Looks much more like the real thing now!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 2:32 AM

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 3:21 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It's also:
Well, the towers centered around Penn Station (like 15 Penn and Manhattan West) would be around the center of transit in the city and region, but they're not under construction. The transit around the WTC site is among the best in the city though, when you take into account the Fulton Street transit center is connected. Still, it doesn't beat Penn Station. Grand Central is pretty much built out.

morrongiello

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 5:05 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^Any negative there is from walking 3 blocks from Fulton, is made up for by walking just 1 block from PATH, and being within another block from a couple of largely residential areas.

Work continues. The base will look drastically better this time around, now that I know what everything is supposed to look like.

With the ACTUAL floors this time around. Quick and easy cut and paste from 1WTC v2.0.

Last edited by STR; Nov 16, 2010 at 5:49 AM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 5:26 AM

Last edited by Bucktown718; Nov 16, 2010 at 5:41 AM.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 10:41 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Pretty much done with the tower portion. Got to rehab the base (which will look really nice) and the antenna levels. In the meanwhile, I'm playing around with the vents. Here's small wire-mesh inserts in the glass. I'll do full-length mesh next time through, which is closest to what the renders show (they actually show 4-story tall holes in the facade, not sure if I buy that, but we'll figure that out in a year and a half).

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 10:58 AM

^^^ why does the tower have all those holes in it? That looks kind bad :/ will they be covered up STR? Or will they not be that visible from below

Old Posted Nov 16, 2010, 11:35 AM
Ω

^ Mechanical ventilation

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive