HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 2:24 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Well, if the state ever gets their s*** together there will eventually be a "Y-interchange" built overlapping the current Loyola interchange, allowing airport traffic to bypass Loyola and Vets altogether. In the meantime new signal timings and roadway stripping are being designed to move traffic through the current configuration onto the new access road. I work for one of the firms responsible for this part of the project and trust me when I say it's a disaster. It's almost as if the department of transportation wants this thing to fail. The structural design and traffic studies were not even initiated until the terminal was well underway. Apparently, while the city was planning and trying secure funding the state was sitting back betting on whether or not it would actually happen.
I definitely believe you here. It just occurred to me they have no idea how bad that intersection will function and there was no plan. Shocking and another reason I think the opening was pushed back

wouldnt the state need to buy private property to make any of this work?

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I definitely believe you here. It just occurred to me they have no idea how bad that intersection will function and there was no plan. Shocking and another reason I think the opening was pushed back

wouldnt the state need to buy private property to make any of this work?
They know how bad it's going to be, it just is what it is. The state acts as if it was oblivious to the fact that the city was pursuing the new terminal and I wouldn't be shocked if they were purposely delaying it further and using the contractors as a scapegoat.

I don't know what the final design will be as it's a design-build project, but it is possible to get it done with only having to grab the property within the neutral ground of Loyola where there's a surface lot and volunteer fire station.

Some homes may be impacted on the Aberdeen side, but that would be an issue for the city.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 1:50 PM
-

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 7:28 PM

Drove by today and looks like glass is going up on the East side near Rouses

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
They know how bad it's going to be, it just is what it is. The state acts as if it was oblivious to the fact that the city was pursuing the new terminal and I wouldn't be shocked if they were purposely delaying it further and using the contractors as a scapegoat.

I don't know what the final design will be as it's a design-build project, but it is possible to get it done with only having to grab the property within the neutral ground of Loyola where there's a surface lot and volunteer fire station.

Some homes may be impacted on the Aberdeen side, but that would be an issue for the city.
Man. Thats the exit I live off of, and I'm seriously trying to move out of Kenner before the next year, because that exit is going to be hell when they start working on it, and Loyola around I-10 and Vets is going to be a nightmare even after that probably.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 11:03 PM
-

1638 Marigny St, 1631 Elysian Fields Ave, 1633 Elysian Fields Ave, 163·Stormwater Management, Design Review · Project #DR043-17 ·Ref Code: 722G8K
Download (11) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Stormwater Management, Design Review
Applicant:
Martin Tovrea
Application Returned to Applicant
Date Filed:
4/24/2017
Closed:
No
Description
DR & SMP for proposed 65,000 sf health clinic

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 12:48 AM

Royal Caribbean returning to New Orleans

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2...t-cruises-2018

Vision of the Seas will run 7 day Caribbean itineraries from New Orleans

2400 passengers

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:43 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsalfl View Post

2400 passengers
Thats great to see!

Probably gearing up for eventual stops in Cuba!

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsalfl View Post

2400 passengers
Great find! NOLA.com hasn't even picked up story!

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Great find! NOLA.com hasn't even picked up story!
they tend to be really slow over there, often picking up development news we run here weeks before.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 1:38 PM

For those who are interested, today starts Condor service to Frankfurt. I encourage everyone to look into this airline for European service. British Airways will sell itself but I am worried we could lose Condor because BA is so popular. This is definitely a cheaper way to get to Europe. This brings you to Germany and connects to most airports in Europe for a very cheap rate.

If you wish to track the flight, use this link! Enjoy!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFG2067

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 2:39 PM
-

Quote:
For those who are interested, today starts Condor service to Frankfurt. I encourage everyone to look into this airline for European service. British Airways will sell itself but I am worried we could lose Condor because BA is so popular. This is definitely a cheaper way to get to Europe. This brings you to Germany and connects to most airports in Europe for a very cheap rate.

If you wish to track the flight, use this link! Enjoy!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFG2067
Thanks for the reminder. I know quite a few people flying them this summer. One thing I realize is that almost everyone flying them is headed to Germany. I dont think many people realize Condor can be useful for connections in Europe.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Thanks for the reminder. I know quite a few people flying them this summer. One thing I realize is that almost everyone flying them is headed to Germany. I dont think many people realize Condor can be useful for connections in Europe.
Not many people know that. I'm not trying to take away from BA's market, but you can get a one way ticket to London on Condor for $399 from MSY. Just think about it. One is luxury and one is more budget.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Not many people know that. I'm not trying to take away from BA's market, but you can get a one way ticket to London on Condor for $399 from MSY. Just think about it. One is luxury and one is more budget.
Depending on the timing Condor also offers some great deals on premium economy and business classes. Maybe not the very top, but better than most US airlines. BA isn't as nice as it used to be either. The premium is really just for the name and the nonstop.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:24 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Depending on the timing Condor also offers some great deals on premium economy and business classes. Maybe not the very top, but better than most US airlines. BA isn't as nice as it used to be either. The premium is really just for the name and the nonstop.
And the one world alliance membership.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 1:31 AM
-

Starting to clean up exterior of 1600 Canal

The Jung:

Canal Crossing:

Bienville Crossing Latest Phase lights are on now:

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 4:25 AM

We're flying Condor this Summer to visit Rome. Great prices in business class. Condor connects directly with Lufthansa, so they can get you anywhere in Europe, Middle East, and Asia at the Frankfurt hub. I hope they do well here, and expand service to year round.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 5:08 AM

Is it just me or does it seems like the Jung has been taking forever. I thought the target for opening was last fall. What's the holdup?

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 5:13 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Is it just me or does it seems like the Jung has been taking forever. I thought the target for opening was last fall. What's the holdup?
its opening this summer... its an extremely complicated project.. they had quite a lot to do.. the building had hurricane damage, was built in three different decades and all that needed to be streamlined and they have to do all this while following historical approvals as well as eb5 approvals. so yeah it definitely took longer than I thought but I live across the street and they are definitely working on it all day with large crews.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 5:53 PM
NOLA Razorback

Jung

I wish the parking garage actually looked like the renderings... It's pretty ugly RN, but maybe they have more work to do?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations