HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Was talking about this more with family over the weekend. Apparently the Stamps rolled out three Adidas jerseys from day one, red, white and black. In terms of the Bombers first alternate I am betting it is basically the road jersey with the white body swapped for a gold one. Do a few other tweaks. before the gold away jersey that Bombers had a gold alternate jersey. Pretty sure it was at last alternate before the change to the 2012 Rebook series.
Yeah, the Bombers had a gold third that they used a lot from about 07-11. They played the 2007 Grey Cup in it.

It was this one... I still like to wear my replica from time to time

source:riderville

Anyway, I agree. The gold was popular and would be received well if they rolled it out as a third, although maybe making it the road uni a few years back was a bad choice.

On a related note I went to the Bomber fan fest to pick up my tix and had a great time. That has really evolved into a really fun event and it was again this year, in spite of the weather.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 4:20 PM

Nice touch having Dressler model the new jersey, as he was the go-to guy for the Riders new jersey introductions in recent years. Good knife twist to keep the rivalry heated up...

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
On a related note I went to the Bomber fan fest to pick up my tix and had a great time. That has really evolved into a really fun event and it was again this year, in spite of the weather.
I thought the Fan Fest was super annoying this year. I got there about 12:30 pm and it seemed they were going on the PA about every two minutes to tell people that the free hot dogs were ending at 1:00 pm. Heard from another fan they ran out of the mini donuts shortly before they got to the station. If you don't want to give out free food then don't. If you are do it for the full time of the event.

The other side the jumped out at my from Saturday is that the team continues to do a horrible job with its online merchandise store. They had tonnes of new Adidas clothing for sale in the store but most of it is not listed on the web site. If the team actually would take the few minutes to properly list stuff on their own website they could easily increase their sales.

Love though that Season Ticket Holders will have their own lines at each gate this season. No disrespect to people that aren't STH but the people that are there ever week generally have a good idea how the screening process at the gates works. Moving the walkup people into a separate line should help STH get through the gate a little quicker.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 4:48 PM

^ The free food is just one part of the event... I was impressed with how it was handled, I went to get a hotdog at noon and there was no lineup at all which is not what I was expecting.

As for the online store, I agree it's terrible. The Bombers are still stuck in the dark ages when it comes to online shopping. It's like they just grudgingly set up a site for a basic assortment of items and that's it. I don't think the product offering has evolved much at all in the last 15 years.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 9:05 PM

It's hard for me to completely get over my hate for Weston Dressler, even though he's a Bomber now.

Old Posted May 16, 2016, 10:00 PM

^^ The Bombers actually used to do a great job with their online store and its social media posting about every single item that was coming through the doors. The person that used to look after that though is no longer with the organization and it really have suffered for a few years now. It is so bad that for some items they will have larger sizes, 2XL - 4XL, but have them stashed in a storage rather than on display at the IGF store and not mentioned anywhere on their site. Then after the season is over these items come out of storage for the clearance sale and are marked down like 80% and blown out the door before the next season's stock comes in. A lot of the items are highly seasonal too as the equipment contract, at least in the past, as essentially said that the team, coaches, etc wear this exact clothing item on week 3 in the scheduled. On week 4 they have a different item of clothing to wear. It is to the point the team even has three different jackets to wear at specific points in the season, at least that is how the old contract was. It seems the Adidas contract will be similar as some of the items are already available in the store.

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesplease View Post
Bombers road jerseys look sharp!
Funny, Weston doesn't look excited.......more like, "what the hell have I done?"

Crap, I missed this jab..lol..your right, doesn't look happy in the photo, probably thinking about NMS and missing out...

What happened to that Rider thread, probably gathering dust on page 2..We have to revive it soon, this is going to be an interesting year for both the Riders and BB's..

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
What happened to that Rider thread, probably gathering dust on page 2..We have to revive it soon, this is going to be an interesting year for both the Riders and BB's.
If you call the Bomber's winning the Grey Cup while the Riders go 0-18 "interesting" I am in full agreement.

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 6:54 PM

Blue Bombers will be interesting this year.

How about that one?! haha Seriously though, I've never been more optimistic for a football season in a long time.

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Bomber's winning the Grey Cup
yes, an exciting season to unfold in short order...

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 11:41 PM

Anyone know why a whole section on the east side near the south end zone had the seats removed?

Old Posted May 26, 2016, 12:49 PM
What could go wrong?

Waterproofing repairs?
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 26, 2016, 2:44 PM

^^ Doubtful. Best I could tell from the tv news footage the seats were removed on the east side. To my knowledge the under seat building is all on the west side.

Old Posted May 26, 2016, 2:49 PM

"Waterproofing" of the concrete itself, not the building?

From my understanding, the concrete drainage long term issue is related to the concrete structure being weakened by water getting into the re-enforcing steel. Not just that water is getting through the concrete and into the ceiling tiles causing damage to the building below, for example. I think all those issues were ironed out after the first season.

Old Posted May 30, 2016, 12:06 PM

CBC has a report on the ongoing repairs to IGF today.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...603423?cmp=rss

Looks like the costs have gone up to $13 million and may still rise further.

Old Posted May 31, 2016, 12:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
CBC has a report on the ongoing repairs to IGF today.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...603423?cmp=rss

Looks like the costs have gone up to $13 million and may still rise further.
In Manitoba the term "build it right the first time" is just a joke!

The stadium fiasco needs an audit and investigation and some involved need to have charges brought against them, just another black eye for the province, city and Blue Bombers!

No way a project of this magnitude should have been left to those who had never designed or built a stadium, infuriating that in NA there are firms who exclusively do sports facilities and the province choose to ignore them.

Old Posted May 31, 2016, 1:53 PM

The root cause will lead back to Asper. Everything after that was a mess. Instead of saying stop, the NDP played the political game and pushed it ahead. Those are the main issues. The rest are a result of these.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 3:28 PM

Whoo hoo! Preseason begins tonight! Is everyone jacked?

Me neither, but I'm still going!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 4:23 PM

lol not jacked. Not going either.

But let the journey begin! I'll get a few single games this year and that'll be about it for me. We'll see how many free tix I can conjure up.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 5:17 PM

Let's hope we can keep Willy vertical, rather than horizontal and healthy this season

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan