HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 2:13 PM

Treasure Valley developers get back in the commercial-building game

By Sven Berg

sberg@idahostatesman.comJune 17, 2015

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 5:03 PM

Emporis.com

Does anyone know Emporis.com's process for updating building data at their websites? I have noticed in previous years different high rise projects planned in the City were listed as under construction with the basic details of the building (# of stories, height, etc.). It does not appear as though it has been updated for a long time... Does emporis rely on individuals submitting data or is it some how connected to the permitting process in respective cities?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Buff View Post
Does anyone know Emporis.com's process for updating building data at their websites? I have noticed in previous years different high rise projects planned in the City were listed as under construction with the basic details of the building (# of stories, height, etc.). It does not appear as though it has been updated for a long time... Does emporis rely on individuals submitting data or is it some how connected to the permitting process in respective cities?
I've submitted corrections (via email) to them years ago so I believe individuals can still submit data so long as it's verifiable thru a third party. I don't remember if I had to register or not but nowadays I would suspect you may be required to register first.

I vaguely remember you could request to be a city representative for Emporis but I never followed that through. No idea if they still do that.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBMW View Post
A shot of JUMP I took about a month ago.

Duh... just now noticed that the first of those pics has a lot of interior lights on in the place for contrast. Beautiful! Nice work, BoiseBMW! I also noticed a couple weeks ago that a bright yellow "Inspire" sign was placed on some of the exterior cladding. It looks great

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 3:23 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Buff View Post
i've wondered about that too. the old Emporis site seemed to be pretty up to date, but lately the Boise info seems to be lacking.

my guess is they do rely on locals to update the information, but i've never looked into it.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 3:37 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I can Definitely tell you the I am not at all disappointed with the design. Although, I do wish they would have chosen to use slightly more glass, and added balconies to the design. But even without those additional items, it'll be a great start in revitalizing the Central Addition.
I do think though that they may have been lurking on SSP lately. Because wasn't it you Boisebro that wanted them to break up the curved wall? Someone on here was talking about wishing that they'd do that.
agree on the glass and balconies. i wonder how hot that dark brick will get in the summer when it's 103 degrees for 7 straight days.

i'm looking forward to see what their "Nest" proposal looks like.

i'm sure some designers lurk on the board, but i'd be surprised if anyone takes our comments to heart in their designs. and even if they do, hopefully they understand that our critiques are merely an example of how passionate we all are about architecture in Boise, particularly given the history of horrid designs (Grove, I'm looking at you).

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 3:43 PM
All man. Half nuts.

and now for something not quite completely different...

found this image of the Key Bank building under construction (or the Bank of Idaho building, as it was originally known). note the banner calling it "Idaho's Tallest Building."

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post

found this image of the Key Bank building under construction (or the Bank of Idaho building, as it was originally known). note the banner calling it "Idaho's Tallest Building."

What year was that built?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 5:31 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 5:32 PM
All man. Half nuts.

progress on the new temple in Meridian...

btw, there's no truth to the rumors that people are complaining about the top looking too much like the Zion tower...

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 8:37 PM

Quote:
agree on the glass and balconies. i wonder how hot that dark brick will get in the summer when it's 103 degrees for 7 straight days.

i'm looking forward to see what their "Nest" proposal looks like.

i'm sure some designers lurk on the board, but i'd be surprised if anyone takes our comments to heart in their designs. and even if they do, hopefully they understand that our critiques are merely an example of how passionate we all are about architecture in Boise, particularly given the history of horrid designs (Grove, I'm looking at you).
Boisebro, can you remind me where the Nest project is going to be located?

Thanks!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 4:56 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmack003 View Post
Boisebro, can you remind me where the Nest project is going to be located?

Thanks!

i presumed it was going to be in the same vicinity as the Nest, if not right across the street. or at least, somewhere within the central addition neighborhood.

i thought i read where the location was somewhere, but i can't recall where it was. perhaps someone else can recall.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 6:20 PM

Quote:

I've always thought that was a very good looking building. Especially from the Statehouse side.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 PM

New Hawks stadium tied to Boise State restarting baseball?

Interesting article in the Statesman today about Kustra wanting to restart baseball: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...-wants-to.html

A little interesting tidbit at the end of the article:
Quote:
The return of Broncos baseball could be tied to a new stadium for the Boise Hawks minor-league team.

“We know the new Boise Hawks owner,” Kustra said. “He’s very excited about teaming up with us in some way.”
That would be pretty awesome. And I'm sure that restarting baseball would have exactly zero to do with wanting to catch the attention of the Pac 12

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 12:45 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Boise State -----------➜ Idaho Water Center & Courthouse/Civic Plaza complex pano.

Main Street

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; Jun 25, 2015 at 10:16 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 5:46 PM

Here are the Hyatt Place hotel renderings at 5th & Bannock next to Banner Bank

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 9:56 PM

Per the Statesman, Ahlquists no longer plan on a soccer stadium for Parcel B. I kind of thought that that would wind up being an odd use of that property.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...oise.html?rh=1

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 10:02 PM

Parcel B hotel

200-300 rooms, plus an 800 space garage. Future space for a second hotel or office. They will also endeavor to build apartments

EDIT: Even though not opening up the grid to traffic, I do like that they are opening it up to pedestrian traffic

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 10:08 PM

Love it! It kind of reminds me of Spokane's new convention center hotel, although quite a bit smaller. Like Don said, I love how Gardner is splitting up the property into four quadrants to eliminate the feel of a mega-block. It looks like they are almost ready to announce the name of the hotel which to me ups the probability of it actually coming to fruition. Gardner Co. alone is transforming Boise and it is happening before all of our eyes.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 4:51 AM

The renderings for 5th and Bannock for the Hyatt Place are quite dull. The color scheme is what you would expect for Boise.. (uneventful and boring/brown) This is a lame rendering, looks more like Meridian than Boise. I'm getting very suburban vibes which is disappointing for that location in the city core..

As for Parcel B. I don't really know yet. The renderings don't seem complete yet.. however it appears to be rather uninteresting..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West